Make sure you go into your Options.ini in the main install and adjust the fallowing:

Mine is "C:\Users\Spectre8750\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 WarForIsrael"

[singleMission]
AircraftType=A-10A_76
Service=USAF
MissionMap=DESERT
MissionType=CAS
MissionTime=NOON
MissionWeather=SCATTERED
AirActivity=NORMAL
AirDefenseActivity=NORMAL
FlyAll=FALSE
LoadMission=FALSE
LoadMissionFilename=D:\InstalledGames\ThirdWire\Saved Games\StrikeFighters2 WarForIsrael\Missions\A-4H AHIT (73) CLOSE AIR SUPPORT 2.MSN
MissionDate=1976
StartYear=1950
EndYear=2040   <---------------------------------------------
EditMission=FALSE

And if you want All aircraft to show up in the Modded game, don't delete the aircraft in the aircraft folder on install of the Mod.

Edited by Spectre8750

And if you want All aircraft to show up in the Modded game, don't delete the aircraft in the aircraft folder on install of the Mod.

As a standalone mod like many other big packs it is best to delete other aircraft/objects that's not in theater and so was the recommended setting in the single KAW mods to build a standalone game... Mostly coz there are mod specific settings in FMs and AI parameters. The game would run fine for sure but some gameplay could be off balance. An example the Mig-15 contained in the mod is significantly tougher compared to default TW mig. The default one crumbles by a few 50cal hits which is not very "realistic" vs real life reports. The toughness setting on the mig-15 is also same with every other aircraft in mod. If ya mix in say the TW Mig-17, the mig-17 is gonna be very fragile comparatively...

There shouldn't be hangs or CTDs and sorta stuff with other objects mixed but for a best KAW theater experience it is to delete the default aircraft and ground objects as noted in the install steps, for there are many mod specific changes for a guns only dogfight theater.

^^it is not to say "Don't do it" because open modding means we have the freedom to do what we each own prefers that i like a lot myself, but tis just a note of info on why. To mix with other objects/mods the ideal way is compare the .inis and file contents to see what's different and edit them all to a universal setting.

Edited by Do335
  • Like 1

As a standalone mod like many other big packs it is best to delete other aircraft/objects that's not in theater and so was the recommended setting in the single KAW mods to build a standalone game... Mostly coz there are mod specific settings in FMs and AI parameters. The game would run fine for sure but some gameplay could be off balance. An example the Mig-15 contained in the mod is significantly tougher compared to default TW mig. The default one crumbles by a few 50cal hits which is not very "realistic" vs real life reports. The toughness setting on the mig-15 is also same with every other aircraft in mod. If ya mix in say the TW Mig-17, the mig-17 is gonna be very fragile comparatively.......etc

Along this topic, I perform one more step to isolate the KAW install. I rename the Campaigns to Campaigns-KAW and then refer to that in the <ThirdWire_Game_Name>.ini file....this way, I only see the KAW campaigns and no others...If you don't and if you select another campaign from within the KAW install...SF2 will try to find a plane...IE F-15A and find that is it not there. Then it re-pops the Obj\AC folders with ALL the planes it thinks it's missing....

:) 

Then it re-pops the Obj\AC folders with ALL the planes it thinks it's missing....

neg the game just locks up (post 44 by ragnarokryan)

i'd added the extra step in install steps.

neg the game just locks up (post 44 by ragnarokryan)

i'd added the extra step in install steps.

Hmmm, I thought the Instant Action locks up, but in Campaign mode, it just repops the planes...? I could be wrong. Been awhile...

both of them locks and appears to be only fixable by manual .ini edits:|

there have always been the weird plane "re-pop" phenomenon for some ppl since apparently very long ago, like the one in post 17 by emp palpatine. the exact cause of it would possibly remain a mystery forever........................

both of them locks and appears to be only fixable by manual .ini edits:|

there have always been the weird plane "re-pop" phenomenon for some ppl since apparently very long ago, like the one in post 17 by emp palpatine. the exact cause of it would possibly remain a mystery forever........................

Gremlins!!!!

• Like 1

ehh that's good palpatine!

Edited by Do335

I loaded this mod this morning and ran it with no problems. If everything is installed according to instructions. And I'm not missing any flyable aircraft. Thanks Do335.

StrikeFighters2_Korea.ini

[Module]
ModuleDataFile=GermanyCE.cat <===========================******
DefaultTerrainData=Korea3 <===========================******
DefaultAircraft=F-86F-30 <===========================******

----------------------------------------------

Options.ini

[instantAction]
AircraftType=F-86F-30 <===========================******
MissionMap=Korea3 <===========================******
StartTime=16:30:00
StartDate=09/18/1952 <===========================******
StartTimeDeviation=120
TextureSet=0
NationalMarking=0
SquadronMarking=0
AircraftNumber=0
KillMarking=0

[singleMission]
AircraftType=AD-2
Service=USN
MissionMap=KOREA3
MissionType=SEAD
MissionTime=NOON
MissionWeather=SCATTERED
AirActivity=NORMAL
AirDefenseActivity=NORMAL
FlyAll=FALSE
LoadMission=FALSE
LoadMissionFilename=D:\InstalledGames\ThirdWire\Saved Games\StrikeFighters2_Korea\Missions\640802_TONKIN_GULF_INCIDENT.MSN <===========================******
MissionDate=1950 <===========================******
StartYear=1949<===========================******
EndYear=1972
EditMission=FALSE

Instant Action works. and the Options.ini Date will allow aircraft to show on map.

• Like 1

By the way, tracers and sounds are awesome. Should be standards in other mods! 

• Like 2

thanks palpatine! did spend days and days time with them sounds and generated some 200 versions and am surely glad ya like them!

i still think they can be better tho, but limited by skill and game engine my further efforts had diminished returns... if an audio master can get hands dirty on SF sounds it would be great.

in any event, i do like them myself vs the base game sounds, the heavy mach buzz above .9 is a good way to utilize [windsound] compared to the default setting, i reckon it is indeed fit for all jets as well. engine/gunfire sounds are mostly from il2 sources but most of time is spent on editing to make them fit SF's rudimentary setting.

Edited by Do335

I did everything except the map, but the game doesn't seem to recognize any of the campaigns in C:\Users\[my username]\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Korea\Campaigns. If I paste another campaign it does appear ingame. Any advice?

Do335

I am sadly one of the poor modder that have no time to ACTUALLY PLAY the excellent mods we have here, so given I was able to install this one today -and Spectre's Modern Warfare series- I am in love :yes:

yes, the sounds alone are must hve for any installation!

First the thing I have to point out I see none of the WW2/Korea fx test effects of mine you mention as added; no biggie though as these are just "so so" in my own opinion.

• Like 1

Stary: fx stuff included (iirc..) are tracer texture, HMG hit effects, and half sized tracer tga per ur mod idea. prolly not that obvious but seems to add good touch to combat!

apologize for absence as well but work has been hectic. will be back later!

sure, and yes I noticed some files indeed, I misred it as Ithought it meant it's everything included and wanted to give heads-up. Anyway, excellent work on this one

sure, and yes I noticed some files indeed, I misred it as Ithought it meant it's everything included and wanted to give heads-up. Anyway, excellent work on this one

ah! sorry mate... for a data mod the gfx part is at times minimalist. one usually add whole bunch of eye candies himself anyway i reckon!...

(too tired to post proper as usual......)

Edited by Do335
  • Like 1

Hello everyone,

I'm about to install Wings over Korea. In the ReadMe for Wrenchs Korea Terrain it states it is for use witch Patch Level July 2012 only. Does this also apply when using the Wings over Korea mod,or is it save to use newer patch levels?

Thanks in advance.

july 2013 (the final patch) works just fine

Has anyone else had issues with getting the new campaigns to show up? All I can see are the default SF2 campaigns. I followed the install instructions to the letter and I have a full merged install with NA and both the Expansion Packs.

SIngle mission and instant action work great. Just none of the campaigns show up in the selection window. Any ideas? Thanks.

[Version]
BuildDate=Jul 2013
StrikeFighters2=TRUE
StrikeFighters2 Vietnam=TRUE
StrikeFighters2 Europe=TRUE
StrikeFighters2 Israel=TRUE
StrikeFighters2 Exp1=TRUE
StrikeFighters2 Exp2=TRUE
StrikeFighters2 NorthAtlantic=TRUE
StrikeFighters2 Exp3=FALSE

[OnlineNews]
LastUpdateVersion=Jul 2013