That looks fantastic, I hope i can convince Enoc for a nice Specular Map  :assassin:

pls take care of the part of the main gear that is connected to the wings .. you can see in your belly pic that there is no 3D part that connects the gear with the wings. 

Impressive work.  Natural metal finish is extremely difficult to simulate well, but you've done it. 

That looks fantastic, I hope i can convince Enoc for a nice Specular Map  :assassin:

pls take care of the part of the main gear that is connected to the wings .. you can see in your belly pic that there is no 3D part that connects the gear with the wings. 

No need to convince me i am already amazed by it :D

Thanks! Looking forward to it!

yeah its one thing that bugged me...its being taken care of eventually....bit busy atm for 3d stuff...hope to resume soon..

• Like 2

this is a beautiful project. hope you find the time to finish it at some point. many thanks for all the hard work you have put into this.

Perfect news!!!! Thanks for creating more version.

Could you pls check one thing on your J-7 generaly? The front canopy bar looks a bit odd fro mthe front view. I have noticed "sharp" edges on it and the shape seems not be correct. I have drwan some lines into your last render. On the left side you can see a corrected shape and on the right side i have marked with yellow lines the strange edges. Maybe im wrong on the shape but it doesnt look "right"

post-8289-0-80203200-1442327836_thumb.jpg

Pls check it and tell me what you think

here you can see the round shape of that frame ... 

1020487_698932543.jpg

Edited by 76.IAP-Blackbird

yeah but im limited to the existing fuselage polys as ive joined the glass,canopy and fuse to edit as one mesh...I would need to redo the fuse mesh...mebbe I ll see if i can do it another way

do so

I use triangles to get more polys at one end than on the other, works so far, but yes you need to redo the canopy glas, canopyframe, front cockpit frame and the windshield .. but that will be worth the work. 

Would recomend this upgrade on that area also for your already released MiG-21F mod the J-7

I sometimes cut out parts and copy paste then (integrate them) into the model. It works fine and the mapping would stay the same.

I hope I do not come off like I want to rush anyones work or tell them how they should spend their free time but I do check everyday to see if there is any updates on this model.

sorry about delay...ive been so busy you wouldnt believe it...hope to have summat done before chrimbo comes.

• Like 1

no worries, I know how time can become short. I just wanted you to know that interest hasne't wanned in this project.

sorry about delay...ive been so busy you wouldnt believe it...hope to have summat done before chrimbo comes.

Hope you finnish this beauty someday.  :beta:  :please:

• Like 1