Took a break from the DATA file and slapped on the unfinished 3-color skins to see what they look like ingame.

index.php?app=gallery&module=images&sect

• Like 1

Slowly grinding my way through the endless details.  Got a small graphics pack off to some testers and now I'm fooling around with props and other details.  Still can't get the rudder and elevators to work.  :bad:

• Like 2

Spent the morning experimenting with some of the propeller art developed by various modders, then comparing the results to photographs.  The photo images were dependent on camera angle and shutter speed, combined with propeller rpm so I eventually settled for plain vanilla art because it sorta/kinda worked in any situation.

• Like 2

Finally got Guido, the Italian pilot, to work ingame.  First shot shows WW1 pilot used as place holder, subsequent shots show Guido.

Edited by Geezer
  • Like 4

Fooled around with a quick and dirty Gladiator model test, plus a new pilot for the Avia B534, by Monty CZ.

Edited by Geezer
  • Like 1

Another quick and dirty model check.

• Like 1

DARKEN THE SKIES!.....with plywood tri-motors?  :bad:

• Like 1

More and more attractive! :hi:

Fantastic! It is a pity, that you do not make the aeroplans of the First world war!

Edited by Crowford

I've made one WW1 aircraft - the Martinsyde G100/102 - and will eventually make a few more.  But 1930s aircraft need love too!   :biggrin:

Looks impressive! And, in the future, a Spanish Civil War mod wouldn't hurt anybody........

I've made one WW1 aircraft - the Martinsyde G100/102 - and will eventually make a few more.  But 1930s aircraft need love too!   :biggrin:

Sorry, I simply incorrectly have expressed. It was necessary to tell not "you do not make the aeroplans of the WWI", but "you make few planes of the WWI", or even - "almost do not make them". And it is really sad! :biggrin:

P.S. Yes, your Elephant (Martinsyde) -  is one of the best models in game!)

Looks impressive! And, in the future, a Spanish Civil War mod wouldn't hurt anybody........

No Pasaran!  :biggrin:

Sorry, I simply incorrectly have expressed. It was necessary to tell not "you do not make the aeroplans of the WWI", but "you make few planes of the WWI", or even - "almost do not make them". And it is really sad! :biggrin:

P.S. Yes, your Elephant (Martinsyde) -  is one of the best models in game!)

No problem. :biggrin:

There just is not time to make all the airplanes I would like to make.

Edited by Geezer

Five of the Italian aircraft I have made for the 1940 desert war can also be used for a Spanish Civil War mod:

- Caproni Ca133

- FIAT CR32

- IMAM  Ro37

- Savoia Marchetti SM79

- Savoia Marchetti SM81

A small number of CR42s arrived in the last days of the war for operational testing.

I also have plans to make some Republican aircraft:

Edited by Geezer
  • Like 2

So mate

Do I get a prize for being the first to spot that it isn't a Fairey Fox MkVI ? It's a Hawker Hart/Hartebeest?

So mate

Do I get a prize for being the first to spot that it isn't a Fairey Fox MkVI ? It's a Hawker Hart/Hartebeest?

Yep, I "borrowed" the Fox files to briefly get the Hartebeest into the air to see if it would fly.  I had lots of CG problems with the CR42, but part of the problem was I had forgotten some of what I had learned making the Martinsyde.  I'm quickly checking my other models now that I have remembered the tricks.  I'll expand the quick and dirty kluge jobs into releasable aircraft later as I finish each aircraft.

Good catch.  :biggrin:

AFAIR, the very good model of the Polikarpov I-15 Chato already exists. Developed A-Team.

http://www.cplengineeringllc.com/SFP1/

Though, certainly, you can better))

May be, then it will be more interesting to you to create model of the plane Bleriot-SPAD S.51? It is the interesting machine too, and it nobody made for aviasimulators.

• Like 1

...On the other hand, FIAT Cr.32 among models made by A-team also is present, but less detailed.

May be, then it will be more interesting to you to create model of the plane Bleriot-SPAD S.51? It is the interesting machine too, and it nobody made for aviasimulators.

Good idea!  A very interesting biplane.  :biggrin:

...On the other hand, FIAT Cr.32 among models made by A-team also is present, but less detailed.

The A-team model was obtained from Turbosquid and has a number of inaccuracies.  Most obvious are incorrect rear fuselage, wheel spats too large, plus should hang down more below the aircraft in flight - no weight on wheels.

A few more possibilities.  I can modify my Chinese Dewoitine 510 for Spain.

• Like 2

IIRC, a couple of Northrop Gammas were smuggled into Spain and used as light bombers?

• Like 1

Good idea!  A very interesting biplane. 

Unfortunately, these old biplanes in Spain there were only in duplicate. Both were used as training aircrafts.

The A-team model was obtained from Turbosquid and has a number of inaccuracies.  Most obvious are incorrect rear fuselage, wheel spats too large, plus should hang down more below the aircraft in flight - no weight on wheels.

Certainly, model from A-Team absolutely "wry". It is evident. There is no comparison with model, which is prepared by you.

A few more possibilities.  I can modify my Chinese Dewoitine 510 for Spain.

Not a bad idea! This Dewoitine - also rather rare machine.

However, if you could find time and finish your Halberstadt D.V... It will be simply wonderful!

Edited by Crowford

I thought we were sticking to early North Africa?  The CR.32 is fair enough but changing direction to the Spanish Civl War?!!! :biggrin:  

Focus grasshopper!  (Now I'm showing my age witha Kung-fu reference.)

Just kidding.  You're the artist and the artist gets to do whatever he wants.

I thought we were sticking to early North Africa?  The CR.32 is fair enough but changing direction to the Spanish Civl War?!!! :biggrin:  

Focus grasshopper!  (Now I'm showing my age witha Kung-fu reference.)

Just kidding.  You're the artist and the artist gets to do whatever he wants.

Not to worry, I remain focused on the 1940 desert stuff.  Basically, we were talking about what might come after that - in a year or so.  BTW, several hundred CR32s remained in service when Italy declared war on Britain - they were used as ground attack aircraft and second line fighters in remote areas.