Sign in to follow this  
Dave

I Broke Down and....

Bought the Hawk for only $9.99 at the DCS flash sale. Man talk about a fun jet to fly. I haven't flown a thing in weeks and this thing is a blast. Easy to fly, no complicated avionics. VEAO Simulations kicked ass on this. Excellent job guys, just excellent. 

• Like 1

Would you say it's the best jet to fly around just for the sake of pure flying?

I tend to fly the Sabre as a "sport jet" now, as given that weapon use is difficult and spoiled by modern weaponry, though I was planning on getting the Hawk if they had a sale on Steam.

Isn't it still the simplified flight model?

Says SFM 

Standard Flight Model (SFM). This has not changed and defines a more data-driven means of achieving flight dynamics, in conjunction with some scripting. SFM was used in the Lock On series and is still used in the Flaming Cliffs 3 Su-33 and MiG-29. However, we do plan to update these at a later time.

Was $9.99 in the sale - total bargain

Would you say it's the best jet to fly around just for the sake of pure flying?

I was dogfighting in it too. However if you want something to train in, its worth it. I was doing transitions in it. 

Says SFM 

Standard Flight Model (SFM). This has not changed and defines a more data-driven means of achieving flight dynamics, in conjunction with some scripting. SFM was used in the Lock On series and is still used in the Flaming Cliffs 3 Su-33 and MiG-29. However, we do plan to update these at a later time.

Was $9.99 in the sale - total bargain

$9.99 is a total bargain indeed. 

That's one thing I dislike about Steam, sales don't match up when they come out for the non-Steam versions... but good to know though, will get it.

Both the Hawk and C-101 are fun lil planes to fly,

With AFM.they'll get better

PS Steam sale.started, and.DCS.items are up to 60% off

Already got the Hawk :smile:

ED's internal sales and Steam sales are never at the same time, so if you miss one you usually can catch the other shortly thereafter, unless you will only buy from one or the other of course.