Sign in to follow this  
dsawan

Goodbye and thank you-USS Miami

-- Miami is the first submarine and nuclear-powered ship to be lost in a U.S. naval shipyard, and the second warship lost in a U.S. naval shipyard after the loss of the steam frigate Merrimack in 1861.  [Wiki]

Some warships in History met a more humiliating way to see their otherwise honorable service ending in advance. But not that many. At least in this occasion, it happened without loss of life. Anyway, USS Miami should have deserved a better fate.

A $700 million screw up by one person. 

It's nice to know that no matter what most of us do in our lives we can never fuck up that badly.

It's nice to know that no matter what most of us do in our lives we can never fuck up that badly.

If I ran the country that guy would have been ordered tied to a fence post and flogged till he passed out.

But thankfully I don't run things...

Hey, I've been on that ship!

No, not the USS Miami (I was never there during Fleet Week when it was), I mean the Enchantment of the Seas. :grin:

he didn't exactly screw up - he set the fire intentionally.  It was deliberate sabotage.

he should be dead.

Heinous.

For what I for foresee we need more LA class boats.

CL