Yamamoto

resized to proper lenght and beam...

needs guns setting up and a few small bits doing...basically a few hours work needed...ive not got time...

post-1981-0-57425100-1434663396_thumb.jpg

post-1981-0-10133000-1434663403_thumb.jpg

post-1981-0-64983700-1434663405_thumb.jpg

post-1981-0-96705500-1434663410_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Almost ..

Yamamoto was the Admiral

The ship is the Yamato ...

:ninja:

I don't see the Wave Motion Energy Gun ???

-------

man, that is fracking AWESOME!!  I hope somebody takes it, and brings it all the home.

• Like 2

-------

man, that is fracking AWESOME!!  I hope somebody takes it, and brings it all the home.

What he said..

• Like 1

-------

And now I want someone to stuff some fancy reactor in the back and make it flyable. 

And now I want someone to stuff some fancy reactor in the back and make it flyable. 

Don't temp me. I've got line drawings, scale models, and sound effects. I'd do it. I mean, who wouldn't want to do this in a sim?

For the, uh, pre-refitt version, I'll need an effects wizard, though. There's a special kind of shell I'd like to replicate in-game.

• Like 1

For the, uh, pre-refitt version, I'll need an effects wizard, though. There's a special kind of shell I'd like to replicate in-game.

This one?

San-shiki_dan_explosion_zpsvejpfizt.jpg

Picture942_zpszzpa0hnw.jpg

Yep, that's the one-- the Type 3 "beehive" AA shell. Thousands of shards of burning shrapnel.

I'm not sure how difficult it would be to simulate in SF2, but wouldn't it be awesome?

to side track the thread a bit, thank you for posting that link, I've NEVER seen the live action film.  I must find an English version, even with subtitles!

-------

I was just reading about Beehive's last night.

maybe something like the cluster bomb effect? but how to do the projectiles?

to side track the thread a bit, thank you for posting that link, I've NEVER seen the live action film.  I must find an English version, even with subtitles!

Sure! The film is called simply "Space Battleship Yamato" in both English and Japanese. I saw it in theaters back in 2010, but I've read that a subtitled version came to the States last year on DVD and Blueray. Good luck finding it!

I also highly recommend the recent remake of the series, Space Battleship Yamato 2199. 26 episodes and a movie (so far). Even with my nostalgia goggles from having grown up with Starblazers in the early 80s, it's flat-out superior to the original. In fact, it's probably my favorite show of all time.

Same as flechette rocket.

Do we have a special effect for those? The flechette rockets I previously had installed just made a normal explosion.

soon as get back will post it to you samurai m8

Thanks, looking forward to it.

I also highly recommend the recent remake of the series, Space Battleship Yamato 2199. 26 episodes and a movie (so far). Even with my nostalgia goggles from having grown up with Starblazers in the early 80s, it's flat-out superior to the original. In fact, it's probably my favorite show of all time.

The 2199 remake is just plainly awesome. Best anime/space opera anime I ever saw. 

Don't temp me. I've got line drawings, scale models, and sound effects. I'd do it. I mean, who wouldn't want to do this in a sim?

Tempting in progress....  Whiteboysamurai-sama, i think you'll be truly awesome if you could grant our wishes. :)

Would be happy to work on the data INI file for it.

Samurai

heres the max file for the Yamato....converted to max from obj,so you may need to weld vertices m8....and probably remove or edit some polys etc...

all textures included.

Battleship Yamato.7z