Stary

Yankee Air Pirate Carrier pack 2 Panther question (answered)

ummm...

I am puzzled here -I just bought the Yankee Air Pirate Carrier pack 2 (CV-34 Oriskany and F9F)

and it has our KAW Team's Bobrock's Panter model included as payware?

the LODs are newer that the 2010 ones, from March 2014 (both the plane and cockpit) textures seem updated but not all of them, and if this was with Bobrock's involvement all is fine I just need some clarification please from KAW Team

edit:

Changed topic title

Edited by Stary

I think the bobrock sold them the model. I heard something about it a while back but could be mistaken

ok then all is fine I guess, seems I missed the Bob selled the model part

OK< for clarification:

I among others catched YAP team on stealing other's works and openly admitting will of piracy (which I have archived!) in the past so yeah I am touchy about them (some RS Phase 4 WIP ships textures still look kind of Silent Hunter 4...) so yeah

on the other hand I think the small packs combo products are much better for them than full phases or whatnot

• Like 1

plane's ok if you know the Bobrock's F9F-2 we have here it's basically the same model with underwing pylons addition I think; the carrier is one certainly known artificial reef Oriskany so yeah can do for 14 bucks I think

edit: Plane's devoted of A2A missions types is the biggest difference I found so far, flies ok for SF2

Edited by Stary

Have done a detailed comparison between the 2 in lodviewer (just to know what i bought). YAP one has an additional cockpit seat while the free one at CA has extra damage nodes. The cockpits show differences with a hexeditor compare, but no visual differences except some textures. Plus free one at CA has a LOD2. So it's all about the Essex CV far as I see. If WhiteboySamurai completes the long hull essex someday korea won't rely on this mod.

The essex is pretty hi-def and has adequate data for the flak guns etc so not bad. Downside is no low level LODs.

Edited by Do335

yeah I was kind of hoping of different Panther than the one we have -not that it is bad or anything, it's great- but yes, the carrier is the strong point of this pack

wish they were selling some of their Rising Sun ships too

Stary, I did SF2:NA data files for both the WWII (CV-9) and Korea (CV-34) versions of the the YAP Essex. If you want them let me know.

• Like 1

sure KJ, maybe post them here as I think more people might find it useful

Here are the data files and some alternate guns for the Alt2 and Alt3 file variants. I would really like to do another pass on them because I think a number of things could be updated but they should work for now. Just a reminder to everyone you will have to make a collision LOD for use in SF2:NA by copying and renaming the main ship LOD. The names I use in the data files are Essex_1115_COL.LOD and Essex_Korea_COL.LOD. No files other than the NA data files and the additional guns are included as that would be a violation of the YAP licence.

NA Data for YAP Essex.7z

• Like 1

much appreciated KJakker :ok:

Thanks for the info about package quality Stary.

Stratos having bought from YAP Risung Sun Phase 3 two days ago I must say the carrier packs seem to be much better quality stuff than that

edit:

worth the carrier (Oriskany) the plane is as I wrote basically the freeware F9F-2 updated here and there BUT with for example wrongly set attachement points so the HolyMoses rockets float under wing pylons and the bombs snik into the wings!!!

Something that is also present in Rising Sun 3 planes and something that should have never ever happen! Quality control is non-existent, sadly. It's one of the things that is easiest to spot. Same with RS phase 3 wingtip vortice origin positions oin many a planes etc :sad:

Edited by Stary

Can be a problem of YAP being oriented to WOV? I mean there were problems moving the models to SF2, so maybe can be that... or not. Just an idea.

In fact those chopper packs look cool, but I'm not sure that will work on SF2 without flaws.

Very good information! Many thanks... :drinks:

However, about YAP the products... is it possible to have their templates with the sold packages?

Best regards,

Edited by Coupi

I honestly have no idea Pierre :dntknw:

and yeah I tested Rising Sun phase 3 with WoV (series1) and the issues are still there

I honestly have no idea Pierre :dntknw:

and yeah I tested Rising Sun phase 3 with WoV (series1) and the issues are still there

Ok Stary... :grin:  I think to begin with the Rising Sun 1 in order to test the Hawk 75N and the P-36A!

Rising Sun 1 is quite ok, and yeah I bought it for Hawk and P-36 myself lol

• Like 1

Then, is not good news. Shame as those choppers sure look cool.

I'd wouldn't buy any choppers for SF/SF2 even if these were dozen a dime -it's simply not helicopters-friendly environment in my opinion. Sure some are nice adn have quite ok FM but still it's jet-centric engine. Though these helicopters-related statements are still there, buried unused in the inis