sorry been ranting few post above...

anyway Kevin there is simple Okinawa tilest/treemod I did in 2012 or so if you need one

Stary, other damned questions, sorry, it's stronger than me  :biggrin:;  can you explain how the new cloud layer thing works (I see it's listed in the types .ini)? Can it be easily implemented in other terrains? I guess so. Moreover, does the WeatherData stuff you added working or does it nothing? IIRC it's some of the unused statements in the DLLs, right?

Edited by blaze95

the weather data doesn't work I think, at least I have noticed no difference -also shoot me if I know where to put these statements, that's why I was duplicating them here and there hoping that one ot the entries would work

the clouds don't work as supposed to as the century-old (that is, from 1990s) bug of alpha channels sorting is still there, in some say 50% of the angles is works nice, in the rest it doesn't; the cloud layer I tried to place as simple targetarea object on map, it has 3km altitude, and is as being targetarea entry allways present and not random like Lexx_Luthor's cirrus clouds mod worked, but there he used particles so I was hoping having mesh instead of particles would help with the rendering issues

Ok, thanks for the extensive explanation, no more stupid questions, I promise.  BTW if the WeatherData stuff comes from the EnvironmentSystem.DLL as you stated in the other thread, me thinks that such entries were meant to be put in the EnvironmentSystem.ini as you did with SARCASM 2 beta, with generic values, and in each terrain .ini with its own values as you did with this Korean tileset.

that was my thinking indeed, but of course I think those are incative -though this terrain begs for layered fog like in Il2 or Falcon :sad:

Version 1.1 update posted:

fixes missing textures on village type objects, please redownload, and my apologies, I allways forget to include some essential file in my mods :crazy:

the weather data doesn't work I think, at least I have noticed no difference -also shoot me if I know where to put these statements, that's why I was duplicating them here and there hoping that one ot the entries would work

the clouds don't work as supposed to as the century-old (that is, from 1990s) bug of alpha channels sorting is still there, in some say 50% of the angles is works nice, in the rest it doesn't; the cloud layer I tried to place as simple targetarea object on map, it has 3km altitude, and is as being targetarea entry allways present and not random like Lexx_Luthor's cirrus clouds mod worked, but there he used particles so I was hoping having mesh instead of particles would help with the rendering issues

Do you mean this bug? stary?

http://combatace.com/topic/29730-widesky-v10/?p=184408

It is back form SFP1 and could be solved as you explained me in this old topic.

Can?t it be solved in SFP2 in the same way?

(I am looking for reason to go back to sfp2)

no, I think not this bug, other one

I've been having issues getting any major SAM sites to show up on this terrain. I only see gun-based AAA and MANPADS, even into the 90s. Any ideas?

I take it back, I just wasn't flying somewhere with SAM sites set up ... I might have to add some in to give the commies at least some kind of fight against my A-10 haha. Thanks again Stary for your great work!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By ProblemChild
      I am new to this game but I am loving it and the dynamic campaign is amazing. my only and only problem is that planes just dissapear in the distance, literally just dissapear a short distance a way, around 200 - 500 meters away? not too sure but its very off putting and its clearly an issue for gameplay.
      I am using Patch July 2013 
      Wings over Korea mod
      I play on 3840x2160 4K resolution (I'd prefer playing on that) I have extracted the flightengine ini into SF2 Filght folder as well as to the korea folder and made some changes like turned off fade away and increased mesh values, but still to no avail? Anyway to fix this? Its literally the only thing destroying the fun I have with this game.
    • By kosmo92
      Hello 
      I have little problem in SF2 North Atlantic in single mission when I select  Korea v3 and Cuba Otc terrains I can't change mission year before 1970, is there any fix for that problem? 
    • By Lacsap
      Bonjour a tous . J'ai réalisé de nouvelles textures 1024x1024 pour le superbe terrain Korea Mig-alley de Gepard mais comment peut-on augmenter la distance d'apparition des arbres ? merci pour vos futures réponses !
      Hello everyone . I created new 1024x1024 textures for Gepard's superb Korea Mig-alley terrain, but how can we increase the distance at which the trees appear? Thanks for your future responses!    
    • By VonBeerhofen
      Regularly my terrain editor comes across this coastal situation for which the standard EAW tile set has no solution. It concerns a narrow passage between two land masses. Ofcourse you can simply widen the passage and use two corner tiles but I think this is sometimes more elegant when there's a large number of this situation, like for instance with a large number of islands close together. I think it serves a few more purposes so here's an example of the tile I use in 2 rotational states.

VonBeerhofen
    • By Eagle114th
      Hello everyone, 

I updated the thread title to SFCE.  The reason why the name is Strike Fighter Community Expansion is that this mod uses various mods made by authors from CombatAce.  This mod is not only for my Saad - Zafir project. It is also for the community to use freely too!

What you will see in SFCE: 
      However, SFCE, in another hand, does NOT add any new add-on plane to SF2.  The reason of this:  With SFCE, anyone can use it as base to add any mods to it, build their own mod pack on top of it, or import big mod packs and upgrade it to work with SFCE.

LINK to SFCE Beta 1.2a:  https://www.mediafire.com/file/8s9f09dp35iwyjb/SFCE_v1.2a.7z/file
      I am able to release the beta now, it is all thanks to CombatAce community for the supports and pictures needed for the projects,  including Ravenclaw_007, Wrench, Nightshade/PR, Menrva, Daddyplanes, and Trotski00 for helping me with advice, pictures/videos references, modding, and aircraft information and Coupi for testing and fixing the sounds problems in F-4s ini files.  I especially want to thank to all authors of mods for giving me the permissions to use various mods for this project.   If there is any names I forgot to mention here, please let me know.  I will add your names here asap.  My apologies.
      this beta version Includes changes to all A-1s, A-4s, and F-4s series.  A-6 is being worked on now.  The feedback will be always helpful to improve this mod even further.  Please let me know if you see any errors with the loadout, sounds, and other features.

BUGS / ISSUES:
      1) I am still puzzled by these bugs.  When using F-4s and turning the navigation light on, as you start rolling down the runway, the light won't cover the whole runway.  There are sections that blackout the light area.  If any of you know how to solve it, please let me know.  If any of you know or suggest additional mods I am not aware of that improves TW aircraft, please let me know too.

2) There is one issue in Egyptian Mirage 5SDE's loadout.ini.  BFT is not working in loadout.ini, BUT you still will be able to have 4 of bombs loaded instead of having total 8 bombs with BFT automatically.  At least BFT still works well and you can manually load them in loadout.  If any of you know how to fix this, please let me know and I will happily update SFCE with it

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Hello everyone,

I have to put the project on halt for now.  The life situation suddenly changed.  My wife is in hospital and I am doing everything to take care of the situation.  It is the hardest time in my life.  I need to step away from CombatAce for time being until the situation improves.  I will be back someday.

Eagle114th

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..