• Announcements

• Erik

2019 Drive   05/31/2019

Can you lend a hand?  GET STARTED TODAY

Have been tweaking the environsys and flight engine files further for a future ver. 10.0 FM update pack gents. Screenies below of some tweaks...was able to install the top/bottom cloud layer files available for SF2 over here, in FE2 too:

https://combatace.com/files/file/11836-alternative-overcast-layer-for-the-sf2-series/

In order for those cloud files to work well, download my tweaked environmental system files below, and also further improved flight engine files (only a high-alt cloud and low wind variant are included below for now, for FE2 and SF2). Cloud thicknesses, heights, and widths have been slightly modified for the SF2 variant, also slightly lowered are inclement weather clouds for both FE2 and SF2, so that they're not cut through by the bottom cloud layer in the link above. Other tweaks, in the flightengine files, include higher texture limits and better mesh/horizon distances, etc. For SF2, don't forget to enable 32-bit for the "z buffer layer" in your options.ini file (since 32 bit has also been enabled in the flightengine file for SF2 - for FE2, enabling of 32 bit offers micro stuttering on occasion but no benefits...leave at 24 bit (default) in the flightengine for FE2). Also tweaked were other numbers in the environsys files for both SF2 and FE2, so that the lighter horizon band transitions naturally into the bottom cloud layer for overcast/inclement conditions, without ugly lines or boundaries present.

Happy flying,

Von S :smile:

EDIT: The environsys files included in the link below have dx10 shader calls enabled...the particlesys and individual effect ini files currently included with the ver. 9.7 FM update pack have dx10 shader calls, but the environsys files that control the weather/clouds are only for dx9, for now (you can of course add the relevant shader calls by comparing with the environsys files included in this post...although I will eventually include newer dx10 enabled environsys files based on the tweaks in this post, for a ver. 10.0 update pack). The bottom cloud layer, by the way, with dx10 enabled, is about 5 to 10% darker than in dx9 mode. Will test further to see how the effects look with dx9 only.

img00005.JPG

img00010.JPG

img00007.JPG

img00008.JPG

EnvironmentalTweaks_VonS.zip

Edited by VonS
Latest version of environmental tweaks uploaded Feb. 21, 2019.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Latest version of the environmental tweaks uploaded today, to the post at the top of this page. Have tinkered some more with top/bottom cloud layer numbers to get the layers looking as seamless as possible...there should be hardly any "stitching" visible anymore, hopefully. Also included now is a dx10 enabled low-cloud variant environsys file for FE2, as well as some further rain tweaks for the Effects folder for SF2, using some more of Stary's files...with intermittent water droplets...looks good in SF2 but probably not realistic for FE2...although it should work in both sims. Will roll this eventually into a ver. 10.0 of the FM update pack. (For other files necessary for the rain effects, see the ver. 9.7 FM update pack folders, and then update with the files posted at the top of this page.)

Von S :flyer:

Edited by VonS
Added info.

Alternate data ini posted below gents' for the Morane-Saulnier type N (80hp). This one disables control surfaces beyond excessive speeds, control is regained once speed drops to normal levels...the wing warping is the first to be affected, then rudder and elevator last. Avoid exceeding dive speeds much beyond 200 kph if using this alternate data ini. :biggrin: Will test this further and any feedback may be posted here...if this hardcore realism becomes popular, I will think about implementing such "disabling" speeds across more types for a ver. 10.0 of the FM update pack.

Happy flying,

Von S :buba:

img00003.JPG

MoraneTypeNalternateDataIni.zip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for your continued game improvements. However, if this continues, my pilot survival-span, already brief, will reduce to that of an amoeba.😂

• Like 2

Latest Spad XII data ini tweaks included below, also a nice ambient sound for aerodromes...uses the "TruckLoop" entry (simply drop the sound into your Sounds folder). Further reduced rolling coefficients for the Spad XII landing gear and improved elevator down movement slightly, for more realism during take-off...it still requires some dancing on the rudder but it should be slightly more manageable to bring the tail up now once you pass about 60-70 kph. The Spad XII was probably the most difficult of the Spad single-seaters to take off and land...only given to the best pilots. (Will roll all of this eventually into a ver. 10.0 of the FM update packs; included data ini has service dates for the eastern front...copy and paste over service dates for the western front from my relevant theater folders in the ver. 9.7 FM pack if you like - the eastern front used Spad XII types in small numbers, but no Spad XIII types were there, as far as I know - Crawford may pitch in with more details if necessary.)

Happy flying,

Von S :smile:

img00005.thumb.JPG.9ce5e6fbcb6ec10645425f42a1ff4558.JPG

VonS_Spad12fmTweaksNdromeAmbientSound.zip

Edited by VonS
Added info.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 24.05.2019 at 2:21 AM, VonS said:

the eastern front used Spad XII types in small numbers, but no Spad XIII types were there, as far as I know - Crawford may pitch in with more details if necessary.)

Um ...:blush: The fact is that on the eastern front even the SPAD-VII airplanes was only in single copies, while the SPAD-XII or -XIII was not at all. In the Russian Empire, the SPADs were of two types: 43 Blériot-built aircraft were delivered from February 1917 (however several aircraft were produced by SPAD). In August 1917 - February 1918 the Dux plant in Moscow under license produced another 63 SPAD-VII airplanes. But until the end of hostilities in the East, only a few French-built SPAD-VIIs were sent to combat units. For example, in the well-known 19th KAO, there were only three such aircraft, in the 1st, 2nd and 4th KAOs - one each. It is known that the airplanes built by Blériot, which arrived in Russia, had serial numbers from S14XX to S15XX, however at least one is known with a different number - S338 (it was made by SPAD, not Blériot). The Dux-built airplanes had numbers mainly S15XX.

Копия 5657856353-1.jpg

133166_original.jpg

Edited by Crawford
  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By VonS

View File SF2 Cold War Prop and Flogger FM Tweaks
      Hello SF2 Flyers,
      For the post-WW2 prop. high-performance aircraft, several tweaks have been applied to the data inis, ranging from lift values for wings and wing tips to the engine section, prop. rpms, flight control section, gears section, flaps, also empty weight, inertia values, ceilings, engine sounds, rudder reversal effect fix, aileron/elevator/rudder sensitivity and movement, etc., depending on the type tweaked. Tweaks are not as extensive as for my FE2 work - but I've tried to get them into the "90% realistic enough" category for SF2 since these high-performance types are difficult to precision peg to within a km or two of historical stats., in contrast to the slower-moving FE2 types. Also included with this package are my minor data ini tweaks for several Flogger types, such as the MiG-23 S, early M, ML, P, MLA, late variant "98," and export variants MF and MS.
      Many thanks to the original FM modders for the late prop. types, including Baffmeister, Wrench, Cocas, MontyCZ, Charles of A-Team, Coupi, Paolopanz, and others I may not have mentioned here. The data inis are for SF2 installs only, tested at hard FM settings (no guarantees that the AI can land them nicely, although they fly them just fine). The Me109 G5 and H0 are variants on the stock G10 package provided on CombatAce (to install simply copy the relevant aircraft folders, rename as per my included folders, and drop in the relevant files). P-47 Sprint upgrades are variants on the ETO P-47D Bubbletop model and PTO P-47D Razorback model. Also included with this package are three sounds for a Pratt-Whitney, Centaurus, and Me109 either Benz or Hisso powered (sound works good for both). Links to the relevant aircraft that correspond with these data ini tweaks are located in the included "Read Me" file with the package. Please go through the Read Me for more thorough info. regarding these FM tweaks.
      Version 1.1 of this package addresses minor errors with prop efficiency data for the prop aircraft that are included.
      Happy flying,
      Von S

DISCLAIMER: All Von S mods, for FE2, SF2, also WOFFue, are subject to the CombatAce "freeware" terms of agreement. Mods may be shared with others, included on other media devices, also modded further, providing that original documentation and/or credit is included, and providing that the mods remain free to use. Von S mods shall not be sold, resold, etc., and Von S takes no responsibility for injuries or fixations that may result from flying heavily tweaked FMs or from attempts to enjoy real flying without aid or instruction from a qualified flight instructor. 
      Submitter VonS Submitted 04/15/2019 Category ini File Edits  
    • By VonS
      Hello SF2 Flyers,
      For the post-WW2 prop. high-performance aircraft, several tweaks have been applied to the data inis, ranging from lift values for wings and wing tips to the engine section, prop. rpms, flight control section, gears section, flaps, also empty weight, inertia values, ceilings, engine sounds, rudder reversal effect fix, aileron/elevator/rudder sensitivity and movement, etc., depending on the type tweaked. Tweaks are not as extensive as for my FE2 work - but I've tried to get them into the "90% realistic enough" category for SF2 since these high-performance types are difficult to precision peg to within a km or two of historical stats., in contrast to the slower-moving FE2 types. Also included with this package are my minor data ini tweaks for several Flogger types, such as the MiG-23 S, early M, ML, P, MLA, late variant "98," and export variants MF and MS.
      Many thanks to the original FM modders for the late prop. types, including Baffmeister, Wrench, Cocas, MontyCZ, Charles of A-Team, Coupi, Paolopanz, and others I may not have mentioned here. The data inis are for SF2 installs only, tested at hard FM settings (no guarantees that the AI can land them nicely, although they fly them just fine). The Me109 G5 and H0 are variants on the stock G10 package provided on CombatAce (to install simply copy the relevant aircraft folders, rename as per my included folders, and drop in the relevant files). P-47 Sprint upgrades are variants on the ETO P-47D Bubbletop model and PTO P-47D Razorback model. Also included with this package are three sounds for a Pratt-Whitney, Centaurus, and Me109 either Benz or Hisso powered (sound works good for both). Links to the relevant aircraft that correspond with these data ini tweaks are located in the included "Read Me" file with the package. Please go through the Read Me for more thorough info. regarding these FM tweaks.
      Version 1.1 of this package addresses minor errors with prop efficiency data for the prop aircraft that are included.
      Happy flying,
      Von S

DISCLAIMER: All Von S mods, for FE2, SF2, also WOFFue, are subject to the CombatAce "freeware" terms of agreement. Mods may be shared with others, included on other media devices, also modded further, providing that original documentation and/or credit is included, and providing that the mods remain free to use. Von S mods shall not be sold, resold, etc., and Von S takes no responsibility for injuries or fixations that may result from flying heavily tweaked FMs or from attempts to enjoy real flying without aid or instruction from a qualified flight instructor. 
    • By VonS

View File SF2 (1937 - 1941) Prop FM Tweaks
      Hello SF2 flyers,
      For several late 1930s and early WW2 prop aircraft, tweaks have been applied to the data inis, ranging from lift values for wings and wing tips to the engine section, prop rpms, flight control section, gears section, flaps, also empty weight, inertia values, ceilings, engine sounds, rudder reversal effect fix, aileron/elevator/rudder sensitivity and movement, etc., depending on the type tweaked. Tweaks are not as extensive as for my FE2 work - but I've tried to get them into the "90% realistic enough" category for SF2 since these higher performing types are difficult to precision peg to within a km or two of historical stats., in contrast to the slower-moving FE2 types.
      Many thanks to the original FM modders for these prop types, including Baffmeister, Wrench, Cocas, MontyCZ, Charles of A-Team, Coupi, Paulopanz, and others I may not have mentioned here. The data inis are for SF2 installs only, tested at hard FM settings (no guarantees that the AI can land them nicely, although they fly them just fine). Please read the included "Read Me" file for more thorough information and also to access the links to the aircraft that have been tweaked.
      Happy flying,
      Von S 

Submitter VonS Submitted 06/06/2019 Category ini File Edits  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..