Fubar512

Prepare to pucker up your ummm, you'll find out

This was posted for the benefit of Wrench, and all others out there who are scared of heights (myself included)

• Like 2

How the hell did anything short of a An-225 manage to lift off with the mass of this guys balls?

Craig

I'd say so.  Terminal velocity in a belly down, arm extended configuration is agreed by most to be 122 MPH.  In a head or feet first free fall from 10,000 feet, "speed divers" have achieved velocities as high as 336 mph.

I can't believe this.  The technology these guys are talking about is hokus pokus.  Yeah the magnet in my belt buckle is going to interact with the gravity of the earth to course correct my non-constant body resistance through a 15 square foot hole.  Okay Batman, if you say so.  Also if you look at his recoil from the tramp it's not proportional especially for his mass in free fall. These guys took every law of physics and threw it out the window.  I'm calling BS.  I won't believe it unless I see this with my own eyes.

Funny video tho.

:poopy:  :poopy:  :poopy:  :poopy:  :poopy:  :poopy:  :poopy:  :poopy:  :poopy:  :poopy:  :poopy:  :poopy:  :imo:

• Like 3

I can't believe this.  The technology these guys are talking about is hokus pokus.  Yeah the magnet in my belt buckle is going to interact with the gravity of the earth to course correct my non-constant body resistance through a 15 square foot hole.  Okay Batman, if you say so.  Also if you look at his recoil from the tramp it's not proportional especially for his mass in free fall. These guys took every law of physics and threw it out the window.  I'm calling BS.  I won't believe it unless I see this with my own eyes.

Funny video tho.

That may very well be the case, but you must agree that it's an amazingly well-made video.  The rush of air heard during the free fall was correct.  The view when he climbed onto the step and held onto the wing strut was eerily familiar to me, as I've gone skydiving before (just once!).  Your first jump in those days (1886), was a static line pull from 5K feet. Back then, the parachutes were mostly still full canopies (as opposed to airfoils), and of course tandem skydiving was unheard of and would have been considered quite wimpy,  The PLFs that they made you practice before your first drop were quite fun, too. :biggrin:

the thing that makes me doubt that this is real was the kids all sitting around. I doubt that something this dangerous would be done with kids sitting there ready to watch someone splat all over the ground.

I have 26 military jumps only, and a few dozen with airfoil... but the jump was authentic for me...  We were instructed that the stable falling position (due to body- drag) is maximized at 55m/s that's correct.

Personally, being rookie, I was never able to control my fall (with my right foot band injured it always sticks out and gives me a slight asymmetric spin I could not learn to correct...) - our instructors were pro in falling but this is still weird for me. the accuracy is still way too sharp.

In 2004 we had an accident on the airfield during an target-jump championship (1000m). The guy failed to open his reserve chute and got killed in the impact in less then 4 seconds. We had a photo from a camera showing him in stable position, with closed backpack at an altitude of 15m above the grass... He did not even have time to realize what was the problem.

Edited by Snailman

this is still weird for me. the accuracy is still way too sharp.

I agree, if he was steering with a parachute I could have believed it, but being that precise in free-fall seems a little too much for me.

Very funny video!

Very well made, a true action movie.

I don't believe it a second, the guy would have been killed by the impact anyway.

What kind of trampoline could receive such energy without killing the diver [or/and] giving it back through the roof the other way?

• Like 1