I'm thinking offering to pay TK for an exporter is best. If Gmax is the best choice let's do that. I'll toss in $150.00 for the community to get an exporter. Anyone else?

1st we should ask TK if he would update the exporter and if, how much he would like to have therefor.

And then we can collect money from the community. ;-)

I would be in with 50$

1st we should ask TK if he would update the exporter and if, how much he would like to have therefor.

And then we can collect money from the community. ;-)

I would be in with 50$

not with 50 100 1000.............. he don't even have the decency to answer when you ask something on their site...anything do with modding he ignores

not with 50 100 1000.............. he don't even have the decency to answer when you ask something on their site...anything do with modding he ignores

Well then someone from our US guys should give him a call i guess

I don't believe in an official exporter update by TK for any price at all, judging from his treatment of the modding community in the past years.

But who knows, maybe someone with a good connection to him would be able to get at least a number from him....not sure who that person could be though.

I'd throw in 100 or 150 for sure if that possibly helped opening the LOD creation to vast modelers outside of 3ds max crowd. Gmax would be the perfect way to go, heck even some Microsoft games used to be shipped with it back in the heyday

• Like 1

TBH if we took the code apart and didnt make money from it...I think TK would care less...If we had someone make exporters....I would bet cash he could care less also....

• Like 4

If TK ever would awnser to the questions we asked him....

Stop dreaming people . It ain't going to happen

• Like 1

Stop dreaming people . It ain't going to happen

yet he spend his time to develop First Eagles WW1 FMs and assets for someone who paid.

I am pretty sure TK is wise enough to understand that making the converter for other programs (freeware ones) would only increase interest in his series. Or, very possible is that is a think he tries desperately to avoid which then all I can say is good luck with such business model

• Like 3

I wonder if mue can repack lods into the locked cat?......im sure he has opened the locked cat....mue if u read this.....I ask this as ive got the mig21 mf out of the game,and rebuilding it to add bump map etc...are you able to do that?

I might add.....its for own use atm...unless we get TK to openly say we can do what we want...so ong as its not for any monetary gain..

I would vote for a Blender exporter tool... :blush:

I'd throw in 100 or 150 for sure if that possibly helped opening the LOD creation to vast modelers outside of 3ds max crowd. Gmax would be the perfect way to go, heck even some Microsoft games used to be shipped with it back in the heyday

I agree with Stary here. If Yall' want more development in this Area, Gmax is the way to go........................     This should have been done Years ago. A Exporter for Gmax would be Killer......

331KillerBee

• Like 1

I'd say let the exporter-developer decide which program to use...the easiest to create exporter (if one can say this) it will be. The only prerequisite would be, that the program has to be free.

Otherwise I'd vote for Blender, but can live with any decision.

Edited by Nyghtfall

seems both Gmax and Blender are used by modelers in other flight sims of notice