Stratos

Need a couple of simple tree 3d models.

Wondering IF someone can build this two model of trees as 3d models, they can be flat If needed, not need to get a full 3d model, what I mean is that I need them as objects with lo and skin so I can place them on my maps. If possible make a small line of them with 5 or 6 placed as a cluster so I can build lines of those trees easier.

YellowPoplarOldTreeSummer3dmodel01.jpgc9

palm-fruited_zpsgtar1ri5.jpg

Thanks a lot!

If I am not mistaken, the game engine limits us to a total of 255 "models" being visible at any one time.  And that number would include any combination of aircraft, ground objects, and now trees, combined.  Not a smart plan.

Excuse my english, maybe I not expressed myself correctly. What I want is something similar to this, the palm trees form a "X" with two flat faces, when seen in game so you have the impression is a real 3d palm tree when is not. I need the same but for the two trees on the opening post in small clusters like in the pic, so I can add eye candy to my airbases. Thanks a lot.

img00030_zpsntkeubqo.jpg

Edited by Stratos

Performance hog...watch your FPS crap out using this approach.

Can be.

Yakarov can those trees be less spaced and a bit more greenish?

The best thing you can do is add them as .tod trees.

Totally Agree...   :clapping:

Can be.

Yakarov can those trees be less spaced and a bit more greenish?

Yes can be.

But as others says. It will be fps unfriendly. One object should be ok, but few more...

.tod trees is the option.

Let me try it please. I know nothing about TOD placement.

Here are a few from the various terrain mods out there. I don't take credit for making them, but thanks to those that did.

Trees.zip

• Like 1

Excellent!!

Wondering If someone can double the size and height of the tree in the attached rar please??

And the palm tree at least 3 or 4 times higher.

Trees.rar

Palm_Tree_Small.rar

Excellent!!

Wondering If someone can double the size and height of the tree in the attached rar please??

And the palm tree at least 3 or 4 times higher.

It is impossible without the 3dsmax source file.

Edited by FRPignon

It is impossible without the 3dsmax source file.

Then can someone please create this two trees for me?

I insist , the best way is to add them as .tod trees. You can make trees 1 km tall and  2 km wide with TK's terrain editor.

I'm getting nice results with my methos, is only some trees in 5 or 6 airbases, not affecting the FPS at the moment, simply will love to have the trees I posted but bigger.

I'm getting nice results with my methos, is only some trees in 5 or 6 airbases, not affecting the FPS at the moment, simply will love to have the trees I posted but bigger.

It obviously depends on the number of trees you are placing. 

don't know if any of you know this, but on the IcelandNA terrain, TK has actually USED seperate tree lods, that are listed in the _types in and placed on the terrain via the targets ini.

of course, we can't access them to see them.....

• Like 2

good find wrench! i think stratos has all the trees needed from IcelandNA!

th_Capture_441_zps8zqrqbmu.jpg

yes, but without the lods.....

and if he's working anywhere further south (or north in southern hemisphere) of the 60th parallel, they're of little value

yes, but without the lods.....

and if he's working anywhere further south (or north in southern hemisphere) of the 60th parallel, they're of little value

can't they have a new coat of paint or something? like for different more tropical trees?

you can see their texture names in lodviewer, seems crown of the tree are just rectangle simple texmap... it could be enough to work with.

Anyway, just making some ideas!

edit: oh in case... how to see non-aircraft LODs in lodviewer is simple: change say F-4B001.LOD to say Tree003.LOD in F-4B.ini. Open F-4B.ini with lodviewer and voila u see a tree:D

same way to view stock 3w cockpit LODs and stuff...

edittttt: tried it. worked. it doesn't look very goodsweat.gif think i still like 'em tod trees... and framerates...

th_StrikeFighters2%20Korea%202016-04-27%

th_StrikeFighters2%20Korea%202016-04-27%

Edited by Do335

Yakarov helped me and I'm already planting the trees on my terrain. Thanks everyone!