Anyone tried the new package? Any feedback on the new release?  

Edited by viper63a

Uploaded

• Version 1.08 - 2016\09\02
  • 1) Tweaked emitters.
  • 2) Tweaked IDF Decals.
  • 3) Fixed 1st Wing 71st TFS\FS Designation
  • Like 2

Can super packs like this one and the Tomcat SP be integrated with user-made expansions like NATO Fighters and Red Storm Rising or does it break those?

Yes, but you have to be careful. I install some of the super pack planes for my install of ODS, NATO, SF2NA Exp and Some F-111A for Vietnam Exp...But you can't just install and overwrite. First, I installed all the parts except the Aircrafts and Decals. Then surgically replaced the planes and the corresponding decals (or pieces there of) of the planes that were already in the pack.  

Edited by viper63a

The F-15A is fantastic. Beautiful flight model, beautiful cockpit, a pleasure to fly. Unfortunately something has gone wrong with your Avionics file.

The HUD graphics have incorrect path instructions, presumably because they were written before the HUD graphics were bundled up in their own folder.

So you currently have: ScaleImageFilename=cockpit\whatever.tga

But you should have ScaleImageFilename=cockpit\HUD\whatever.tga

Same with radar. All graphic files are actually in: cockpit\RADAR\whatever.tga, not cockpit\whatever.tga

Some of the individual files have incorrect nomenclature too since there is a mixture of prefixes: F-15_whatever.tga, F15_whatever.tga, HUD_whatever.tga.

Anyway, it actually was fun sorting it out because I love tinkering with avionics files. Sort of an added feature for crossword puzzle addicts.

But I thought I should mention it. I have this lonely feeling that I'm the only F-15A pilot here.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By JamesWilson
      Hi,
      after seeing the TMF F-14 has wrong and inaccurate speed and fuel indicators, i found out the default Third Wire F-14 has working and accurate ones, but i dont wanna use it cause the TMF Tomcat is better and the cockpit too more realistic too, so can you switch the speed and fuel indicators on the TMF F-14 with the default Third Wire F-14? And for fuel too? Do you need to 3D model and/or do something else other than edit some text files?
       And is it or it's not possible to do?
      Down here are 2 pictures from the correct cockpit in the default Third Wire F-14:

And 2 from the TMF F-14 (the inaccurate one):

Thanks for helping.
    • By Spinners

View File [Fictional] McDonnell Douglas F-15A 'Italiano'
      McDonnell Douglas F-15A_AMI for STRIKE FIGHTERS 2 
      This is a simple mod of the stock F-15A to give a fictional F-15A  in service with the Aeronautica Militare Italiano during the 1980 - 2010 timeline and includes markings for 18° Gruppo, 37° Stormo.
      You'll need to have SF2E for the F-15A LOD's (not included) but SF2I owners will have the option of using the F-15A_Baz with minor editing.

INSTRUCTIONS
      1. From the AIRCRAFT folder drag and drop the F-15A_AMI folder into your Aircraft folder.
      2. From the DECALS folder drag and drop the F-15A_AMI folder into your Decals folder.
      That's it!

CREDITS
      As always, thanks to Third Wire for a great little game/sim.
      And, finally, thanks to everyone in the wider Third Wire community.
      Regards 
      Spinners
      Version 2 - February 8th, 2024.
      Submitter Spinners Submitted 03/28/2010 Category What If Hangar  
    • By Spinners
      McDonnell Douglas F-15A_AMI for STRIKE FIGHTERS 2 
      This is a simple mod of the stock F-15A to give a fictional F-15A  in service with the Aeronautica Militare Italiano during the 1980 - 2010 timeline and includes markings for 18° Gruppo, 37° Stormo.
      You'll need to have SF2E for the F-15A LOD's (not included) but SF2I owners will have the option of using the F-15A_Baz with minor editing.

INSTRUCTIONS
      1. From the AIRCRAFT folder drag and drop the F-15A_AMI folder into your Aircraft folder.
      2. From the DECALS folder drag and drop the F-15A_AMI folder into your Decals folder.
      That's it!

CREDITS
      As always, thanks to Third Wire for a great little game/sim.
      And, finally, thanks to everyone in the wider Third Wire community.
      Regards 
      Spinners
      Version 2 - February 8th, 2024.
    • By JamesWilson
      Hi everyone,
      I was wondering how to customize the numbers after your callsigns, since it always gives me the same ones.
      I think i managed somehow once, a bit of time ago, but now i forgot and have no idea how to.
      I'm not talking about how to customize the callsign name, but the unit number after it.
      As you can see in the Roster and in the picture under, i get "Fast Eagle 1-1" and "Fast Eagle 1-2"
      Here are some examples:

The numbers on the tail, wing and nose numbers are customized, cause i managed how to change them, choosing them individually for each unit in the mission file by changing "AircraftNumber=" and typing the number, like "2" (as for 202). It doesn't change by typing the whole number tho, like 202 by typing 202, but it goes by typing the number that corresponds to the list of numbers you have. For example, In a list that goes from 200 to 400, you will have to type 10 to get 300. Here i just typed "2" and "7" since the list starts from 200

IIRC, in the past i just used to type the Aircaft number just like that, and in-game i had the proper number after the callsign, like "Fast Eagle 102", not just the number displayed on the plane livery.
      How do i do? I'm pretty sure that it's possible to have "Fast Eagle 102" on my screen HUD and in the Roster
      Thanks in advance for helping me.

• By daddyairplanes

View File Liberty Wing '95: The 48th Fighter Wing in the Eagle Era
                                                                                                                      Liberty Wing '95: The 48th Fighter Wing in the Eagle Era
      This mod is an all up unit mod featuring the 48th Fighter Wing and its three squadrons, the 492nd FS "Bolars", 493rd FS "Grim Reapers", and 494th FS "Panthers". The wing participated in some fashion in practically every military action of the 1990s: Northern Watch, Deny Flight, Deliberate Force, and Allied Force in 1999. These skins are accurate from 1994 until the end of 1996, and the serials accurate until the end of 1998. The Mod includes everything to have the Liberty Wing ready to go from install.
                  Included
      F-15C_91 with 493rd FS skin and ini updates
      F-15D_91 with 493rd FS skin and ini updates
      F-15E_92 with 492nd and 494th FS skins, "new" aircraft based on old F-15E
      various weapons as would be used by these aircraft in the mid 1990s
      sounds, effects, floght and other objects needed to make it all work

Installation
      unzip. place contents of "to mods" folder into your chosen mod folder. allow overwrites

Credits
      ************************ Original F-15C/D/E **********************************
      AleDucat     - For the nice ACES II ejection seat models.
      Deuces         - For the F-15 Afterburner and weapon effects.
      Diego         - For the Modern USAF Pilot skins.
      Fubar512     - For the FM work.
      JimmyBib     - For the F-15C cockpit flight control textures.
      MoonJumper     - Avionics work.
      Wpnssgt     - Models
      Kesselburt     - Original F-15C cockpit.
      Brain32     - Improved/new textures for F-15C cockpit.
      Mago         - F-15E Cockpit.
      331KillerBee     - SF2 Weapons Pack (basis for some of the weapons included).
      JAT81500     - F-15E Cockpit avionics and HUD work.

************************ Mud Hen Maintenance Team **************************
      Viper63a     - Upgraded Skins, Decals, Cockpit and Menu Screens.
      Spudknocker     - Upgraded Flight Model and Weapons Loadout.
      Fanatic Modder     - Upgraded Flight Model and Engine Emitters.
      RavenClaw_007     - Freaking insane Weapons and Ejection Seats!
      JAT81500     - For the excellent Florian Pilot upgrades!
      Hi Ho Silvers     - AfterBurner Mod.

************************ this mod         ***************************
      Viper63        - skin templates
      ravenclaw    - weapons not in Gunny's pack such as the B61 special weapon and AGM-130 missiles
      daddyairplanes    - research, new skins, tga work, various ini edits on aircraft and on stock weapons like Mk82; new hangar and loading screens, "new" F-15E (92) with different weapons groupings and more accurate to use the -229 engines

************************ overall         ***************************   
      TK - For the ThirdWire series of sims.

Thank you for downloading this mod, i hope you enjoy flying it it as much as I enjoyed working on it.
      Kevin Unruh
      aka daddyairplanes
      26 Dec 2023

This is freeware; it CANNOT be distributed unless permissions are granted by myself.
      The original readmes, if any, and all other pieces of the package MUST remain intact.
      The names of all contributors, modders, suppliers, etc =MUST= be listed in any new readmes.
      This package and any part of it may NOT in any way, shape, or form be used in any payware additions.
      See the original readme documentation, if any, for further allowances and restrictions
      Any persons wishing to make further modifications, contact me first.
      Any persons wishing to make further modifications MUST remember to put everyone's name in it.
      THIS AIRCRAFT MOD OR ANY PART OF IT MUST NOT BE HOSTED OR
      POSTED FOR DOWNLOAD ON ANY OTHER WEBSITE WITHOUT MY EXPRESS
      PERMISSION, OR USED FOR ANY OTHER PURPOSE THAN THIRDWIRE FLIGHT
      SIMULATORS, AND MUST NOT BE SOLD OR OFFERED FOR SALE BY ITSELF
      OR WITH ANY OTHER FILES OR MODS.
      Submitter daddyairplanes Submitted 12/26/2023 Category F-15  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..