Spudknocker

Angola/South West Afrika Full terrain With REDONE Campaigns

The unified effects package and any effects package will work in covering any missing effects... As to the trees thing i havent noticed that myself but I will look into it, in the mean time I would try replacing it with a tree tga file from a desert map

Ah, I forgot to mention that I only have SF2, none of the other games. :doh:  As of yet anyway!

I had a rake through the site and I found something I could use. I renamed the Jungle.tga from Stary's Green Hell 2 to City_trees1.tga and that fixed the square trees issue as it seems the mapping of the 3d file for the trees in the city tods matches that particular texture rather than the stock one.

So, all good now! :cool:

Does anyone know if the Ratel and Buffel are available as ground objects?

Mike. :smile:

Does anyone know if the Ratel and Buffel are available as ground objects?

Mike. :smile:

Duh! :fool:

There's a Ratel in the SFP1 Groundobjects section!

Mike. :doh:

The Campaigns have been totally redone for the Angola/SouthWest Afrika terrain!  Just waiting on approval from the admins... I wasnt so skilled at creating campagins on the first go around so hopefully this one fixes any issues you have have had!  Thanks for the support and answering all my dumb questions! haha 

• Like 3

My main issues were : Angolan Migs bare-skined and missing vehicles. Very eager to test the new one. :)

Actually, I am confused : is only the redux file necessary or have the other files been updated?

Edited by Emp_Palpatine

Then my issues are still there:

- some helicopters lacking sounds;

- no sounds for Canberra;

- Migs skins;

- Some ground units having "unknown" as equipment and therefore non-existing really on map.

I'm currently working on a full pack for this terrain which will include everything and thus there will be no need to download other stuff. 

• Like 4

Does anyone have the same issues I have? And so, does anyone have a fix. Nothing is a game killer actually, except perhaps the ground unit thing.
I can live with bare-metal angolan MiGs but the lack of sounds for some helos and planes are more disturbing.

Found a new bug : mobile comm station doesn't appears. So, attack mission targeting this one can't be completed.

Same issue here. I can see vehicles at tents at this location, but after bombing the colours of the rainbow out of it, I still can't achieve mission success. Also, one of the Matra Type 155 loadouts are a dud. The campaign loaded one by default and they did not work. Tried it manually in created mission, and found one that works. There are at least 4 different Matra Type 155 rocket pods in there; I just need to determine which one it was that did not work again.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By HomeFries

View File M-2000C: US Marine Corps Adversary Squadron VMFT-401 "Snipers"
      M-2000C: US Marine Corps Adversary Squadron VMFT-401 "Snipers"
      for DCS World 1.5.6 and later

VMFT-401 was commissioned in 1986 and in 1987 received the IAI Kfir (designated F-21A) under lease from the Israeli government. The "Snipers" flew the Kfir until 1989, when it transitioned to the F-5E Tiger II. This skin is inspired by the 1987-89 timeframe in which USN and USMC flew the Kfir, a delta-wing aircraft of French origin.

The Kfir was built by IAI based on the Mirage V airframe. The closest flyable substitute to the Kfir in DCS is the M-200C, so this is a fictional skin that paints the M-2000C as a USMC adversary. This skins uses the traditional Israeli Air Force desert pattern that was used on some of the VMFT-401 adversary aircraft. Since the original aircraft were leased and kept much of their original markings, so is the case with the M-2000C skins. No original markings (e.g. rescue arrows and safety markings) were subdued to match US paint schemes. However, minor liberties were taken with the pilot skins in order to make the pilots look more American.

For Compact Installations - A Note About Autoexec.cfg:
      Rather than copying texture files to their respective livery folders, I prefer to use a series of common texture folders along with unique filenames. This allows a single instance of many of my common textures, and keeps the hard drive footprint to a minimum (especially nice if you run a SSD for your system drive).

The installer will add a series of folders to the DCS Texture path; if you do not have these folders created, then it is no problem. The autoexec.cfg included will automatically point to the Texture folder in your Saved Games\DCS folder, and regardless of whether you run the Open Alpha, Open Beta, or Release version of DCS, the path will always point to your Saved Games\DCS\Texture folder. Again, this saves space on your hard drive.

If you use your own Autoexec.cfg, then when prompted to overwrite you can click "no". This will create a file called autoexec.new, and you can manually make the updates as you like. Just don't modify the top line with the file date; this is used by the installer for version control. However, feel free to include it in your existing autoexec.cfg, so you don't get prompted to overwrite until there's another update to the autoexec.cfg.

If you inadvertently overwrite your autoexec.cfg, it is actually backed up as autoexec.old. Just open it and copy the appropriate information to the new file.

For Traditional Installations or JSGME Compatible Extractions:
      If you don't wish to use the shared texture folder and custom autoexec.cfg, you have a couple of other options available. Selecting the Traditional Install copies all textures to each livery folder, then copies each livery to each version of DCS detected (up to three versions, including release, open alpha and open beta). As a result, the listed hard disk space requirement assumes all three DCS versions are installled. Each skin is independent and portable.

If you wish to install to a location other than your Saved Games folder, you must select the Single JSGME Extraction, or else the installation will fail for not detecting existing Saved Games\DCS folders. Selecting this option will create a JSGME compatible install that can be dropped directly into your JSGME _MODS folder for installation. Each skin is independent and portable.

For either of these installation options, if there is an issue with textures not displaying, then it is likely a problem with the installer. Please let me know what textures are missing so that I can troubleshoot the issue.

If you have any squadron requests, please PM me. If possible, provide top and profile views of the aircraft, preferably line art (much easier to extract color), and for CAG/CO birds, a close up of the tail fin is greatly appreciated.
      You are free to use any of these skins in other projects as long as proper credit is provided in the readme file.
      Fly Navy!
      -Home Fries
      Submitter HomeFries Submitted 03/08/2017 Category Misc/AI Aircraft Skins  
    • By ludo.m54

View File Mirage F-1CT
      Mirage F-1CT.
      This mod is dedicated to BPAO, nothing would have been possible without him.
      The Mirage F1CT is a ground attack version of the Mirage F1C-200. Following their replacement in the air defence role by the Mirage 2000, the French Air Force had a number of surplus Mirage F1C-200s, and in 1988 it launched a conversion programme to turn these aircraft into interim ground attack aircraft to replace elderly Mirage IIIEs and Mirage Vs. The Mirage F1CT program brought the avionics of the F1C up to the standard of the F1CR, with the radar upgraded with the additional air-to-ground modes of the Cyrano IVM-R, an improved navigation/attack system fitted, with a laser rangefinder fitted under the nose. It was fitted with new Mk 10 ejection seats, while improved radar detection and warning devices, chaff/flare dispensers, and secure radios were also added. It gained the ability to carry a variety of air-to-ground weapons, including rockets, cluster bombs and laser-guided bombs, while retaining the F1Cs air-to-air armament (Wikipedia).
      Covered units :
      Escadre de Chasse 01/030 Alsace.
      Escadre de Chasse 02/030 Normandie-Niemen.
      Escadre de Chasse 01/013 Artois.
      Escadre de Chasse 03/013 Auvergne.
      Escadre de Chasse 03/033 Lorraine OCU.
      Escadre de Reconnaissance 02/033 Savoie.
      Installation :
      - Copy and paste the Objects folder in your mod folder.

Crédits :
      - Aircraft : BPAO, Flying Toaster and Centurion-1.
      - Additional 3D parts : Logan, Denissoliveira and JAT81500.
      - Cockpit : Brain32 and Centurion-1.
      - Skins and decals : Ludo.m54.
      - Templates : Brain32, ACE888 and Ludo.m54.
      - Avionics and data tweaks : Crusader.
      - Loadout image : Crusader.
      - FM : Baffmeister.
      - Weapons : Ravenclaw_007.
      - Hangars et loading screens : Ludo.m54
      A big thank to all on Combatace and C6 forums that helped us solving issues we encountered.
      Any omission in credits is totally unwanted, if I forgot somebody, let me know, I will correct this.
      This addon is and will in all cases remain freeware.
      Released under CombatAce Fair-Use terms.
      Enjoy
      The Mirage F-1 Team
      Submitter ludo.m54 Submitted 04/11/2018 Category Mirage F1  
    • By ludo.m54
      Mirage F-1CT.
      This mod is dedicated to BPAO, nothing would have been possible without him.
      The Mirage F1CT is a ground attack version of the Mirage F1C-200. Following their replacement in the air defence role by the Mirage 2000, the French Air Force had a number of surplus Mirage F1C-200s, and in 1988 it launched a conversion programme to turn these aircraft into interim ground attack aircraft to replace elderly Mirage IIIEs and Mirage Vs. The Mirage F1CT program brought the avionics of the F1C up to the standard of the F1CR, with the radar upgraded with the additional air-to-ground modes of the Cyrano IVM-R, an improved navigation/attack system fitted, with a laser rangefinder fitted under the nose. It was fitted with new Mk 10 ejection seats, while improved radar detection and warning devices, chaff/flare dispensers, and secure radios were also added. It gained the ability to carry a variety of air-to-ground weapons, including rockets, cluster bombs and laser-guided bombs, while retaining the F1Cs air-to-air armament (Wikipedia).
      Covered units :
      Escadre de Chasse 01/030 Alsace.
      Escadre de Chasse 02/030 Normandie-Niemen.
      Escadre de Chasse 01/013 Artois.
      Escadre de Chasse 03/013 Auvergne.
      Escadre de Chasse 03/033 Lorraine OCU.
      Escadre de Reconnaissance 02/033 Savoie.
      Installation :
      - Copy and paste the Objects folder in your mod folder.

Crédits :
      - Aircraft : BPAO, Flying Toaster and Centurion-1.
      - Additional 3D parts : Denissoliveira and JAT81500.
      - Cockpit : Brain32 and Centurion-1.
      - Skins and decals : Ludo.m54.
      - Templates : Brain32, ACE888 and Ludo.m54.
      - Avionics and data tweaks : Crusader.
      - Loadout image : Crusader.
      - FM : Baffmeister.
      - Weapons : Ravenclaw_007.
      - Hangars et loading screens : Ludo.m54
      A big thank to all on Combatace and C6 forums that helped us solving issues we encountered.
      Any omission in credits is totally unwanted, if I forgot somebody, let me know, I will correct this.
      This addon is and will in all cases remain freeware.
      Released under CombatAce Fair-Use terms.
      Enjoy
      The Mirage F-1 Team
    • By Sheriff001

View File Mirage IIIO SEA Camouflage
      Overview
      TW's Mirage IIIO DLC with a SEA camouflage scheme based on the scheme used by the Mirage 5BAs of the Belgian Air Force. I did it because I never found the European camouflage on the Mirages to be all that sensible for Australia, the SEA scheme looks like a better fit. 
      The skins are entirely generic, just the camouflage scheme, so it can fit any nation. No markings are provided, only decals are used. You must have the Mirage IIIO DLC for the RAAF decals. All the decal inis are taken straight from the Mirage IIIO DLC. 
      The skins should work for any Mirage IIIE derivative. There were some changes to panel lines and lights for the Mirage IIIO, so the texture for the nose does not precisely fit the Mirage IIIC. That said, I can make a nose texture for the M3C if asked. Simple enough. The template used was Ludo's Mirage IIIC DLC template. 
      Provided
      SEA Skins for Mirage IIIO(A), IIIO(F), and IIIO(F/A) Installation
      Copy contents of the "To Mod Folder" folder into your mod folder.  Credits
      Ludo: Templates TW: Mirage IIIO DLC, Mirage 5BA DLC Notes
      Screenshots contain weapons from ravenclaw007. Submitter Sheriff001 Submitted 04/09/2018 Category Mirage 3  
    • By Sheriff001
      Overview
      TW's Mirage IIIO DLC with a SEA camouflage scheme based on the scheme used by the Mirage 5BAs of the Belgian Air Force. I did it because I never found the European camouflage on the Mirages to be all that sensible for Australia, the SEA scheme looks like a better fit. 
      The skins are entirely generic, just the camouflage scheme, so it can fit any nation. No markings are provided, only decals are used. You must have the Mirage IIIO DLC for the RAAF decals. All the decal inis are taken straight from the Mirage IIIO DLC. 
      The skins should work for any Mirage IIIE derivative. There were some changes to panel lines and lights for the Mirage IIIO, so the texture for the nose does not precisely fit the Mirage IIIC. That said, I can make a nose texture for the M3C if asked. Simple enough. The template used was Ludo's Mirage IIIC DLC template. 
      Provided
      SEA Skins for Mirage IIIO(A), IIIO(F), and IIIO(F/A) Installation
      Copy contents of the "To Mod Folder" folder into your mod folder.  Credits
      Ludo: Templates TW: Mirage IIIO DLC, Mirage 5BA DLC Notes
      Screenshots contain weapons from ravenclaw007.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..