sixstrings

Just getting into WWI

After mostly playing in WWII,Korea and modern jets stumbled back into WWI. Have FS-WWI and OFF-BHaH. Looking to get OFF-UE and RoF.Love the tactics and difficulty with no parachute and flimsy aircraft it has great appeal .

• Like 1

Great

I love wwI.

RoF has fewer planes but is most pleasant to fly.

Don't forget Pat Wilson's PWCG

WOFF : UE has more planes and a great campaign system, I play it to fly over Verdun and early war

First Eagle has the highest quantity of planes, thank's to Stephen1918 and others, fun too

Lima's mission reports give a good idea of all the wwI sims

• Like 2

I dont have OFF , I must purchase it at some point, FE hasa to be my favorite though due to the amount of available aircraft, done a fair few skins for FE too, I have rise of flight, but I have only played it a few times, its certainly a very good sim as well though,

• Like 1

WW1 is the most terrifying period of military aviation. Every time I go up, I know that the reaper's breath is on my shoulder. I wish you luck and many a re-spawn in the learning curve.

TGH.

Thought I'd drop by in support of FE/FE2 as well; all of the WWI sims have their good sides - but for selection of planes First Eagles is great. You can fly some really obscure types in FE2 thanks to the hard work of the modders. Great mods are available for the scenery too (I recommend the Italian map and beautiful Vosges map, both by Gterl). And it's not too expensive to pick up FE2 either - about 20 bucks on the ThirdWire site. The AI is also excellent in FE2 - making for some terrifying dogfights, sometimes high up in the clouds, other times just above the tree tops.

Happy flying,

Von S

• Like 2

Thanks for the heads-up on FE2. Will get it next month. Like Third Wire's sims so this one is a must and cheap too.

• Like 1

As with SF the beauty of First Eagles is its ease of modding, I only wish we could port the whole thing over to the SF engine though, as the models look even better in SF, I have actually semi converted a couple of aircraft to work in SF and becaust you can uses higher resiolutions and JPG format instead of BMP's it just looks so much better, but that is just a pipe dream, I think maybe its never gonna happen lol  

• Like 1

I have the first FE installed right now, any place I should go for downloading all of the WWI add-ons?

I fly both RoF and WOFF UE.  Each has it's strengths and room for improvement but for myself personally, I find WOFF offers the best single player campaign experience.

Here's a dogfight clip from an actual campaign mission.   We witnessed some Spads and Nieuports well below us and decided to jump them.  Be sure to check it out in 720P for best quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qiQaJzzNcg

In this one, I made the mistake of testing my skills against the newly deployed Allied Sopwith Triplanes.  I survived, but they chewed me up pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEFLQS-YeRo

Edited by Hellshade