zachtan

Fictional / Ace Combat Themed Skins : Taking Requests

Good day all!

I've created this thread for anyone who'd like to request a fictional/Ace Combat themed skin for me to make. Here are a few examples below for reference.

59b526a0a6cb3_FA-18EGrun.jpg.188330f6d14bca00e7bfa0c8683c4a94.jpg59b526a47bc23_F-15CGalm.jpg.0cb03a490b4e5593cf4d0d4423d2e1ab.jpg59b526b572f07_F-22AGryphus.jpg.256443c94587e0c5fece7f09f1efcb8b.jpg59b526d633a02_F-16CWindhover.jpg.8fb19876376467e2cb764a9f55888306.jpg

I've long been a fan of aviation-themed fictional works, especially the Ace Combat series. I first learnt how to make skins for IL2 a few years ago, and I'd thought that it be nice to create skins for people to enjoy, but are shy to ask because they're not "real" or "immersive".

So feel free to ask away, as I enjoy turning fiction into reality.  You can either leave a comment on this thread, or send me a private message.

Edited by zachtan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

zachtan, I've sent you a PM with some surprises. Cruising the net, I found all plane skins extracted from the PS2 games: AC04, ACZ and AC5. They can be used for reference, colour choices, etc.

I have no particular requests, but I think it would be great to have the Mobius F-22A and F-4E Phantom II, the Razgriz F-14A and some cool Ace Combat Zero plane skins of the enemy ace squadrons (Rot, Wizard, Sorcerer, Schwarze, etc...)

9 hours ago, TuskAct4 said:

Can you do the Trigger's F/A-18F skin from AC7?

https://imgur.com/a/Kcbwm

Unfortunately, I won't do any AC7 skins for now, because :

1) It's still in development, a lot of things can change about the design.

2) I haven't been invested in the characters yet.

On 17/09/2017 at 3:45 AM, jodandawg said:

How does a modern US Civil War sound.  Aircraft painted in Confederate and Union paint schemes.  Kind of intriguing.

Hmm.. I'll consider it ;)

12 hours ago, zachtan said:

Unfortunately, I won't do any AC7 skins for now, because :

1) It's still in development, a lot of things can change about the design.

2) I haven't been invested in the characters yet.

Ok

On 10/18/2017 at 5:36 PM, TheUnknow said:

Good morning. :)

I wondered if it is possible to do the Mobius one skin on the f4 phantom.?

On 1/6/2018 at 8:01 AM, TuskAct4 said:

Kei Nagase has already made a few pretty okay quality skins for the OMDF, see if they're what you're looking for :

1 minute ago, zachtan said:

Kei Nagase has already made a few pretty okay quality skins for the OMDF, see if they're what you're looking for :

Work with SF2 F-18?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Spinners

View File [Fictional] Yak-23P 'Flora' - Parani Air Force
      Yakovlev Yak-23P 'Paran for STRIKE FIGHTERS 2
      This is a very simple mod of the stock Yak-23 'Flora' to give a fictional export version for the Parani Air Force. Since my first 'Flora' mod we've had a superb cockpit by Stary so I've included it within this package.

INSTRUCTIONS
      1. From the AIRCRAFT folder drag and drop the Yak-23P folder into your Aircraft folder.
      2. From the DECALS folder drag and drop the Yak-23P folder into your Decals folder.
      3. From the PILOTS folder drag and drop the PILOT_PARAN folder into your Pilots folder.

CREDITS
      As always, thanks to everyone at Third Wire for a great little game/sim.
      Big thanks to Stary for his superb 'Flora' cockpit - it's bloomin' lovely.
      And thanks to everyone in the wider Third Wire community.
      Regards
      Spinners
      Version 2 - 29/01/19  
      Submitter Spinners Submitted 01/06/2013 Category What If Hangar  
    • By Spinners
      Yakovlev Yak-23P 'Paran for STRIKE FIGHTERS 2
      This is a very simple mod of the stock Yak-23 'Flora' to give a fictional export version for the Parani Air Force. Since my first 'Flora' mod we've had a superb cockpit by Stary so I've included it within this package.

INSTRUCTIONS
      1. From the AIRCRAFT folder drag and drop the Yak-23P folder into your Aircraft folder.
      2. From the DECALS folder drag and drop the Yak-23P folder into your Decals folder.
      3. From the PILOTS folder drag and drop the PILOT_PARAN folder into your Pilots folder.

CREDITS
      As always, thanks to everyone at Third Wire for a great little game/sim.
      Big thanks to Stary for his superb 'Flora' cockpit - it's bloomin' lovely.
      Regards
      Spinners
      Version 2 - 29/01/19  
    • By Spinners

View File [Fictional] Republic F-105H Thunderchief
      Republic F-105H Thunderchief for STRIKE FIGHTERS 2
      This is a very simple mod of the stock Third Wire F-105D to create a fictional export version in service with the Hellenic Air Force during the 1967-1982 timeline.
      Markings are included for the 340th Fighter-Bomber Squadron and the 341st Fighter-Bomber Squadron with the latter having the stock sharkmouth - easily switched to both or neither. A patch template is also included in case you'd like to add your own HAF squadron. 

INSTRUCTIONS
      1. From the AIRCRAFT folder drag and drop the F-105H folder into your Aircraft folder.
      2. From the DECALS folder drag and drop the F-105H folder into your main Decals folder.
      3. From the PILOTS folder drag and drop the PILOT_HAF folder into you main Pilots folder.
      That's it!

CREDITS
      Thanks to Third Wire for a great little game/sim.
      Regards
      Spinners
      Version 2 - 26/01/19  

Submitter Spinners Submitted 01/23/2013 Category What If Hangar  
    • By Spinners
      Republic F-105H Thunderchief for STRIKE FIGHTERS 2
      This is a very simple mod of the stock Third Wire F-105D to create a fictional export version in service with the Hellenic Air Force during the 1967-1982 timeline.
      Markings are included for the 340th Fighter-Bomber Squadron and the 341st Fighter-Bomber Squadron with the latter having the stock sharkmouth - easily switched to both or neither. A patch template is also included in case you'd like to add your own HAF squadron. 

INSTRUCTIONS
      1. From the AIRCRAFT folder drag and drop the F-105H folder into your Aircraft folder.
      2. From the DECALS folder drag and drop the F-105H folder into your main Decals folder.
      3. From the PILOTS folder drag and drop the PILOT_HAF folder into you main Pilots folder.
      That's it!

CREDITS
      Thanks to Third Wire for a great little game/sim.
      Regards
      Spinners
      Version 2 - 26/01/19  

• By Spinners

View File [Fictional] BAC Lightning F.56 'NATO'
      BAC Lightning F.56 for STRIKE FIGHTERS 2 (EP2)
      This is a very simple mod of the stock Third Wire BAC Lightning F.53 to give a fictional 'multi-role' Lightning F.56N in service with the Ejército del Aire and Aeronautica Militare Italiana during the 1967 to 1988 timeline. Colourful markings are included for;
      EDA Silver - Ala 11
      EDA Camo - Ala 12
      AMI Silver - 51º Stormo
      AMI Camo - 6º Stormo

INSTRUCTIONS
      1. From the AIRCRAFT folder drag and drop the Lightning56 folder into your Aircraft folder.
      2. From the DECALS folder drag and drop the Lightning56 folder into your Decals folder.
      3. From the WEAPONS folder drag and drop the AS-30 folder into your Weapons folder.

CREDITS
      As always, big thanks to Third Wire for the continuous improvement of a great little game/sim. Expansion Pack 2 rocks!
      Regards
      Spinners
      Version 2 - 16/02/13
      Version 1 - 03/01/11
      Submitter Spinners Submitted 01/03/2011 Category What If Hangar  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..