Sign in to follow this  
Atreides

SU-57 Arrive in Syria Khmemeim

https://twitter.com/WaelAlHussaini/status/966456661308248065

http://lentaru.media.eagleplatform.com/index/player?record_id=943301&player=new

Nice, will be interesting to see the reaction of the other parties involved in the conflict to this.  I have my popcorn ready :biggrin: for all the salt whining that it will result in.

Edited by Atreides
Embbeding of twiiter no likey

I am not very impressed. Looks like both sides have been using Syria as a playground for their new toys. Years ago the Yanks tested the F-22 for the first time in combat over Syria, obviously in bombing operations. We'll see. Rather advanced weapons over a land where nothing seems worth fighting for anymore, at least that's what I see. Mayhem, destruction and desolate landscapes which used to be cities.

16 minutes ago, bazillius said:

Looks like desinformation. Su-57 hasn't avionics nor own engines yet

Are you sure you're not the one being disinformed? The Su-57 is complete already and it's being fielded this year, in very low numbers obviously. It''s surprising the Russians are sending two of them already in a warzone. Still, everything is to be verified. Last December/this January a Su-57 was given the Izdeliye-30 engine as a test. Other prototypes seem to be using the AL-41F1.

Edited by Menrva

i think you will see soon that it is only pripaganda action for internal "in Russia" use or lie. As usual.

They seem operational to me... To my own eyes and own camera, I might believe.

What I am wondering rather are advanced weapons available for these planes, I suppose they won't go out with OFAB... ЖD

Edited by Snailman

The Russians used Afghanistan as a testing lab for new technology.  Wouldn't be shocked if they did something like that again.

On 2/22/2018 at 11:03 AM, Menrva said:

I am not very impressed. Looks like both sides have been using Syria as a playground for their new toys. Years ago the Yanks tested the F-22 for the first time in combat over Syria, obviously in bombing operations. We'll see. Rather advanced weapons over a land where nothing seems worth fighting for anymore, at least that's what I see. Mayhem, destruction and desolate landscapes which used to be cities.

Well, to clarify, the reason they're fielding the two prototype Su-57's, the A-50U AWACS, the Su-25 with the latest ECM, following the downing of the one a month or so ago (in which the pilot fought off the Jihadi scum for as ong as possible and then fell on his grenade rather than become their prisoner) and Su-35 is primarily to test is a non-combat operation the American, Israeli and Turkish radars so as to develop effective EW suite accordingly as per the gossip on credible defence websites.  The airspace in Syria at the moment is arguably amongst the most heavily monitored in the world.

The Russian's have stated that the SU-57's are there only to get hammered by the Turk, American and Israeli radars so as to test it's stealth features and further refine it, where else could you get your airframe tested in such a manner ?  It's not like Russian can say to the American's "Comrade ! Can we please borrow your AWACS and radars to test the stealthy features of Raportski ?"

9 hours ago, Snailman said:

They seem operational to me... To my own eyes and own camera, I might believe.

What I am wondering rather are advanced weapons available for these planes, I suppose they won't go out with OFAB... ЖD

Another clarification, the aircraft are suspected to be pre-production machines as Sukhoi is currently testing F-35 style exhaust for the production machines, not that you can tell by the video of course.  Either way I'm sure you and me would be quite surprised if the 57's were used in combat ops.  Who knows with Russia, though I commend Russia of doing what the NATO bureaucracy has been incapable of doing in Syria. :clapping:

4 hours ago, PFunk said:

The Russians used Afghanistan as a testing lab for new technology.  Wouldn't be shocked if they did something like that again.

Yes in 1980 2 x Su-25 Prototypes (T8-1D and T-83) were sent to Astan during Operation Romb.....field eval & testing under real world conditions.

56 Eval flights and 44 real combat sorties.

Satellite pic of one of the Su's at Khmemeim, Latakia.

image.png.b7f5918271264f5795b75e91e1e02290.png

• Like 1