Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Erik

      2022 Support Drive   09/01/2022

      Our support drive for 2022 has kicked off. You can find out more about it here: Please Donate or Subscribe
Sign in to follow this  
MigBuster

500 x Su-27 Vs F-15 Dogfight

Recommended Posts

Epic video............the guy explains how he did it at the end - was filmed at about 1/8 speed and then sped up.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is utterly sick!

His system must hate him!

My thing is how did he avoid collisions? AI is pretty dumb when it comes to flying near other aircraft.

Edited by ironroad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Epic! But he didn't say who won or by what score.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, streakeagle said:

Epic! But he didn't say who won or by what score.

But even so I thought it was a good video reminded me of the Battle of Britain film (1969) aerial combat sequences. Planes everywhere. !!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He posted it on the You tube comments

As it's come up as a common question, usually the F-15c's Won, sometimes the Su-27's did, the winner usually snowballed towards the end leaving something like 30 aircraft on the winning side and 1 or 2 loosing aircraft surviving. They were all armed with 4x Heat seeking missiles, to keep the fight close in.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HOLY SCHNIKIES ! ! ! ! !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder what the outcome would be like in real life. The missiles would be seeing a sky full of countermeasures as well as tons of alternate targets. The confusion and target management would be nearly impossible to overcome until the numbers thinned out. Only World War 2 saw air battles of this magnitude. A strength of the Battle of Britain sim is the ability to get a taste of flying towards a sky blackened by bomber formations and escorting fighters at great playable frame rates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, MigBuster said:

He posted it on the You tube comments

As it's come up as a common question, usually the F-15c's Won, sometimes the Su-27's did, the winner usually snowballed towards the end leaving something like 30 aircraft on the winning side and 1 or 2 loosing aircraft surviving. They were all armed with 4x Heat seeking missiles, to keep the fight close in.

 

The slanted kill count makes some sense due ti N-Squared Law.

http://www.navweaps.com/index_tech/tech-076.php

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, streakeagle said:

I wonder what the outcome would be like in real life. The missiles would be seeing a sky full of countermeasures as well as tons of alternate targets. The confusion and target management would be nearly impossible to overcome until the numbers thinned out. Only World War 2 saw air battles of this magnitude. A strength of the Battle of Britain sim is the ability to get a taste of flying towards a sky blackened by bomber formations and escorting fighters at great playable frame rates.

 

There was a study that was saying, with numbers or participants increasing in a dogfight  the difference of technology becomes less and less decisive, and losses  will be more close to equal.  Out of 500 ending with 30 on either side is quite a result here...

As the numbers get down to a certain breaking point (of the above formula),  the fight decisively turns in favor of either side as if the fight had started with that smaller number.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..