Dave

Viper Confirmed for DCS.

Check this out... 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Niiiice!  That'll fill out the US 4th Gen group nicely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It has been confirmed for awhile. Belsimtek's F-4 was bumped to the back of the bus to focus on ED's preference for the F-16. For my entire PC/internet life, F4 has meant a hardcore sim for the the F-16. Belsimtek reveals screenshots of an F-4E that is pretty much exactly what I have wanted all these years, and its development is stopped to make way for another F-16. If it wasn't for TK/Third Wire, I would have been stuck playing Jane's Fighters Anthology and Jane's USAF up to now to be able to enjoy the F-4 in a realistic combat environment. Cheers to TK for keeping me entertained for a decade before DCS World started on the path of my ideal sim: a hardcore F-4/MiG-21 air combat study simulator. DCS World has actually bettered my vision by simultaneously providing both a survey sim and study sim of almost the entire flyable aircraft library with some of the most famous historical air-to-air matchups of all time. I would greatly appreciate it if they could just the the F-4 done before I die.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Beautiful video, no words for the fantastic models.This simulator are in other level.I hope to build my new computer to fly with it. Thx to share the video :) 

• Like 1

And right on que, the anti DCS crowd at SimHq is quick to shit all over it. 

Gota agree - If ya don't like it spend your money elsewhere...................... love Viper's! I wouldn't trade that sexy jet for a 117 - NO WAY BABY!

• Like 1

On 12/22/2018 at 8:06 AM, Dave said:

And right on que, the anti DCS crowd at SimHq is quick to shit all over it. 

Yeah, the fervent bashing gets to be a bit much at times.

Not really interested in the F-16, I feel like there is Falcon 4.0 for that. Also, to me it seems like it will be out of place as an actual flyable in the DCS universe, may be because there has been no dedicated A/G radar or sensors in the game for so long.

Edited by ironroad

32 minutes ago, ironroad said:

Yeah, the fervent bashing gets to be a bit much at times.

Not really interested in the F-16, I feel like there is Falcon 4.0 for that. Also, to me it seems like it will be out of place as an actual flyable in the DCS universe, may be because there has been no dedicated A/G radar or sensors in the game for so long.

I've yet to get my teeth into DCS so not really in the loop, but wasn't a2g radar supposed to becoming with the Hornet module?

15 minutes ago, fallenphoenix1986 said:

I've yet to get my teeth into DCS so not really in the loop, but wasn't a2g radar supposed to becoming with the Hornet module?

I believe so, they are updating the Latrin code as well.

The last update mentioned it was being worked on still for the Hornet.

The 3rd party Viggen has some kind of AG radar implementation I understand but I don't have that so not sure.

Thinking that any F-16 will be released in a pre-alpha Early Access state thus might advise waiting a few years. Could get it just to review it but not really that keen - at least other modules have new things to learn - like the F-4E <cough>.

As DCS World is almost exclusively the sim that I fly and SimHQ has nothing but endless drivel about how bad DCS is, I have no use for SimHQ. At one time it was the place to go for Jane's USAF until Gulf Knight hijacked that function with a pay-to-be-a-member website. It was also the place to go for Strike Fighters Project 1 until the anti-fanboi's drove TK away leading to the rise of Third Wire's forum for official tech support and CombatAce for everything else. I like a lot of the long-time SimHQ members, but the site has been a waste of time for me for quite a while.