Sign in to follow this  
Carter28

Getting Everything In Order

Ok people,

i'm an old pro at WOE and WOV Gen 1 and just recently got a hold of a bunch of SF2  titles. I also downloaded things such as patches, WOV Gold and NF files and i came to the realization after looking at a bunch of text notes that i can't figure out exactly how to put thing in order with all these various things  (WOI, North Atlantic). Any step by step hints so i can get things going?

Hello

Advice would be do one thing at a time

SF1 and SF2 series are totally separate games and so are the Mods required.

SF2 games can be installed individually or as one entirely merged install.

Ok,

The merged install is what i'm looking at but then there is question of all the patches, mods etc, etc. I've installed and removed the merged install twice already because i haven't been able to find exactly what can go in what order. For example, in Gen 1 it was WOV clean install, then patches and weapons pack, range,  WOV Gold and you were set.. WOE was patches, weapons pack, range, the NFs and that was more or less it except for a few personal mods or two.  The SF2  mass install is a whole other ball game if you can't make heads or tails about what goes when. 

Cant recall exactly, but...

SF2 series game installers do not require a fixed install order anymore.. if they are from 2013 (??) and later.

Think somebody  posted a install order list somewhere for the old installers.

• Like 1

If necessary I'm reinstalling in such order...

SF2 - SF2I - SF2ex1 - SF2V - SF2E - SF2ex2 - SF2NA

then DLCs..and 2013 patch.

• Like 1

As Crusader, if you've gotten the SF2 exes since 2013, they can be installed in any order, as thats' the last patch level

DLCs can be installed in any order

They ALL merge in the main install. in the C:\Program Files (x86)\ThirdWire\Strike Fighters 2 "core install" folder. It's the individual exes that create the seperate game. Everything is available in all, due to this 'core install' system.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. I'll give it another try later on and see what happens.