MigBuster

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

73e866d9-fadb-49dd-9130-0d1bbfa9b59a.png.4e68a923c7448f402cf0ce3366ec2675.png

Coming 2020, Microsoft Flight Simulator is the next generation of one of the most beloved simulation franchises. From light planes to wide-body jets, fly highly detailed and stunning aircraft in an incredibly realistic world. Create your flight plan and fly anywhere on the planet. Enjoy flying day or night and face realistic, challenging weather conditions.

For Win 10 and XBox

https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/microsoft-flight-simulator

• Like 3

Very interesting! But let's see the requirements.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wonder if this means Combat Flight Simulation will be a boom again?

56 minutes ago, 76.IAP-Blackbird said:

XBOX???

Yeah well what I can say they're sucking all the fun out of being a PC player these days. I remember walking in this ancient structure called a video store back in the day. And back then they would let you rent PC games (before people started becoming punks with uploading viruses and copying disks). I would remember looking at PC games and seeing all of the great graphics and marveling at all the cool people that played those games with those awesome graphics on their computers. They were not limited like a console was, they were an amazing class of people ... now everything has the same damn memory and graphics capabilities

• Thanks 1

If it can be run properly with a console game pad then I'll give it a miss... its either dumbed down to far to be interesting or too clunky to be practical.

An Xbox is a Windows 10 PC. As long as they don't stick the PC gamers with the console control interface they way they did with the last two Star War Battlefront games, this could be a winner. I won't hold my breath waiting to find out, but I am not assuming that this is going to blow for PCs either. Wait and see. In the mean time, my biggest problem is deciding whether to play DCS World on a 49" 4K TV or the Rift S: awesome graphics or awesome VR with 1:1 scaling and head tracking. Both are great and it is really hard to pick one over the other.

• Like 1

a) I wonder what an Xbox has inside...

b) I had a discussion about this with my supervisor at the museum I volunteer with.  Real genuinely sincerely concerned about how this streaming is going to work out... not so good for museums that need fast loading time.

But to me sounds promising, especially if one could download the area they fly in most of the time (for me it's between Vancouver BC; Spokane Washington; some distance off the Pacific Coast; and Salem, Oregon).

Edited by JosefK
Clarify needs of museum versus my wishes

So I found out, window's pc game or not, all Microsoft "gaming" products are now under the "xbox" franchise name. So this new FS will first come out for PC. It is being designed as a PC simulator. I for one, am very excited!

To me it looks like they are trying to get everything into the "XBOX" universe. A steam like world where a game can be played both from a PC or the console with the expected differences. A cheap PC would be less appealing then the console to the eye but a high end PC would support better controllers and other fancy stuff while looking at least as good as the console.

This what you see in the driving simulations.