Hi everyone, how you doing? I will go to the point. I am currently working on an Argentinian skin for Erwin Hans' and InSky's J-10A. I want to modify some aspects, like the HUD. Currently, the mod doesn't have a way to show if the missile is locked on target or not (THE CIRCLES THAT APPEAR ON THE HUD), and I want to modify that.

I tried changing the cockpit.ini and avionics.ini, but I had to replace with the not modified version of the files because I ended up deforming the radar, and the avionics of course.

The plane doesn't have problem when it comes to bombs and cannons, but it has that problem with the missiles. If someone can help me, I will be more than thankful.

Have a nice flight, good hunting!

https://combatace.com/forums/topic/44026-converting-older-planes-to-work-in-sf2-–-a-basic-guide-by-migbuster/?tab=comments#comment-312185

30. Missing Missile HUD symbology (From Oct 2009)

With version Oct 2009 - If you are missing HUD symbology for missiles on modern 3rd party jets like I was (Tornado F3/MiG-29s/FA-18 etc)then you may need to add some new code to the xxx_avionics.ini

[HUD]

HUDMaterial=HUDMaterial <--------- add this

HUDColor=0.36,1.0,0.82,0.7

BoresightOffset=0.0,0.00

ViewportTopLeft=-0.140,-0.195

And all of this below the [HUD] section

[HUDMaterial]

EffectShaderName=fltHUD.fx

DepthBufferCheck=FALSE

DepthBufferWrite=FALSE

RenderedInOrder=FALSE

AlphaTestEnabled=TRUE

CullMode=NO_CULL

LightEnabled=FALSE

UseLightLevel=FALSE

SpecularEnabled=FALSE

EmissiveEnabled=FALSE

FogEnabled=FALSE

AmbientColor=1.000000,1.000000,1.000000,1.000000

DiffuseColor=1.000000,1.000000,1.000000,1.000000

ZBufferOffset=0

PriorityLevel=1

BlendOp=BLEND_SRC_ALPHA

NumTextureStages=1

TextureStage[01].TextureName=

TextureStage[01].MipMap=FALSE

TextureStage[01].FilterEnabled=TRUE

TextureStage[01].StageColorOp=TEXTURE_MODULATE_DIFFUSE

TextureStage[01].StageAlphaOp=TEXTURE_MODULATE_DIFFUSE

Thank you! I solved it! Looking forward to releasing the mod in a while! Have a good hunting!

Edited by Wrench
no need to quote the entire post
  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By clim995
      I'm doing a Pacific World War 2 install, and i kind of wanted to do it in the old school hard way (without HUDs). The instrument gauges are a bit problematic since some world war 2 cockpits have lower details in them so they are hard to spot but the even harder bit is actually locating the enemy aircraft since there are no search radars to compensate for the lack of HUDs. 

I always call the tactical air control center and ask then the location of nearby bandits every few dozen nautical miles but they just always give me the all-clear (even at the mission waypoint) so I try to manually locate enemies but still just spend minutes circling round and round without action. (having read a few books, i know this is actually quite realistic, world war 2 wise but meh )

I'm just curious how do you guys do it? am i missing something? please share some bits to me as I am a Sukhoi Flanker dude who's having way too much fun flying P-40s and Zeroes.
    • By CheckSixCharlie
      Hello! My name is Elchfisk and I am new to the COMBATACE forums in general, but I wanted to showcase something I designed and am in the process of working on.

The Vought F-119 Vanguard, influenced by designs within the TFX (Tactical Fighter eXperimental) Program, which led to the development of the F-111, was considered to be a tri-service answer to the project. A high power, variable sweep fighter aircraft that would essentially replace the mud moving roles of the Aardvark, and the standoff interception capability of the Tomcat.

I'm new to Strike Fighters 2 modding as a whole, and I would love for this to be the first project I undertake in that scene. Is there any documentation or anyone that could teach and assist me in how to mod in an entirely custom aircraft like this? I'll keep this thread full of work-in-progress photos in the meantime, but if any experienced modders could reach out to me, I'd really appreciate it.

Before I go for now, here's another image of one of the several models, specifically the J79 equipped variant, showcasing the very unique wing setup, and variable sweep:

• By 1309mariano

View File Dassault/FMA Rafale EA-2/DA
      BACKSTORY: 
      In 2014, with the Mirage retirement in mind, Argentina started a competition to decide wich plane was going to replace it in the near future. Due to the strategic position of the country and the abundance of resources, the contest ended up having various options: the F/A-18E/F, the Tejas MK1 and MK2, the Gripen, the Su-30, the MiG-35, the J-10CE and the Rafale, all with unique variants to fill the needs of the Argentinian Air Force.
      The chosen plane was the Rafale. The Argentinian Ministry of Defence agreed on 18 planes, 12 Rafale EA-2s and 4 Rafale DAs. The Rafale EA-2 is an advanced variant of the Rafale F4, equipped with AESA radar and Conformal Fuel Tanks. It can fire the MBDA MICA missiles, along with some russian ordenance. This is because Dassault, Argentina and Russia agreed to replace the british parts with russian parts in the exchange of Argentina buying and equipping the Rafale with russian precise guided munitions.
      The Argentinian Rafale participated in various exercises with NATO and eastern side countries, like the "ECOAS I", where the Argentinian pilots showed its great ability to fly low, "sinking" the USS George Bush.
      Special thanks to JAT81500, for releasing the Dassault Rafale F4,  wich is used as the Dassault Rafale EA-2
      And ThirdWire, for this amazing sim, that I love and play almost everyday...

I hope you enjoy this mod as much as I do.
      Have a good flight!
      Good hunting!

Submitter 1309mariano Submitted 01/08/2022 Category What If Hangar  
    • By 1309mariano
      BACKSTORY: 
      In 2014, with the Mirage retirement in mind, Argentina started a competition to decide wich plane was going to replace it in the near future. Due to the strategic position of the country and the abundance of resources, the contest ended up having various options: the F/A-18E/F, the Tejas MK1 and MK2, the Gripen, the Su-30, the MiG-35, the J-10CE and the Rafale, all with unique variants to fill the needs of the Argentinian Air Force.
      The chosen plane was the Rafale. The Argentinian Ministry of Defence agreed on 18 planes, 12 Rafale EA-2s and 4 Rafale DAs. The Rafale EA-2 is an advanced variant of the Rafale F4, equipped with AESA radar and Conformal Fuel Tanks. It can fire the MBDA MICA missiles, along with some russian ordenance. This is because Dassault, Argentina and Russia agreed to replace the british parts with russian parts in the exchange of Argentina buying and equipping the Rafale with russian precise guided munitions.
      The Argentinian Rafale participated in various exercises with NATO and eastern side countries, like the "ECOAS I", where the Argentinian pilots showed its great ability to fly low, "sinking" the USS George Bush.
      Special thanks to JAT81500, for releasing the Dassault Rafale F4,  wich is used as the Dassault Rafale EA-2
      And ThirdWire, for this amazing sim, that I love and play almost everyday...

I hope you enjoy this mod as much as I do.
      Have a good flight!
      Good hunting!

• By Eugene2

View File Skinpack for stock SPAD VII's
      Default skinpack for stock SPAD VII's.
      There are two skins - for French and Russian aviation.
      I tried to add some "photorealistic" textures for more impressive image of this aircraft.
      I removed wing's cockades and rudder's emblems from "Decals.ini" because they were integrated in my skin.

Eugene
      Submitter Eugene2 Submitted 12/27/2021 Category Spad Skins  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..