How can 3D Models be extracted from the game for editing? I am trying to edit some weapon models (adding struts/fins, etc.), but I cannot figure out how they can be exported. 

Thank you

You can't and that statement is why you can't. TK locked them intentionally to stop pirating and the like. So the answer is there is no way to get to them.

• Like 1

Search here about using FakePilot or better find aircraft which use it. This is for adding parts. for removing parts use scheme

[AircraftData]
Component[XXX]=Remove1
// ------------------------------------

[Remove1]
ModelNodename=Empty
DestroyedNodeName=NamePartforRemoving
DetachWhenDestroyed=TRUE
HasAeroCoefficients=FALSE

Ask somebody about it for help.

NO ANY CHANCE TO EXTRACT MODEL only these 2 trick. Or you can do your model from zero and export it for game using TW lod export plug in

2 hours ago, EricJ said:

You can't and that statement is why you can't. TK locked them intentionally to stop pirating and the like. So the answer is there is no way to get to them.

You can extract all models from the game. It is pretty easy, you just have to use the right tools for it.

Well it's my understanding that they're locked to stop piracy, then if people are extracting the models then I'm sure that people here wouldn't allow it to be uploaded at least. But I don't know any programs (I don't care about the models myself), but that kinda sucks.

Edited by EricJ

No, they're lods are ALL locked away. You cannot extract ANY of them past the 2012 update. There are no tools that work past that point

Also, even you could, you cannot edit the final LOD for a weapon. and why would you need to???

7 minutes ago, Wrench said:

Also, even you could, you cannot edit the final LOD for a weapon. and why would you need to???

Strange question. To improove models. It coud be nice if TW gift us the game as it did Karmak with the Quake or MP with Falcon 4.0

In my opinion with our usual use of the game it is not useful to extract the SF2 Lod files !

• Like 1

Well, it is much easier to build up a new model than extract and work on an old lod.

Just to be clear. Yes, we can 'hack' models from the game. Not going to name tools anyway.  But it is crap, and not worth the effort.

• Like 5

The life cycle of the game goes to the end so yes its not worth the effort. But if game code and resourses was openewd 10 yearsago game coud be some levels greater. Now its just old comfy nostalgy game for old gamers without any chance to progress

trimmermedal833

Which stock weapon models are you looking to improve? Chances are we may already have better models of these weapons from our great modders here at CA.

Have you checked the various weapons packs and standalone weapons in the downloads section?

I myself hardly ever use the stock weapons anymore, considering we have much higher quality replacements.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Svetlin said:

trimmermedal833

Which stock weapon models are you looking to improve? Chances are we may already have better models of these weapons from our great modders here at CA.

Have you checked the various weapons packs and standalone weapons in the downloads section?

I myself hardly ever use the stock weapons anymore, considering we have much higher quality replacements.

To amplify this I have taken all the AAMs I use in the game and consolidated them with the best models and textures I could find. I also adjusted the data files to change the ranges to better match the available data. Several of the weapons available here seem to be above the maximum resolution and number of vertices the game engine can handle so you are not likely to improve much.

2 hours ago, Wrench said:

No, they're lods are ALL locked away. You cannot extract ANY of them past the 2012 update. There are no tools that work past that point

Yes you can.

I have all lods from the game, extracted juli 2013.

There are tools, they are just not linked to SF2 when you search for them, they can just about extract anything from any file that is an archive.

OK then. For personal use, fine. But don't even THINK about sharing or mentioning the availability of a ripping tool on these boards again. Violates site policy on priacy. Just a simple warning.

We've known that one of our members has written an extractor, many years ago, that works on locked SF2. He just refuses to release it as it could be considered a pirating program.

So, say good bye to this thread

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1