wussup guys

what a brother gotta do to prevent the AI from spottin you sneaking in from a blind spot?

Wear some sneakers that are sneakier than your last sneakers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Fly Low - Pretend Dead - Circling to further route from WP 5 and attack enemy when they turn their back - Pray a lotAnya.thumb.jpg.ace088a46c569311f0d0be31de0bd9dc.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

no INI edits though?

like detection FOV or something similar

i come in tree top, hide in the hills or behind a ridge, turn/climb 6oclock, as i get into 2 miles away the SOB jinks hard! like WTH! 

Edited by one4five

I can't help you as my old DACT reports say that they get the evil eye modifier, i.e. they see you regardless when in real life they would be snuck up on easy. I mean if you're using your radar that may be the reason too. It's an active thing and they will detect it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, EricJ said:

I can't help you as my old DACT reports say that they get the evil eye modifier, i.e. they see you regardless when in real life they would be snuck up on easy. I mean if you're using your radar that may be the reason too. It's an active thing and they will detect it.

speaking of the radar, good point, turned off all the way, no loadout jus the gun, going on comms with the tactical 

going solo, no wingman, just a lone wolf

Yeah I feel you without the wingman, I fly solo all the time myself.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, EricJ said:

it is the programming clearly, detection range is a full sphere container, no FOV limitations

Just now, one4five said:

it is the programming clearly, detection range is a full sphere container, no FOV limitations

Yeah then again with my DACT reports I never really used the radar (cold nose) and they would "sense me" and then dodge, but I needed that to do maneuvering and such to get them to react, so it wasn't an issue. But yeah, some of them would be easy if they didn't have it. Maybe it models the mirrors, and you get close enough to "see" you, which could be an explanation. I'm not a programmer so I wouldn't know how to fix that issue, so we're stuck with it.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, EricJ said:

Yeah then again with my DACT reports I never really used the radar (cold nose) and they would "sense me" and then dodge, but I needed that to do maneuvering and such to get them to react, so it wasn't an issue. But yeah, some of them would be easy if they didn't have it. Maybe it models the mirrors, and you get close enough to "see" you, which could be an explanation. I'm not a programmer so I wouldn't know how to fix that issue, so we're stuck with it.

we`ll talk again for sure, great work on your website brother

Edited by one4five

Thanks

• Like 1

On 08.08.2023 at 8:10 PM, one4five said:

no INI edits though?

like detection FOV or something similar

i come in tree top, hide in the hills or behind a ridge, turn/climb 6oclock, as i get into 2 miles away the SOB jinks hard! like WTH! 

AFAIK, "detection" section of each DATA.ini file has something about visual radius and deadzones. It's in the beginning of the file

I was curious about this, so I tried it with a pair of F-15's over the Germany terrain. I was vectored to a flight of Mig-21's, and staying low, no radar, flying a parallel course to them, then slowing down to slide in behind them at 10 miles in trail before throttling up to close the range, they never so much as flinched. Maybe it has something to do with the poor rearward visibility, but I was able to get within 0.4 miles before opening fire.

img00001.thumb.JPG.20f864c1f3fa8098278b828303908193.JPGimg00002.thumb.JPG.b5d34cbb5a719901952231f76b5179a6.JPGimg00003.thumb.JPG.3864d63f09d3b43272b803dc4f2162ba.JPG

Edited by Nightshade/PR