Gepard

Has someone made soviet aggressor skins?

The Soviets founded an own aggressor training center in the early 1970th. It was based at the Mariji Air Base in Turkmenistan. First the operated MiG-21bis, from 1975 MiG-23 of different versions and from 1984 (or was it 85?) they used MiG-29.

The aggressor planes got fast ID markings, the so called congnac stripes.

So the MiG-23 looked:

65351e781dbd2_1MiG-23Aggressor1.jpg.0391debfe0f59b510cbc42587823cbd6.jpg

65351e7a061ad_2MiG-23Aggressor.jpg.ea08350429ad40e35ee22a8fc0ab676a.jpg

Do you know, wheter this skin is available?

Here a video with the story of the soviet Top Gun school:

Edited by Gepard
  • Like 4

Not to my knowledge. Frankly, the only ones I've seen were LOMAC or sorts, but not for SF2.

I know that one version of MiG-29 available for download have 1 Agressor camo (the one with sharkmouth).

• Like 1

i would doubt there are any on the 23's;  while there would likely be alot of interest just for the uniqueness of it i dont think many were aware of it

you sir, are the biggest resident expert in all equipment Soviet or DDR.....

There is at least one shark mouth MiG-23 in this pack. Not sure if it’s an aggressor skin though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, allenjb42 said:

There is at least one shark mouth MiG-23 in this pack. Not sure if it’s an aggressor skin though.

I had a look on it. It's a Afghanistan War skin of MiG-23MLD of Bagram Air Base in 1988/89. But it is a beginning, a good basic for making an Aggressor skin.

• Like 3

I have this skin in my database. Is this what you're looking for ? Sharkmouth is easy to stick it on it.

img00149.jpg

Edited by UllyB
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, UllyB said:

I have this skin in my database. Is this what you're looking for ? Sharkmouth is easy to stick it on it.

Sharkmouth with eyes, red triangle in front of air intakes, the viking at the air intake trunks, the "congnac stripe" over the tailfin, a small white tacticat number at the top fo the rudder, the blue tactical number.

Sharkmouth is on net in every shape and red triangle/blue tactic number are doable, I think I have at least one of each somewhere in my files.The others, some I am not familiarized with, but are they really that important to make an...agressor impression for you ? You seem very into it and that they mean a lot for you but I might be wrong :)

Edited by UllyB

Gepard, do you have Photoshop or Gimp where you can open a PSD? I think I can help slightly with it.