Nothing we can do here to fix it. We  have very little to do with them. You'll have to take the issue up with them.

There was another in the works, once upon a time, but the modler hasn't been around for a while. (2018)

Those are good textures for a DAT model. The weathering on the wing leading edge is indicative of flying through a sandstorm. Wrench is correct though, that's a DAT related issue we can't, by their demanded proclamation, will not get involved with.

• Like 3

I mean it could be the setting in the graphics options too, I usually set it to Unlimited because I want it to look good for screenshots and general quality too. But if it's unlimited already, then that's some bad work there. You may want to look into redoing it yourself.

^ what he said

looks very much like a settings thing to me, although the textures are also probably smaller being older (512 vs the current usual 2048 or 4096 even). basing that off the premise that the insigina is on the skin and not a decal

if you really like the Skynights, then why not make it a first step into making your own?

• Haha 2

Yes a Newer version of the  F3D and EF-10B would be nice. but just some new skins for those of us that do have the A/C maybe something I will look at at some point, no promises though  lol 

• Like 1

would be cool if you did mate

we have a small section in the downloads for stuff that is DAT based. all with the provisional warning that you have to have the model (lod) from DAT and that theres no support here for the DAT items themselves

I wonder if they're still using the original decals I made for it 'way back when in 1stGen SF. I remember them being 100% historical for VMF(N)-513.

-----

everything else being said, I DO have what I believe is a beta version of angelp's Skyknight. It has 2 VMFN Marine skins (black) and the later gull grey/white. The GG/W needs decals and such. See below for screenshots.

I'm not sure what exactly the state of the model is, the wings fold and the upper canopy 'hatch' opens. It needs FM work (even for a Gen1 Jet, it's very sluggish). I guess it'd be okay do some more work on it and release it as a "provisional Beta". The model itself, even as it stands put's that one to shame. Cockpit is a bit "iffy" (it's a heavily modded Mossie pit0, but it works

ap-skyknight-1.JPG

ap-skyknight-2.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

That model is miles and miles better than the DAT ones for sure, I wouldn't mind getting hold of that myself if you have it to hand please Kev.

Looking at the picture, these are poor graphics settings. But I could do a smart upscale of textures. But it’s unlikely that anyone needs this.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wrench said:

I wonder if they're still using the original decals I made for it 'way back when in 1stGen SF. I remember them being 100% historical for VMF(N)-513.

-----

everything else being said, I DO have what I believe is a beta version of angelp's Skyknight. It has 2 VMFN Marine skins (black) and the later gull grey/white. The GG/W needs decals and such. See below for screenshots.

I'm not sure what exactly the state of the model is, the wings fold and the upper canopy 'hatch' opens. It needs FM work (even for a Gen1 Jet, it's very sluggish). I guess it'd be okay do some more work on it and release it as a "provisional Beta". The model itself, even as it stands put's that one to shame. Cockpit is a bit "iffy" (it's a heavily modded Mossie pit0, but it works

I talk with AngelP almost daily, he's planning to send me his mods to get them finished and released. So, no problem releasing that plane once you're happy with it!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The fix is pretty much simple - set the skin texture to highest:

[GraphicsOptions]
DisplayDeviceID=0
DisplayWidth=1366
DisplayHeight=768
DisplayDepth=32
AspectRatio=1.777778
AntiAliasing=2
ForceDX9=FALSE
ForceVSyncOff=TRUE
Use32BitZBuffer=TRUE
LensFlare=0
DetailLevel=4
ObjectDetail=2
ObjectTexture=3   <------------------------------------------
CockpitTexture=3
CockpitMirrors=1
CockpitReflection=1
EffectsDetail=2
TerrainDetail=2
TerrainTexture=3
HorizonDistance=0
GroundObjectDensity=3
WaterDetail=3
CloudsDetail=2
Shadow=2
ObjectsFade=FALSE

Btw, it´s my skin work.

• Like 2

Stratos, if you could get Alex to fix some things on the lod, it would be a HUGE help. I'm out of meshes for the numbers and tail codes. The tail fin (vert tail) needs to be cut off from the rear fuselage (tail mesh) and have it's own mesh. As you can see, it's all one piece.

Simply because the tail code, 4-digit bunum, full bunum and individual ID are all on the fin

also, if he could give me right and left horizontal stab; they're all one piece now (not a big deal I can just make the full hit box across the stab, and tag it' RemoveWhenDestroyed=FALSE)

there are also some untextured bits, mostly the landing gear legs, but that's not that important

thanks bro!

ps: if you can get the templates, that'd help too! I have to correct the gull grey to the right shade of gray! :)

tailfin mesh.jpg

• Like 4

Just sent all that to him, fingers crossed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1