Hi everyone,

I hope that all is well with you. I have an issue only after landing on the carrier (On any terrain, like Vietnam, North Atlantic, etc). When I landed my plane on the carrier, the aircraft started to slide from left to right side, even though the brakes and landing hood were both utilized. Do you guys know how to fix this issue? Thanks a lot. 

End the mission quickly before you fall off the deck?? That's all I can think off. Never heard of this issue before

• Like 1

Also what plane? I don't have that issue at least with most planes that I've flown (which admittedly was very small), and which carrier was it on?

I have seen this, too. I don't recall if it happens with all planes. Like Wrench says, I usually end the mission at that point. I've never taken the time to really research it.

It happens with F-4N and when I choose Vietnam terrain. 

Is the carrier turning? It has happened to me when the carrier starts turning right after I land.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Falcon1364 said:

It happens with F-4N and when I choose Vietnam terrain. 

stock   DLC or STORM's?

Edited by daddyairplanes

interesting ... the stock VNSEA map doesn't even come with the CV zones on the _water.bmp. Nor is tagged with "naval map" (obviously, as the NVA didn't have a navy worth floating)

Stock map or modified??

Thanks a lot for all your replies. Yes, I meant F-4N STORMS in Vietnam's SouthEast terrain. 

so, non-stock aircraft on a non-stock terrain?

fly Navy, but not non stock.......

• Haha 1

I think he flies the stock VietnamSEA terrain, but using a mod. Besides, I think his carrier turns therefore causing the issue. If its not turning and causing the issue, then you'll have to learn how to work the Data.ini of the plane and figure that maybe the values aren't that great after all.

Did you check the aircraft wheel brakes data?

To be honest, I do not know what the wheel brake parameters need to be for F-4Bs. Is there any specific parameter for that? 

I have tried the F-4N by Storm at the true naval map. Take off from and landing on Essex carrier and i was not able to duplicate the problem. The F-4N stood as a stone on deck after landing. The problem was, that the AI planes were unable to catch the wire and always run over the deck and fall into the sea. But the player piloted F-4N had not this problem.

img00175.thumb.JPG.4f29d51a3d09e5c1082c13a540ebec16.JPG