To explain: this is not for full aircraft, ships, or ground objects. this is for fairly simple items to be added as fake pilot items, or possibly as weapons if not complex. real world pics are required of what you are wanting

I will kick off with a request for a chaff flare box on the F-16As

USA_F16-top-aces-first-flight_Thomas_Backus_1.jpg.7cde1646412a6737d789e3699dfb97eb.thumb.jpg.00c7d4aa313763d4b49d8417ec33e0c9.jpg

it appears not to be in use by the new owners, but probably cheaper/easier to leave them in place

box.jpg.89eecfe95944ddb1781737ef180c17e9.jpg

• Like 3

Not a volunteer (maybe), but does it have approximate size or proportion? Comparing it with photos is one way, but there may be some errors

PM Wrench and he should pin this topic too.

12 hours ago, simonmiller416 said:

Not a volunteer (maybe), but does it have approximate size or proportion? Comparing it with photos is one way, but there may be some errors

i'm afraid not

best i could do is to point out it looks the same as the ALE boxes on late F-4Es, and in fact may be pulled from Israeli Phantoms after they retired. but on the Israeli side, they do tend to keep secrets well.

again as for Top Aces, they appear to be leaving em empty.

NETZ-CM1.png.30adccae07e2b31e34cf0834690fd226.png

There were two others mounted underside (ventral fins) as well from the mid 1980s.

• Like 1

havent seen ventral ones on the Top Aces birds unless your talking the usual built into the fuselage (ref pics above)

and that still looks empty, so i wouldnt be loading countermeasures in those areas anyhow.

Inboard (slave) AN/ALE 40 from Rhino. Can only load Chaff. Ask our Phantom wizards. I only have 24 (chaff/flare) slots model that i used on jag and zipper.

Edited by yakarov79
  • Like 1

its always good to have a closer look at the pictures 

there are dispenser on the inner side of the ventral fins

box.thumb.jpg.5f8231700a2e45e36601f27242496681.jpg

USA_F16-top-aces-first-flight_Thomas_Backus_2.thumb.jpg.874dd86ae4492329b3518313f549643b.jpg

• Like 3

Yes i have some underside pics showing two still being there. They might still be using them in their aggressor role.

1 hour ago, Nightshade/PR said:

There are a couple of decent underside shots in this article.

Thank You , that helped a lot  :good:

just something that i made this morning , new AN/ALE-40 dispensers and the antenna and sensor on the intake 

the skin has to be made by daddyairplanes 

Image2.thumb.jpg.b5f029e8b45a2950ef3be24c4b3ec3ae.jpg

Image4.thumb.jpg.a938699ea1485c5cc2ef77414230c96a.jpg

Image6.thumb.jpg.05bc01243e140f64d822608c42efb2e5.jpg

Image8.thumb.jpg.4870cdde589f1a312f753b400078334a.jpg

Image11.thumb.jpg.bf0db27dd8277654c370e74b193b1200.jpg

Image13.thumb.jpg.74fcc94a7436cacfd4e73f4e223b4287.jpg

• Like 11

I cant tell from the side view of the model ...as you can see in the photos Israeli Block 5/10 also got bigger horizontal stabs from the Block 15 starting in the mid 80s (this did not make them Block 15)

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, MigBuster said:

I cant tell from the side view of the model ...as you can see in the photos Israeli Block 5/10 also got bigger horizontal stabs from the Block 15 starting in the mid 80s (this did not make them Block 15)

just changed it to the larger stabilizers , Thank You :good:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ravenclaw_007 said:

its always good to have a closer look at the pictures

yeah i finally caught that in my own pic after your pm :drinks: 

thank you all for the input so far on these specific item. but please keep in mind, i was trying to start a thread for anyone's simple model needs. i'm hoping all the input on this doesnt discourage anyone else from making a request of their own

13 minutes ago, daddyairplanes said:

yeah i finally caught that in my own pic after your pm :drinks: 

thank you all for the input so far on these specific item. but please keep in mind, i was trying to start a thread for anyone's simple model needs. i'm hoping all the input on this doesnt discourage anyone else from making a request of their own

that was simple to make  , i had the 3d model of the aircraft i had the AN/ALE-40 and had to change them a bit and i had the antenna and sensor from the air intake  ( somebody else requested a specific F-16 model so that is why i got them ) 

basically it was just adding the parts together and add some new items to make the whole thing work , if i would have to start from scratch i would not have done it or at least not in a morning , so dont worry it was not a difficult task , to make it as a fake pilot would have been much more difficult this way everything fits together like it should

this kind of request i got a lot , like many other modders to ( i assume ) ,  and if possible i will do the work , so keep asking for simple mods  :biggrin:

• Thanks 1

Just now, daddyairplanes said:

well you know that two seater B10 is still a thing :lol:

you should ask for simple mods only :lol:

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, ravenclaw_007 said:

you should ask for simple mods only :lol:

Totally agree with that.  For fairly simple items, I would suggest learning Blender or 3ds Max so you can make them yourself, just like some of us had to take that journey (yes, I'm talking about myself and still constantly learning from those more proficient).  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, swambast said:

Totally agree with that.  For fairly simple items, I would suggest learning Blender or 3ds Max so you can make them yourself, just like some of us had to take that journey (yes, I'm talking about myself and still constantly learning from those more proficient).  

I'll be honest with you the interface is overwhelming (both Max and Blender), which is why I do most of my modelling in Object Builder for the Arma games. It's not overwhelming and while not as extensive as Max or Blender, I do get stuff done, so I stick with that. Sure I'm tied to a particular game, but overall if I can make it work for that game, then I don't put much effort into Max or Blender. I mean I could sit down and try, but I just don't have that motivation anymore.

Edited by EricJ

3 hours ago, swambast said:

overall i am a fan of that theory, but as EricJ said some get quite overwhelmed by the interfaces of blender, or cannot find max 2009. this is for those folks who cannot tqake that step for whatever reason, but can work an image editor or an ini like noones business.

i'll also point out tho, the post you quoted was response to  a joke between ravenclaw and myself (even if made publicly)

• Like 1

Kinda off-topic lol.This makes me sigh. Now many game workflows are based on Blender, but I am more familiar with 3dsmax. Especially for Unreal Engine, many useful and convenient tools are designed for Blender, which has become an obstacle for me to do further modding.I'm young but not that young, and not that old either,daily life and work have taken up most of my time and energy, which makes it difficult for me to learn and adapt to Blender. The fact that TK's LOD exporter is based on 3dsmax is a lucky thing for me.

I can totally understand what DAD and EricJ are thinking.

Edited by simonmiller416
  • Like 1