-
Posts
2,123 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
28
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Downloads
Store
Everything posted by dtmdragon
-
Hawker Hunters over Korea - and other KAW 'what ifs'
dtmdragon replied to dtmdragon's topic in Sci-Fi/Anime/What If Forum
Cheers, It's not a bad mig killer in game to. I will release it soon. -
Hawker Hunters over Korea - and other KAW 'what ifs'
dtmdragon replied to dtmdragon's topic in Sci-Fi/Anime/What If Forum
-
Hawker Hunters over Korea - and other KAW 'what ifs'
dtmdragon replied to dtmdragon's topic in Sci-Fi/Anime/What If Forum
Much better with Invasion stripes! Going to do some yellow sabre style ones for fun and some with the normal F.1 camo -
Very cool :)
-
Thanks mate
-
Hawker Hunters over Korea - and other KAW 'what ifs'
dtmdragon replied to dtmdragon's topic in Sci-Fi/Anime/What If Forum
Ahh! brain fade! I forgot the invasion stripes on the Hunter! I know what I'll be doing tonight lol -
After loseing EVERYTHING on a double HD crash I have been taking it easy and playing KAW but I cant resist some 'what if' skinning! Fell free to post your own KAW 'what ifs' here too! KAW Hawker Hunter F.1A & F.1B In order to meet the Mig-15 threat over Korea and with no capable fighters currently in the RAF inventory the British Ministry of Supply instructs Hawker Aviation to undertake a crash production program of its P.1067 fighter. Project ‘Huntsman’. In less than a year since the prototype flew and two years ahead of schedule the Hawker Hunter is deployed to the Korean Theater in early 1952. Since the Hunter F.1 designation was already assigned to the first full production Hunters due into service in 1954, the Hunters produced under program ‘Huntsman’ are (unusually) designated Hunter F.1A These aircraft are basically identical to the future production Hunter F.1 the most obvious difference being that they are finished in High Speed Silver. However the lack of paint means these Hunters are 21 Mph faster and 53Kg lighter than the full production F.1 Hunters. Operations over Korea immediately highlighted the Hunters inherent shortcomings. Of most concern was its lack of fuel and endurance with barely an hour’s flight time. Also of concern was the damage done to the fuselage caused by the ejection of spent cartridge links. These concerns (among others) would be addressed in time by future models of the Hunter, but in the skies of Korea in 1952 the lack of range and endurance had to be immediately mitigated. And thus the Hunter F.1B is born with the addition of wing mounted drop tanks installed in theater. Hawker Hunter F.1A Royal Airforce No. 43 Squadron Korea Early 1952 Hawker Hunter F.1B Royal Airforce No. 43 Squadron Korea Late 1952 And some others F-86F-30 Sabre Royal New Zealand Airforce No. 75 Squadron Korea 1953 Meteor F.8 Royal New Zealand Airforce No. 75 Squadron Korea 1952 F9F-2 Panther Royal New Zealand Airforce No. 14 Squadron Korea 1952 (WWII Leand Lease RNZAF Pacific style markings)
-
This is an outstanding tool! I don't know how many hours I have spent guessing node names i the past etc, so thank you! I have only just started using it and I can access TW stock aircraft lods no problem but is it possible to access stock TW cockpit lods? If so how?
-
It's outstanding!!!!
-
Thanks guys, I swear I live under a rock sometimes lol
-
Hay guys, does anyone know the node name of the gun blisters that TW SF2 Hawker Hunter F.4 has? Dan.
-
Thanks for all the well wishes guys!
-
I second that!
-
5:28am this morning our 4th child and 3rd girl was born weighing in at 11 pounds! Mum and baby are happy, home and sound asleep
- 32 replies
-
- 10
-
-
-
-
Thanks
-
For some reason enemy aircraft are not showing up on my in game map screen, any idea why?
-
Double HD crash! Could be the end of SF2 for me :-(
dtmdragon replied to dtmdragon's topic in General Discussion
cheers for the sympathy guys I'm pretty gutted but from the ashes I shall rise! lol
