Dave

Anyone Else Get An Update Notification for SF2? -July 2013 patch

It's looking like the flap is linked to the spinner or a extra animation key? (Did that to the Hurri keyed the prop to the canopy by mistake).

a TK fix for the ailerons or the same community fix after the last patch?

TW fix, thankfully they got it right. My fav DLC to be honest.

Well, did a clean install and patched it to July-13.  Got the Starfighters flyable and no problems.

I did remind myself that I loathe the F-100 in campaign.

Yes, some problems there. The MiG-17 Fresco A that freeze also always in the loadout screen. One time that work, the next time that freeze the Sim.

For those interested, you can reinstall up to May 2013 and use the DLC and CAT files of July 2013 without any adverse effect, I haven't tested with July 2012 engine and July 2013 data though.

It seems a good compromise between the engine stability and the data improvements.

Of course for modded installs, all planes using stock LODs will have to have their data.ini upgraded because quite a few node names and hierarchies have been modified.

Edited by Gunrunner

For me, using the autoupdater, the download was 31 MB. (May 2013 -> Jul 2013

EDIT: Oh, boy!, Looks like TK's minor tweaks to improve performance = butchering toning down the damage model. Just look at the F-14 Data.ini - now F-14 uses F15 damaged LOD, bunch of damage  node related entries have been erased....I hope I'm wrong on this...

On the other hand broken off surfaces leave sticking out struts which I don't recall happening, say, a year ago... so perhaps Is I should eat my hat? O_o

Edited by SFP1Ace

On the other hand broken off surfaces leave sticking out struts which I don't recall happening, say, a year ago... so perhaps Is should eat my hat? O_o

It's just the F-14 which was probably a mistake, other planes(even AI) have the entries right where they were :wink:

Nah, when I put back the reference for F14 destroyed lod in  data.ini, no wreckage appeared when I crashed the Tomcat. Anyway F-15 wreck is close enough shape-wise to let it pass... :]

a "destroyed model" is quite different from "damage nodes" of the aircraft's main lod

the destroyed model is the dead bird burning on the ground

Yup, it was late night & I confused myself about Brain's post XD. Apart from the replaced destroyed.lod for the tomcat, all else seem fine or even better ;] Actually I'm gonna reinstall WoE at oct 2008 patch level just to check the damage modeling on phantoms for comparison with what we have now.

Edited by SFP1Ace

The hotfix seems to work.  Fired up custom campaign (Buccaneer/Ark Royal/Iceland), got BSD before, now it works, but I've only had time to try one mission so far.  Will test further...

Hotfix on page 3 ---> http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB3w/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9536&p=60122#p60122

EDIT:

Pffft - Ok, another mission, and i didn't get the BSD.  My machine just locked up and restarted.  Grrrrrrrrr.....

Edited by arthur666

Oh my God what I missed while I was away)))

Well, I am about to install a fresh new game on my recently bought laptop... is it a good idea to put up this patch at all or shall I stick to the jul 2012 ver?  Also, if I can help with testing things, and experimenting with the install I can do it... UNTIL I reinstall my own mods of course. I have win 8 and dirx 11, I am quite nervous whether it will run correctly..

Oh my God what I missed while I was away)))

Well, I am about to install a fresh new game on my recently bought laptop... is it a good idea to put up this patch at all or shall I stick to the jul 2012 ver?  Also, if I can help with testing things, and experimenting with the install I can do it... UNTIL I reinstall my own mods of course. I have win 8 and dirx 11, I am quite nervous whether it will run correctly..

Hey Snailman. 

Personally, I would patch up to May13 for now.  I had too many crashes with mods and the latest patch.  i will probably revert when i get some free time, or hopefully a new patch will be out.

YMMV...