Hello every Combat Ace members. I'm Antares

I fly whit all SF2 in full-5 merged but I would ask at modder members if is possible to build new realistic and detaile USN carriers .

I've a lot of photographic and technic documentation, so if you need I'm totaly available to send my material to help you .... Thanks a lot

post-59166-0-63222100-1380127429_thumb.jpg

Realistic and detailed to what end? There is a limit to how detailed a model can be, before it places too much of a demand on the average system.  Try Julhelm's Ulyanovsk, or Skatezilla's CVN-75.  Both are pretty much about as detailed a model as the game engine and the average system can handle, without taking a major hit in frame rates.

Now, if you're talking systems like animated arresting gear and catapult shuttles, well, that's not coded into the game engine, Put simply, the game would not know how to animate them.

Hello Fubar512,

Do you know if the Skatezilla's CVN-75 does have the fresnel lights system? And what's the main diferences from that to the stock game carriers?

Thank you for your attention.

why not just download it and find out? It's a VERY nice model!!!

Hello Fubar512,

Do you know if the Skatezilla's CVN-75 does have the fresnel lights system? And what's the main diferences from that to the stock game carriers?

Thank you for your attention.

I have an idea regarding the OLS, but I must tell you up front that it'll be global (it will not be correct for every model), and it won't operate exactly the same way that it does in real life.  You'll simply have a ball that appears level with the datum lights when you're inside of its visual cone.

Edited by Fubar512

Hello Wrench,

That really was my first thought, but the second is - I don't know if I'm ready to do that kind of tweaks without messing my installation, but I may give it a try.

I'm yet to learn things like: how to do if I want to replace it again with the old carrier, etc.

I've only went so far as installing other add-on aircraft and avionics.

Fubar512, I didn't even know it was supposed to different for each model, but as the stock carriers don't have OLS, this one caught my interest.

Thank you all.

Fubar512, I didn't even know it was supposed to different for each model, but as the stock carriers don't have OLS, this one caught my interest.

Thank you all.

The optical landing system, the catapults, and the arresting gear  all have different settings for each aircraft type, and for each aircraft configuration (fuel quantity, loadout. etc)

Edited by Fubar512

In real life, it is probably not as reassuring to look at as some of you might think!

ScarySht.jpg

Holy crap!

It would be cool to see the whole deck bathed in a dull Battle Stations Red at night tho

Proof-of-concept screen-shot.  Placing all those lights is going to suck, big time. 

img00293.JPG

This is where I am as of this evening. I do not have the free time, nor the patience to take this any further. I have sent what I have to a talented trio of modders, who will eventually finish this project.

img00297.JPG

Edited by Fubar512
  • Like 6

All carriers are night-capable...believe me, i crash Intruders on them quite often by night.  :angel:

• Like 1