SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: 16 Oct 15 - 09:10:23 PM
- Last Updated: 16 Jun 17 - 10:26:34 AM
- File Size: 16.38MB
- Views: 8070
- Downloads: 396
File Download Tweaked Flight Models and Realism Pack for FE2 8.96 Votes
first eagles 2 fe2 flight models fms tweaks modifications data files historical realism
Hello Gents & Fellow Flyers of First Eagles 2,
The zipped file I've uploaded contains over 180 modified data files that I use for aircraft that are available on the CombatAce website for First Eagles and FE2. I’m very pleased that we have a larger selection of aircraft for the WWI period than WOFF or ROF – well done modders and many thanks!
A detailed history of modifications per older version is included inside the ReadMe file. The current version (8.9) includes more FM updates to the Halb. D.V and Farman and Anatra types, and addition of MaxG limits for lift surfaces, also damage rating and structural factor tweaks (where necessary), across the rest of the data inis. New plane types include a 200HP Albatros D.Va, a Spandau-armed Fokk. E.II, also the Etrich Taube, as well as very early Morane Parasol types. Also included are more subtle wind speed modifications for greater realism in the environsys file, as well as wind speed sound tweaks in the aircraft object ini file, and new wind/stall sounds - for greater immersion and so that differences between indicated airspeed and speed relative to the ground can be spotted.
A great many thanks go out to Peter01 and Ojcar (also TexMurphy) for making most of those flight model files to begin with. Also a great thanks goes out to Stephen1918, MontyCZ and Laton for providing lots of beautiful planes and skins that go with those great flight models, to NBell for the many hitbox improvements provided for the planes, and also to VonOben and Mike Dora for many helpful suggestions.
Please read the thorough "READ_ME" I've included in the zipped file for more detailed information about the tweaks/modifications I've applied to the data files and the results of those tweaks, although I've included a quick overview below.
Modifications in most cases include the following:
(a) Service Start and End Dates
(b) Data under the FlightControl Section (especially for such things as Pitch and RollDamper, also MaxG forces, MachLimit, MaxSpeedSL, etc.)
(c ) EngineSoundName (modify this to fit your own engine sounds; mine are set to the sound files I use for my installs of FE2)
(d) Data under the AIData section (such things as ElevatorDeltaPitch to minimize "porpoising," also Throttle Speed and Velocity, also RollForHeadingRate to make ailerons less "twitchy"; RudderForHeading and YawRate and SideSlip have also been tweaked in many of the files, either for less or more sensitivity)
(e) DefaultArmorThickness under the AircraftData section has been tweaked/changed; also tweaked under the same section in rare cases has been the EmptyMass entry (this last one in relation sometimes to what is listed under "f" below); in very rare cases, inertia settings and overall surface area for the aircraft have also been tinkered with here
(f) Under the Engine section much time was spent tweaking the Prop RPMs to historical values whenever possible, in conjunction with tweaking of the overall engine output under ideal conditions (the SLPowerDry setting)
(g) In some cases sensitivity was also modified under the Aileron, Elevator and Rudder Control sections further down in the data files, particularly of min/max deflection of moving surfaces, and rarely of wing mass fractions too
Enjoy and happy flying!,
What's New in Version 8.9 (See full changelog)
- Version 1.5, Oct. 18, 2015 - Further tweaks applied to the Pfalz and Fokker Eindeckers, also to the Morane Bullets and the Dr.1. See the "Read Me" in the attached zip file for more info.
- Version 2.0, Oct. 24, 2015 - Nieuport 11 and 17bis added, also the Pfalz E.III (Parasol), the Fokker Eindecker Ia, and several other important modifications. See the newest "Read Me" in the attached zip for info. and instructions.
- Version 3.0, Nov. 22, 2015 - Several new plane types added, including the DH4, DH9, BE2 types, Nieuport 24bis, SPAD 12, other SPAD types, and Hansa-Brandenburg variants. Read the latest "Read Me" that's included for more thorough info. and installation instructions.
- Version 3.0a, Nov. 26, 2015 - An extra space was by error included after the INI in the Morane N (80HP) data files in the Italian, Western, and Middle Eastern theatres in the "DataFilesAdditionsVer2" folder; that problem was already solved for the 3.0 upload of Nov. 22; one or two of those Morane N data files also had an extra space in the subfolders located under "DataFilesAdditions" (which is the Ver1.5 folder), as I noticed today - that problem has now been solved too and is reflected in the latest upload. If you don't want to be troubled by manual removal of that extra space in those Morane N files, simply download the latest zipped file included here.
- Version 4.0, Jan. 2, 2016 - Several new plane types added, and several previous models tweaked further. Please read the included "Read Me" for more info., and also the description here on the download page (for "Ver4").
- Version 5.0, Jan. 6, 2016 - Successful modifications of my previously tweaked line of Pfalz Eindeckers (their tail skids no longer get "stuck"). Also included now are a Caudron G.4 for the Middle East theatre, as well as a Nieuport 17bis for the same theatre (some of these types were in possession of the Ottoman Air Service by late '17/early '18). Please read the included and thorough "Read Me" for more info.
- Version 6.0, Feb. 16, 2016 - Several additions and tweaks included for the Italian Theatre, particularly the Jan Tuma line of Oeffag Albatroses. Please look over the included "Read Me" for more thorough info. regarding tweaks and added aircraft.
- Version 6.5, Feb. 27, 2016 - Includes corrections to top speeds for the Fokker E.Ia and IIa, and for the Fokker D.7 and BMW-powered D.7. Also to be found in the latest version are early Fokker types such as the B.I and B.II, in the relevant theatres. Please read the relevant version section of the updated and included "Read Me" for more thorough info. on the latest additions.
- Version 6.9, Mar. 10, 2016 - Includes corrections to the top speeds of the Fokker Dr.1 for the Western theatre and addition of one more Dr.1 power plant variant besides the Jacobs one, also a Nieuport 10 in the relevant theatres. The "enhanced" Dr.1s are now standalone installs, allowing more than one variant to show up in game at the same time, also in the game menu. Please check over the relevant section of the "Read Me" file for more detailed info. on the latest additions.
- Version 7.0, Apr. 14, 2016 - Includes several modifications, such as a new, separate folder for the Morane-Saulnier I in the Eastern theatre, shorter service dates for the Russian Morane-Saulnier N that has now been included there too, a separate folder for the Pfalz E.II in the relevant theatres, more realistic service ceilings for the early parasol and mid-wing types by Morane-Saulnier and Pfalz, addition of the Sopwith Tabloid and early Martinsyde for the Middle Eastern theatre, also the late-war 375HP DH.4 for the Western theatre and Lebed 12 for the Eastern theatre. As well included are hitbox improvements by NBell in the relevant data ini files and pilot skin changes for some of the earlier monoplane types. Please read the relevant section for "Ver7" of the included "Read Me" file for more detailed info. regarding tweaks and added aircraft.
- Version 7.5, May 6, 2016 - Includes several more hitbox improvements for relevant types, done by NBell. Also included are tweaks to the DH.2, corrections to the early Martinsyde, tweaks to the Halb. D.5, addition of a general "aircraftaidata" ini file for your objects folder to help with early monoplane types, and the addition of four new aircraft, the Martinsyde G.102, also three seaplanes for the Flanders map - the Sopwith Baby, Hanriot D.2 and Albatros W.4. Please read the relevant section of the included "Read Me" file (now in pdf form) for more detailed info. regarding the latest additions.
- Version 7.9, May 15, 2016 - Includes several hitbox updates by NBell for relevant types, improved pilot seating for the Morane types N and I, engine exhaust fume addition for the Fokker E.IIa, further FM tweaking of the Hanriot D.I and Halb. D.V types, also the introduction of the commonly used Nieuport 17 C.1 and individual aircraft folders (per nation) for the common C.1 type, for the Western theatre. As well added is a Siemens-Schuckert D.I “mod” of the Nieu. 17 for the Eastern theatre, and further tweaks to the 17bis type added in previous versions. Please read the relevant section of the included "Read Me" file (now in pdf form) for more detailed info. regarding the latest additions.
- Version 8.0, June 4, 2016 - A large realism update with historical rates of fire, realistic ammo. loads, re-linked data ini files that correspond with the gun expansions, also new sounds, a reworked hud display, new hitbox improvements by NBell, and some tweaks to engine exhaust and fire location on the Fokker Eindeckers, including more historical ceilings for later Nieuport types and Camels. Please read the relevant section of the included "Read Me" file for more detailed info. and installation instructions.
- Version 8.5, Aug. 30, 2016 - A few new plane types added (Fokk. E.IV, the late Nieu. 16 with Vickers, an early "radiator ears" Alb. D.II, the BE12 and 12a types), the Halb. D.V further tuned, and other tweaks such as a modified general aircraft ai data ini file included. Please consult the relevant section of the included "Read Me" file for more detailed info. and installation instructions.
- Version 8.6, Dec. 25, 2016 - A few new plane types added (Nieu. 17 Lewis, Nieu. 23 Lewis, Nieu. 23bis, Nieu. 12), structural aspects improved on Morane monoplanes and the Nieuport family (damage rating, maxg limits, etc.), and other modifications included to help improve engine fire chances, also environmental tweaks for realistic cloud heights and better frame rates on low-end/integrated graphics cards. Please consult the relevant section of the included "Read Me" file for more thorough info. and detailed installation instructions.
- Version 8.7, Feb. 5, 2017 - Farman types added, also MaxG limits for lift surfaces, and where relevant damage rating and structural factor tweaks, also ailerons/elevator/rudder tuning, across the Albatros line, the SPADs, Hanriots, early Parasol and mid-wing types (Morane, Fokker, and Pfalz), and the later Fokker types too. Tweaked parachute effects are also included. Please consult the relevant section of the included "Read Me" file for more info. and detailed installation instructions.
- Version 8.9, June 16, 2017 - A few new planes added (200HP Alb. D.Va, Spandau-armed Fokk. E.II, Etrich Taube, early Morane Parasol types), also MaxG limits for lift surfaces, and damage rating and structural factor tweaks implemented across the rest of the data inis. Further FM updates to the Farman and Anatra types, and Halb. D.V, are included. As well added are modifications to wind speeds, for greater realism, and changes to wind speed sounds and speeds in the aircraft object ini file, for greater immersion and spotting of differences between indicated airspeed and speed relative to ground. New wind/stall sounds are included, also new sounds for the 100 and 200HP (auv) Mercedes engines. Please consult the included "Read Me" file for more thorough info. and installation instructions.
- 12,599 Total Files
- 802 Total Categories
- 906 Total Authors
- 5,931,929 Total Downloads
- RAAF No.77 Sqn Meteor F8 Korean War(Aug 1951) Latest File
- regula50 Latest Submitter
187 user(s) are online
24 members, 161 guests
Bodcap8, gambit168, Bing (1), Yahoo (1), claudiolj45, casi, edave, derpface, hhaiderr, +renren92, darkknight505, kosmo92, nap, mdatelmi, wilmartson, mehlmehlmehl, DADO, Crawford, otttaviomar, +Spillone104, damson, misalmar, PilotUnKnown, +japanduke, jockgit64, daboboye