- Create a pilot Choose a country to fly for
- Choose a campaign start date
- Choose a rank
- Choose a squadron
- Fly in a scout, recon or bomber squadron
Create a Pilot:
- His name and rank.
- His status.
- His victories – the type and date they were scored.
- Squadron placement is fairly accurate but does not change
- Aircraft assignments will be accurate within game limitations.
- Yes, every Allied recon squadron is flying Breguets – including the British.
- … and every German recon squadron is flying DFWs.
- Updates will be made ASAP as aircraft come online.
Generate a mission:
- RoFCampaign generates a mission in the RoF “Missions” directory in the form .mission
- You fly the mission in RoF
- Members of your squadron are assigned to the mission.
- Friendly and enemy flights are generated.
- Mission parameters are varied.
- You may or may not lead depending on your status in the squadron.
- Ground or air start.
- See your squadron.
- Their rank.
- How many missions they have flown.
- How man victories they have.
- Assign individual skins to your squadron mates.
- Assign historically accurate skins at a squadron level.
- Transfer to a different squadron
- Take a leave
- Fight with and against historical aces.
- See how you stack up.
- Assign historically accurate skins to aces.
By regula50Nieuport 17 two training missions
For Rise of Flight
Two training missions for the Nieuport 17.
1-Take off and landing
Install instructions in readme
Folder input included curve(responses)for the Nieuport 17.
For install and activation, see readme.
Happy flights and enjoy
By NixouRealistic gun sounds for Rise of flight.
FMOD sound program used in Rise of flight offers unlimited possibilities in matters of sound performance/accuracy/realism, although it's not open to modding.
This mod replaces original machinegun sounds with high quality real maxim/lewis gun recordings
(courtesy of C2builder) to get the most realistic and qualitative result possible.
Several youtube presentations here:
By PantherculesSet of sector maps for Rise of Flight (Western Front) for use on iPhone or iPad or similar device. Based upon excellent map file created by Bandy and released March 2012 - subdivided into sector maps by Panthercules.
By VascoA 7-page document produced to offer the player a basic understanding of the operation ofdefensive armament of multi-seat aircraft in Rise of Flight.
The sections cover setting up the basic controls, how to use the available gunsights, the use of TrackIR in the Observer’s position, crewing aircraft offline and online, and the use of voice communications in multiplayer games.
By NixouThis is a skin for Rise of flight's nieuport 17. It represents a Nieuport 24 bis of the Cigognes squadron
with overpowered clerget 130 engine boosted to 150 HP. Nungesser used such aircraft.
Small Youtube presentation here:
For better cooling the casserole has been opened.
Installation: Place "data" folder into your rise of flight directory.
By BandyUPDATED: These maps now have all the villages that appear rendered in game in No-Man's-Land (but not on the in-game map), as well as names for most rivers and canals, and a scale and compass rose.
This zipped file contains 8 smaller scale, well detailed, easily legible and printable on 8.5" x 11" paper, 'sector' map files for Rise of Flight.
To my knowledge these maps are NOW the most up to date and accurate maps based on the in-game map itself, and reflect village, town, and city updates that came with the fall tiles patch.
If you wish a copy of the master Photoshop file, see the other download here.
Thanks to the developers for such a beautiful flight simulator, and to all the third party contributors. Thanks to Combat Ace, my first flight sim home.
By BandyThis file is an updated version of the whole Rise of Flight Map in Photoshop format. The original RoF Photoshop map file is available at the official forum, but is out of date for place names etc... Both files are really big, around 1.3 GB, and may crash weaker systems, so beware.
I have updated all airfield/village/town/city names and placements according to the in-game map, as well as painstakingly added and named those villages in No-Man's-Land that do not show up on the in-game map.
I have also added names for most of the river and canals, as well as a few famous forests involved in WWI such as 'Bois de Ploegsteert' (Battle of Paschendale), and lakes and ponds where it seemed appropriate.
Warning: there may be mistakes in exact location or spelling of names. Let me know and I will correct them.
And finally, I have made personal changes to the graphical appearance of the map. It may not suit your taste, so simply copy the 'style' of the original map layers, or just copy the updated 'NAMES & AIRFIELDS' layer from my file to the original RoF map file.
Many thanks to the developers for releasing the original PS file, and for such a beautiful simulator.
By BandyThis is a historical skin (see image insert), although the Nationality is unknown. Online opinions vary; it could be a Russian N17, although the cockade under the upper wing in the B&W photo suggests a red outer circle.