About This File
***This is a replacement for the previous version 1.0***
This is a modification to the original bombing range to make the home base airfield a likeness of Nellis AFB and take advantage of some of the new Hi-Res Desert textures now available. It also includes some of the objects from the Mescalero Proving Grounds range made By ChampionsVA56.
Nellis AFB is located alot farther South on the map that the original base was. This should eliminate getting aggressor A/C right over Nellis as you take off.
A few drone and aggressor Aircraft are included in this download. You'll see these flying around the range, and parked at the Range Airfield. All weapons have been removed, or they are equiped with training missles
so they won't hurt you.
Only hostile aircraft with a "NationName=RANGE" or "AGRS" will show up on this terrain.
A modified version of the NATIONS.INI file has been included. It is the stock file with the "RANGE" and "AGRS" nations added. You need the "RANGE" nation defined if you want the drone's showing up and need the AGRS nation for the Aggressor A/C.
Provided your other terrains have their "LimitedNations" setup, you won't see the drones's or Aggressor A/C anywhere except the Range. A modified version of the SQUADRONLIST.INI is included with the USAF Thunderbirds squadron added.
The bombing range targets use the layout of the Mescalero Proving Grounds range and the drones and Aggressor A/C use its runway to launch and recover. Note: the target area that was known as the
Warehouse Targets is now Friendly and is a called the Range Control Facility. When you choose to do a Close Support mission, your tanks will be lined up defending it from the enemy tanks.
One thing that is a "feature" not a bug, is that you will have Friendly A/C spawning from Nellis, sometimes right when you are, as Escort or SEAD flights. You cannot collide with them and they will go right thru you as applicable.
Steve "Hurc" Crane
What's New in Version 2.0
- Renamed the folder and associated data files to "Nellis_Range" - this means it no longer overwrites the original
- Range terrain. You can now have both if you want in your terrains.
- Added missing fuel tanks to range airfield.
- Corrected misspelled GoundObjects to the correct GroundObject
- Added missing sounds and effects for the included aircraft
- Added a missing SA2 Inert Missile
- Added a new MISSIONCONTROL.INI - All default flight altitudes are raised so you
- shouldn't hit the dirt after an Alt+N fast forward on a Recon flight.
- Fixed the odd line on the horizon (thanks to PureBlue/Starys fix info)
- Added missing Credits info