About This File
Italian Terrain WW1 V2.0
- Removed ships that show up on land
- Added fortresses (Austrian & Italian)
- Changed ocean tiles
- Minor corrections
The Italian Front during WW1 refers to a series of battles fought between 1915 and 1918 in northern Italy between the armies of Austria-Hungary and Germany against Italy.
Italy hoped that by joining the countries of the Triple Entente against the Central Powers it would gain Cisalpine Tyrol (today's provinces of Trentino and South Tyrol), the Austrian Littoral, northern Dalmatia and some areas of western Carniola.
Italy had hoped to begin the war with a surprise offensive intended to move quickly and capture several Austrian cities.
Well, the war soon bogged down into trench warfare similar to the Western Front fought in France.
- Italian terrain/front WW1
- Ground objects
- Italian campaign 1915-1917 (incl. needed skins)
Q: Is the scale of the map correct
Q: Why not the Piave river front, in order to create late 1917/1918 scenarios?
Q: Are all the named towns and cities correct (placement and naming)
A: Yes as good as it gets.
Q: Does it include more than one season?
A: No, currently not. Might be released with version 2
Q: Is the frontline correct?
A: Yes as good as it gets, representing late 1917 with certain omissions in order to get targets for the campaigns (like Monfalcone being Austro-Hungarian)
Q: The river Isonzo seems to cut through the mountains, is that correct?
A: To a certain degree, but I had to modify massively the heightmap in order to make things look right (e.g. river not flowing up/down the mountains)
Q: The northern part of the map, e.g. toward Munich, seems without further towns?
A: Correct. All forests and lakes are there but apart from the major cities (Salzburg & Munich) I've not yes included smaller towns.
1. Make a backup copy of your First Eagles folder (just in case)
2. Extract the file into a temporary folder (like c:\temp\)
3. Copy all the relevant folders into the respective First Eagles game folders
(example: c:\temp\First Eagles\Terrain\wwiItaly into your c:\Program Files\First Eagles\Terrain folder)
4. Drop the skin folders into the respective aircraft folders and add the included lines into the aircraft ini file
- FE Gold (might work also with FE2, sorry guys don't know), with the latest patch
- Aircraft for the included campaign:
As usual i want to say thank you to all guys who helped me to create the Italian terrain, to TK, Jan Tuma, Stephen1918, ojcar, Gepard, Heck, geo, quack74, Edward, A-Team (airplanes not included), Guitarclassic55 (for the wonderful menu) and a lot of others.
Sorry guys, at the moment i have forgotten the names. Please contact me if you want to be named at this place.
Thanks for files, suggestions, bug findings etc.
The Italian terrain is freeware.
You are free to modify and share it, BUT Commercial use is prohibited.
If you find bugs please post them in First Eagles section of Combatace.com forum.
Hope you enjoy it.
What's New in Version 2.0
- V 2.0 - Removed ships (only static now) and added Austrian and Italian fortresses. Added bridges, and improved various stuff
- V 1.1 - Tilemap and targets
- V 1.0 - Tilemap finished
- V 0.5 - DEM with correct heights
- V 0.2 - DEM prototype
- V 0.1 - Prototype