About This File
SF2 Jane's USAF Hi-Res 1024x768 Menu Screens and Music!
The Janes' Combat Flight Simulation Series! Every flight Sim'mer worth their wings remembers those! My favorite was the USAF! This package pays tribute to that old beautiful bird. It took me awhile to create this, so feedbacks and ratings would be highly appreciated...Enjoy!
This mod includes custom "Jane's USAF" themed menu screens, pilots and music. This mod uses customized INI files to drive the sights and sounds of the Strike Fighter 2 interface to look like Jane's USAF.
Unzip the package and preview the new screens before installing them. I recommend doing this as there are MANY alternate screens I have in there that you might like better (More on this later).
If you choose to install this package, I recommend that you back up (copy) your FLIGHT, MENU and PILOTDATA folders in the SF2 Mod folder you're installing this package into. Just in case you want to go back to your original setup.
* To install, simply unzip and copy the uncompressed FLIGHT, MENU and PILOTDATA folders to your StrikeFighter2 mod folder. I designed this package for SF2 Europe, but it should work for all SF2 series games.
My StrikeFighter2 mod on Win97 64-bit was..(yours may be different)...
C:\Users\<your_id>\Saved Games\Thirdwire\StrikeFighter2 Europe\
* To remove, simply delete the active FLIGHT, MENU and PILOTDATA folders and replace with the back up copies you made prior to the install.
* Extras and additional info...
In the MENU folder, you will find three (3) other folders...
1) Alternates Folder - Contains "Alternate" Campaign, Options, Pilot, and Single Mission screens. If you like one of these better, just copy them to the main "MENU" folder and rename them to the correct names...
...for whichever files you are changing...
2) Music-Jets Folder - Contains alternate sound package. If the default music is too much for you, just copy the contents of this file into the default "MENU" folder. Most of the music will be replaced with jet sounds.
3) Music-On Folder - Contains the default INI files that will turn on all the music again.
What's New in Version Version 2 (Final?)
- Version 1
- Initial (and final?) Release
- Version 2
- Corrected typo on MainScreen
- Version 2 03/31/2015
- No change to download files, just typo correction in the description