About This File
RoCAF was the sole foreign airforce ouside USA that used U-2. Several were downed over China.
Here some history: http://www.taiwanairpower.org/u2/
5 new RoCAF skins Blue/Black with proper decalset for Pasko/Wrench edition plane: http://combatace.com/files/file/11575-lockheed-u-2a-for-sf2/
[due the secret operations involved there are no many entries and good pictures, so I made my best]
A new tga loadout image
Some data.Ini tweakings:
- Export set on TRUE and edited to let RoCAF proper usage;
- Woking canopy (key=10), autoclosing at take off and opened when plane is parked (Thanks Mue for outstanding lod-viewer!)
- Great Viper63a pilot inside, grab here with Cia Black skin http://combatace.com/files/file/15894-black-skin-for-u-2a/
Old stock skins and old USAF black for SF1 by HI-HO Silver edited (upper canopy frame color) and converted to jpg. Decals randomized and a better danger one included.
Inside U-2A aircraft folder delete original CiA and USAF skins, and U-2_loadout.bmp.
Install Viper63a pilot and sure his CIA Skin too.
Simply overwrite to mod content on your mod install
- Pasko for the old but gold model;
- Hi-Ho Silver for original SF-1 Usaf Black skin;
- Wrench for SF-2 porting;
- Mue for his umbeliable lod viewer: the tool of the century!
- Viper63a for his pilot (not included) and for make me reinstall this plane on my new PC!
- paulopanz for RoCAF skins, decals, edits and tweakings
I made some years ago these skins that now refreshed and upgraded for clashes over Formosa/Taiwan campaign
To use this plane in game as a target or in a campaign a proper high quote mission type should be needed.
I tried to ask Tk, when he answered us needing our money, to include but he denied because it couldn't be funny.
I don't think so and as we have several strategic recon plane like Yak-25 or SR-71 and RB-57R (never uploaded!) if someone could add this mission type to the game (i can't say how) he would be very welcome.
At the moment some good intercept missions for example for the MiG-19SV should be very useful to use this beauty.
That's all volks!