About This File
In 2014, the Polish MoD decided to replace the fleet of Polish Air Force's ageing MiG-29s, which were becoming more and more obsolete and not suitable with the requirements of modern combat. The new promising Swedish design of an upgraded JAS-39 was chosen and the deliveries began in 2018 with 64 aircraft purcahsed in total, both one- and two-seaters.
That's the little background story. The mod itself includes the E and F versions of the aircraft. It is generally based on USAF Gripen NG mod by @dtmdragon which you can find here https://combatace.com/files/file/16048-f-39ab-griffin-blk-15-gripen-ng-for-the-us/?tab=comments
The pack includes:
- 22 Baza Lotnictwa Taktycznego (Tactical Air Base) skin with the "Knight flagship" paintscheme (aircraft no. 6036)
- 23 Baza Lotnictwa Taktycznego skin with the "Kosciuszko flagship" paintscheme (aircraft no. 6020)
- 23 Baza Lotnictwa Taktycznego special NATO Tiger Meet paintscheme
- 22 Baza Lotnictwa Taktycznego paintscheme
- 23 Baza Lotnictwa Taktycznego paintscheme
All respective credits go to the creators of the original Gripen model, you will find the list here, many thanks to them: https://combatace.com/files/file/14351-tsf-saab-jas-39-gripen-flygvapnet-package/
Important note: the aircraft in this pack DO NOT use 100% accurate Gripen NG models but rather modified JAS-39C/D. I am not a 3D modder and I couldn't make one myself.
To install, unpack the zip archive and paste the contents of "to mod folder" folder into your game's mod folder. Read the Knowledge Base for more instructions. The mod was created and tested with the full 5 install of SF2 with the latest patch.
You can use and distribute the contents of this mod ONLY as freeware. Remember to give credits to the authors.