yakarov79 Posted September 4 Posted September 4 I checked what I was given from that unfinished bundle..Mostly Japanese blast. Around 24 different aircraft models..plus some Royal aircraft. In different states of progress. Never had many chances to look into everything. One day.
Wrench Posted September 5 Author Posted September 5 well, don't misplace them ... I know there's some IJAAF/IJN birds we could use (even with importing from RS -- some of them need a lot of ini work)
allenjb42 Posted September 5 Posted September 5 (edited) On 9/4/2026 at 4:43 PM, yakarov79 said: I tend to do things...from different buckets. Usually after reading a book, watching a movie, or something... Me too. I watched https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/81616273?s=i&trkid=264200291&vlang=en&trg=cp https://www.imdb.com/title/tt36643714/ and spent the next two weeks putting together a SF2: IndiaPakistan install and binge watching Bollywood war movies! Edited September 5 by allenjb42 Added an IMDb link 2
Wrench Posted September 5 Author Posted September 5 that was a good film. netflix also has a very good documentary on the retirement of the MiG-21s too. Actualy, several war movies from India that look pretty good. 2
Flanker562 Posted September 5 Posted September 5 On 9/4/2026 at 2:36 PM, Wrench said: All the Jugs have been done already by Cocas and meself. But I thank you nonetheless!! SO I understand you don't need me to get anything? Or I do? 1
Wrench Posted September 6 Author Posted September 6 1 hour ago, Flanker562 said: SO I understand you don't need me to get anything? Or I do? Not for right now, I thinks. If I do, you'll be my first call!! 1
Major Lee Posted September 6 Posted September 6 Gentlemen, where are these 3D model sites of which you speak?
DoctorQuest Posted September 6 Posted September 6 Turbosquid is mentioned earlier in the thread. A search for "aircraft 3d model" turned up quite a number. 1
yakarov79 Posted September 6 Posted September 6 (edited) But beware that many "free models" (examples are on Sketchfab) are rips from games. So it is really good to explore origins of the model. Though...on Sketchfab, many ripped models are described as ripped, so it is really easy to figure out... If i may suggest ... that before purchasing model, contact 3d guy - if he/she has time...and let him/her figure out whether the model you are proposing will fit SF2 standards. Edited September 6 by yakarov79 2 1
Flanker562 Posted September 6 Posted September 6 Yeah the contact I talked to for the Super Hornet was more concerned about it in a format that can't be ripped, but these days it's impossible to prevent it. Other than that he had no issue. 1
Wrench Posted September 6 Author Posted September 6 8 hours ago, yakarov79 said: But beware that many "free models" (examples are on Sketchfab) are rips from games. So it is really good to explore origins of the model. Though...on Sketchfab, many ripped models are described as ripped, so it is really easy to figure out... If i may suggest ... that before purchasing model, contact 3d guy - if he/she has time...and let him/her figure out whether the model you are proposing will fit SF2 standards. THIS is Excellent Advice (tm). Given the state of gaming, and the proliferation of, well, theft, This Is The Way 1 1
Flanker562 Posted September 6 Posted September 6 I mainly stick to TurboSquid, because I feel safe more or less buying models, than Sketchfab or other places. 1 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now