Sign in to follow this  
Mannie

Is SimHQ down again?

Hi anybody.

I'm trying to get to SimHQ forums and the site doesn't load.

Was it under attack in the last few hours?

Can't get in either, but have no idea as to why. It seems like when summer comes, hackers go to work. Even the space flight sim forums I visit, have been under attack from some spammers, and are down for a bit. These clowns have got to get a life!

WTF is wrong with people.....us now them.

I can't get in either. Happened within the last hour or two. Hmmmmm.....

Dave ......you testing nukes again???? :rofl:

No I am not, but after all the BS about me being a mean guy to everyone I might get accused of it...

No I am not, but after all the BS about me being a mean guy to everyone I might get accused of it...

Mean guy? Nahh...sometimes its just better to count ten....or twenty before hitting the send button. But of course, do as I say, not as I do? There's another guy that posted on that same thread that I've about had enough of myself but I ain't nobody to say anything. :no:

Friggin' spyware all over and hackers with a bug up their butt.

What is our interweb coming to?

I hope all the little goombahs get Al-Zarqwi'd, soon...

Mean guy? Nahh...sometimes its just better to count ten....or twenty before hitting the send button. But of course, do as I say, not as I do? There's another guy that posted on that same thread that I've about had enough of myself but I ain't nobody to say anything. :no:

RANT ON

The thing is I shouldnt have to count to 20, its my right to say hey, look at the next page and there is your answer. I am not about to start policing what I say. If that guys is bugging you, then tell him. WTF are you afraid of, getting banned? Screw that, as someone told me, if the shoes fits. After yesterday I am done being Mr Nice Guy. I have done more than my share of helping the community and how dare anyone call me out on that. It isnt brain surgery, just take a minute to flip through a couple pages of the forum to see whats. going on. Is it that freakin's hard? My god the posts were on top of the second page. It took longer to type the post than to go to the 2nd page. :rtfm:

RANT OFF

God I feel better.

The site is back up and running.

Just gut into it a minute ago.

Was at SimHQ earlier,,noticed page loading very slow,,had that bad feeling.... :dry:

But on a happier note,,,just got my copy of WOE today at Best Buys.... :)

Hope the sites get back to normal soon...

They used to & apparently they are planning to bring it back.

They used to & apparently they are planning to bring it back.

what's it at now...? Something like 8 or 9 months or so since it was up...?

it's actually years in terms of a decent, reasonably comprehensive & upto date download section - once upon a time it was probably the place for downloads for most sims.

I don't know why SimHQ would even bother reviving its download section. Other download sites have taken up the slack.

I don't know why SimHQ would even bother reviving its download section. Other download sites have taken up the slack.

That's what I was thinking...they seem to get great traffic without the downloads. I'd think it would be more of a hassle at this point.

Besides, I'd rather be here for my downloads...

FastCargo

The only reason I've had to use SimHQ is to get the Tornado F.3 for SFP. Even then, most places I can access the web from can't seem to find that page and even then it's 50/50 as to if the link is broken. I'll get the F.3... one day... :yes:

Guest Saganuay82

F.3? What do you want? Is that the old model for SFP1? Or is this some other game?

iirc it's not a proper F.3 model though, just the IDS with data./ini edits etc.

IIRC, they mentioned the DL section at SHQ will be back later this year. No word yet on specifics or what it will have.

As mentioned, though, most stuff is already here. :grin:

Guest Saganuay82

It really doesn't matter if SHQ is down or not. Only thing that is good there is the archives and their search system sucks the big one now.

F.3? What do you want? Is that the old model for SFP1? Or is this some other game?

Yeah, I'm guessing its the old buggy one that was released a year or two ago. Another user here was kind enough to email a copy to me but it was detected as a virus and neutered by my email account! :sad:

And being a former Librarian, I'm particular about my search engines and theirs sucks balls! I mean there are universal elements to (decent) alphanumeric search engines that it doesn't even use...

Guest Saganuay82

The IDS with edits? To add Sidewinders?