Sign in to follow this  

I'm building a Fouga Magister, but can't find any sources on where the weapon pylons are mounted.

Can anyone help.Thanks.

Here a wip

mag1dc8.jpg

Hey that looks dam good man! Keep up the good work! :smile:

Keep it up man!! Looking GREAT!!!

I'm looking forward to flying this little bird!

It was also in Belgian service, maybe someone can make a Belgian paintscheme for it??

Regards, Kodiak.

Woohooooooooo!! Looking GREAT!!!! :clapping:

Guest Sony Tuckson

If no volunteer shows up, I'll give it a try for a belgian skin or two

you can drop me a pm to exchange files if you want.

very nice kkdfos :)

This was the a/c that was dreaded by UN ground forces during 1961 Congo operations.Couple of them were destroyed by IAF Canberras during the operations.

I'm getting some artifacts in game which don't appear in Max.Anyone know the cause?

image1mv9.jpg

Guest capun

Hard to say, but it could be decal bleed. Are the Israeli decal painted or the stock game. If they are stock game decals, it could be bleeding.

Guest capun

A couple of solutions.

First the problem is probably caused by some gaps or some stray faces/vertices

- Solution #1 is to try to find the stray vertices/faces and gaps

- Solution #2 is to select those faces (ignore backfacing) and detach them into another mesh. Then link the mesh back to the original so they stay in place.

Alternatively you can divide the mesh into a couple of meshes, the second one including the faces that are showing the bleed.

#1 is sometimes a PITA since some of the problems are hard to find. #2 is the easier and in most case is better since now you can have more decals (4 max per mesh). Downside is that you may have to fiddle with the decals.ini if one of the decals is in the new mesh (name change)

Guest Saganuay

Don't know the aircraft very well but its good to see it here. Diversity is the the spice of SFP1.

I've found the problem, the LOD I was using was exported using the no decals option. :blush2:

Guest capun

Careful

Look at the size of the LOD when exported with decals, it is much larger than the one exported w/o decals.

We had this problem before, so we ended up exporting w/o decals and going around the decal bleed.

With the Export w/decals, the game load is much longer and the fps gets a hit, in some cases/systems, it would CTD

How's the magister coming along? So far, this looks like a great bird.

Now this is wonderfull !!! My brother in law flew it during his training at Brustem AB in Belgium back in the sixties and it has been a very regular guest at our RNlAF Open Days until even last year with an extremely elegant show routine flown by our BAF friends.....

We have civilian examples operating over here in Diables Rouges (BAF Demo Team) outfit

Great !!!! :yes:

Derk

Wow, original post from 2 years ago...

Hope we see this little bird; always thought they loooked cool. It's that V-tail kinda thing!

Wrench

kevin stein

I haven't worked on it for a while because I didn't think the qualty was sufficient,I intend to remake it soon.

If anyone wants the LOD, max file and some textures in a 5MB rar send me a messege.

Ah ah someone is speaking about me ! :biggrin: No joke, if you're interested in it, NGHENGO has started a Fouga a few month ago.

Ah ah someone is speaking about me ! :biggrin: No joke, if you're interested in it, NGHENGO has started a Fouga a few month ago.

Yes but itson the back burner because he is working on 2 or 3 other projects at the moment

I'm getting some artifacts in game which don't appear in Max.Anyone know the cause?

image1mv9.jpg

hello,

look good.. to avoid decals bleeding.. easy. cut fuselage engine to multiple lod (Leftengin-Fuse-rightengine) and cut inside parts.

:good: