I just thought of a neat fantasy plane...Su-27XL. An Su-27 with a cranked-arrow delta like the F-16XL. :grin:

By the way (ive mentioned it before but still no joy) does the weapons pack have any russian Lgb´s?

I believe it does. I saw them come up on one of the mods not too long ago. either the SU-17 mod by someone to bring it up to an Su-17b4 level or on the Mig-29S model that's out there somewhere.

the Yak-41 package has a Soviet 500 kg LGB included

There are LGBs, but I found recently that there is no Kh-41, I had to use an AGM-84A for a place holder :blink:

I think should wait until such a deal is finalized. If it ever happens. Nothing wrong about fictional skins, though.

250 Su-30? Who ever wrote this has probably no idea how much these things and their infrastructure cost.

Edited by Gocad

I think should wait until such a deal is finalized. If it ever happens. Nothing wrong about fictional skins, though.

250 Su-30? Who ever wrote this has probably no idea how much these things and their infrastructure cost.

a lot of what comes out of Iran is "highly fictionalized". They probably are negotiating something with a top end number around that, what actually gets put on contract will be a lot less. There isn't all that much oil being pumped out of the Iranian oil fields to fund that much fighter acquistion.

unless they work out a deal with the Russians to pay for them with oil......scary thought

Yeah, but those numbers... Nah, it smacks of dodgy reporting to me. Maybe half that number and even if it were true, that number would eventually be revised down. I'm sure there were reports in Iranian and Russian papers about the US looking to buy 5000 new stealth planes (JSF) to replace the F-16 that would have been taken out of context too. Russia is going to have some difficulty in making military sales to Iran anyhow. You should see the number of partitians and agreements they have to jump just to have the Mig-29s supplied and maintained!

unless they work out a deal with the Russians to pay for them with oil......scary thought

FYI: Russia produces more petroleum than Iran.

Edited by Gocad

Right, Russia exports oil as it has more than it needs and it gets a good price for it. Iranian oil would be of no interest to them. However, money Iran gets from selling its oil elsewhere will be welcomed!

Iran needs refined product more than oil.

Right, Russia exports oil as it has more than it needs and it gets a good price for it. Iranian oil would be of no interest to them. However, money Iran gets from selling its oil elsewhere will be welcomed!

yabut since the Ayatollahs shot anyone who knew how to operate the fields decades ago, they don't actually get a lot of production. They essentially export what oil they can now in order to pay for the refined gasoline they can't produce themselves. A very, very vulnerable setup........

:grin:

ahh thank you gocad i did not know that... i feel sheepish now