god!

how many places did my wife degrade Star Wars in?

shoot i'm going to have to have her make her own

account this is getting me in trouble!

You know Star Wars was what got me into sci-fi to begin with. From there I got into sci-fi anime with Macross/Robotech. The aircraft models are what drew me in so easily.

As for Yukikaze, the Sylph is still my favorite and the mave a close second. I just wish we could model the FM so you could fly backwards and shot down enemy missles while flying down a canyon. As with with any anime fan, I would like to see a valkrye in ais to air combat, maybe even somehing from macross plus. VF-19 or VF-21!

An X-wing can fly in atmossphere from it's thrust and profile lift alone. yes profile lift, lift attributed to the shape of the body. Only problem with a Star Wars mod would be TIE fighters they have no lifting surfaces at all.

Thought I'd share my two cents

Brian

Then model wings, and then apply a transparent texture over the geometry, and that should solve the issue of no wings and no repulsorlifts and you can have a TIE Fighter, least that's how I would approach it.

But the Sylph (I'm tracking the right one, don't remember the configuration) would be very nice. Interesting design in itself as well...

I don't know, I don't think you have to model wings at all in the LOD. The data.ini defines the flying characteristics of the aircraft.

FastCargo

who here dislikes the likes of tie x-wings, naboo fighters, or confederation starship, or millennium falcon in woe?...

we are all free to mod this game to oblivion.....

right?

who here dislikes the likes of tie x-wings, naboo fighters, or confederation starship, or millennium falcon in woe?...

we are all free to mod this game to oblivion.....

right?

well, if i can get autodesk inventor for my personal computer, i could give you a 3d model of the mave, ill need to mess around with it a little more (CAD is realy hard to work with when it comes to artistic design)

SAF504 here. Posting this again. NEED HELP. How do I send you the SAF/Yukikaze skins I have. PLEASE REPLY.

SAF504 here. Posting this again. NEED HELP. How do I send you the SAF/Yukikaze skins I have. PLEASE REPLY.

Use winzip to to but all the skin folders in a .zip file then upload it using the 'attachments' window directly below the text window whe you are posting. then select the file from the drop-down menu 'manage current attachments'

After the the Mcmurdo station incursion the allied forces found themselves without effective reconaissance, having become dependant on satellites. With the SR-71 retired and to rare and unwieldly to use for tactical reconaissance, and allied fighters occupied with other missions, a new dedicated recon airframe was required.

In the short-term, 15 RA-5C Vigilante's were pulled from AMARC, re-engined and equiped with modern avionics and multi-function AESA radar, they are deployed to air bases in the Antarctic, close to the front lines

post-24797-1227307659_thumb.jpg

post-24797-1227308060_thumb.jpg

Due to enemy numbers, even a regular recon mission stands a large chance of running into bandits.

Although the enemy favours Swarm tactics, they typically patrol in two's or three's

post-24797-1227308076_thumb.jpg

post-24797-1227308114_thumb.jpg

Fortunately the RA-5E is well equiped to defend itself

post-24797-1227308130_thumb.jpg

post-24797-1227308142_thumb.jpg

post-24797-1227308161_thumb.jpg

In this engagement all four JAM engaged were shot down without loss

War against the JAM, the early days, perhaps?

Actually somewhat canonical (picked these up in my net wanderings)

post-24797-1227370443_thumb.jpgpost-24797-1227370452_thumb.jpg

post-24797-1227370465_thumb.jpg

post-24797-1227370476_thumb.jpgpost-24797-1227370486_thumb.jpg

post-24797-1227370503_thumb.jpg

Exactly when the JAM invaded is never stated, but it's presumed to be in either the late eighties or the nineties, given that the original novel was written in '84, and the appearance of the C-141 in the flashback sequence

Wasn't surprising, especially since probably someone or two have point out that the aircraft used in the novels resembled real-life aircrafts more.

Actually somewhat canonical (picked these up in my net wanderings)

post-24797-1227370443_thumb.jpgpost-24797-1227370452_thumb.jpg

post-24797-1227370465_thumb.jpg

post-24797-1227370476_thumb.jpgpost-24797-1227370486_thumb.jpg

post-24797-1227370503_thumb.jpg

Exactly when the JAM invaded is never stated, but it's presumed to be in either the late eighties or the nineties, given that the original novel was written in '84, and the appearance of the C-141 in the flashback sequence

love the cell shading, but is there a way to get Ink and Paint to work in WoV?

Anyway when my computer comes back on line, i would be more than willing to actually do SOMETHING in this project and work on the FRX #D model

Haven't told anyone about until now because it'll be a while before its even vaguely ready for release

post-24797-1227440917_thumb.jpg

post-24797-1227440956_thumb.jpg

post-24797-1227441054_thumb.jpg

post-24797-1227441081_thumb.jpg

post-24797-1227441167_thumb.jpg

post-24797-1227441189_thumb.jpg

I've also manged to download the artbooks, which have some excellent detail, 3-views, unit insignias, etc

Edited by CrimsonRoamer

Haven't told anyone about until now because it'll be a while before its even vaguely ready for release

I've also manged to download the artbooks, which have some excellent detail, 3-views, unit insignias, etc

Wow, that is great!

That's cool as yeah..... :good:

VERY NICE WORK!

i call dibs on the FRX. and if nobody else want st oork on the supper sylph, than i'll pick it up

Any news?

dunno.

maybe they will follow the two weeks policy

well, my computer is DOA and needs to be wiped clean, and the guys at the shop say its gona take 2 weeks, so i'll have to use the computers at school, no progress till Monday for me.

well, my computer is DOA and needs to be wiped clean, and the guys at the shop say its gona take 2 weeks, so i'll have to use the computers at school, no progress till Monday for me.

Oh no, he really said 2 weeks? :ohmy::haha:

Any news?

It'd probably going to be next year before it's even flyable as Beta.

I'll try to upload the artbooks next weekend. they were scanned by VF-research.com, and were posted on the macross-world forum. try searching their forum for 'yukikaze'

Incidentaly, does anyone know how to modify the sky colour? I was attempting to get to look look more like planet Fairy (green sky, purple at dusk)