Hi,

I was wondering, how do you shutdown/start the engines in Strike Fighters please? Also can you open the canopy? Looked through the key listings and just can't find anything. :sad:

Cheers

Justyn

Hi,

I was wondering, how do you shutdown/start the engines in Strike Fighters please? Also can you open the canopy? Looked through the key listings and just can't find anything. :sad:

Cheers

Justyn

Currently, the game engine doesn't support engine start/stop; during the game they are always on, even at zero throttle. Most a/c's have their canopy animation tied to the landing gear animation and speed. i.e. the gear needs to be down and the canpoy will open when it gets below a certain speed (sucha as when landing). Not all the a/c's have the canopy animated.

HOWEVER COMMA the newest patch allows for 10 mappable animations which you can make for the aircraft and assign to any key, kinda like GMAX in Microsoft Flight Simulator. By default, they are assigned to ALT+all the keyboard number keys.

Short answer: SOME planes have a mappable control for canopy open/shut, SOME do not and never will. :grin:

Engines will not shut off unless TK patches the game to do so, same thing with bailing animations.

Short answer: SOME planes have a mappable control for canopy open/shut, SOME do not and never will. :grin:

Engines will not shut off unless TK patches the game to do so, same thing with bailing animations.

I would love to see some bailing animations, would be great to see my WOV pilot parachute down and get hit with the business end of a AK-47 by a P!ssed off VC. :crazy:

Edited by Redddevil911

I would love to see some bailing animations, would be great to see my WOV pilot parachute down and get hit with the business end of a AK-47 by a P!ssed off VC. :crazy:

Whatever happend to the bad guys getting hosed and the good guys doing us proud. You're sick, dude, and you need help.

Whatever happend to the bad guys getting hosed and the good guys doing us proud. You're sick, dude, and you need help.

Not every story is going to have a happy ending! LOL

What?????? :blink::dntknw:

Well, may I suggest OFP and Armed Assault, where you can get shot down and then fight an infantry battle? The air side of things is limited, of course.

Well, may I suggest OFP and Armed Assault, where you can get shot down and then fight an infantry battle? The air side of things is limited, of course.

Well at least the super AI will hose him down (just like he wants :biggrin: )

Nah,the engines are simple,you don´t have on/off,only max and min. :tongue:

And the canopy may be open when you are on the ground (some aircraft,isn´t all that have,I guess.) but in flight,no way.

Easy answer to that is.... the good guys play by the rules a.k.a. the Geneva Accords. It's a war crime to shoot down any pilot who has bailed out of his A/C, unless the guy in the parachute is either a paratrooper (soilders that deploy to the combat area via parachute) or is shooting at you first.

Hmm yeah Battlefield Vietnam is game you want - like the above v limited/unrealistic jet flying to the point of there being no point :)

Easy answer to that is.... the good guys play by the rules a.k.a. the Geneva Accords. It's a war crime to shoot down any pilot who has bailed out of his A/C, unless the guy in the parachute is either a paratrooper (soilders that deploy to the combat area via parachute) or is shooting at you first.

In real life im sure most of use would certainly honour this!

However in Falcon 4 that KC-135 that stutters around the sky (intentionally i might add) is on borrowed time! :no:

That's looking at it from a pretty black and white perspective isn't it ? As someone who served in the Canadian Forces (Infantry) for four year's I really don't think it would be that clear cut, suppose said pilot had dropped ordnance resulting in the death's of your buddie's and was shot down a few minute's later, treating him "well" would'nt be the first thing to cross my mind. :dntknw:

That's looking at it from a pretty black and white perspective isn't it ? As someone who served in the Canadian Forces (Infantry) for four year's I really don't think it would be that clear cut, suppose said pilot had dropped ordnance resulting in the death's of your buddie's and was shot down a few minute's later, treating him "well" would'nt be the first thing to cross my mind. :dntknw:

Many thanks for the help guys, I thought as much but wondered if I was just missing something!

Many thanks for the help guys, I thought as much but wondered if I was just missing something!

Ok how the heck do I delete my post ?

Edited by Atreides