Sign in to follow this  
Zurawski

Project Update: MV-22 Osprey

Just a little update to show everyone what I've been up to...

:biggrin:

Check the update images here: Zur-TECH.com

As usual Zur, it's pure crap.... :biggrin:

Can't wait to fly it.

Jeez, you don't like picking up the easier tasks do you :tongue: Good stuff!

Great Work!!! Great Quality as usual!!! Cant wait to fly it!!! :wink:

Thanks for the kudos guys... :blush2:

Yeah, I do have the tendancy for the "odd and obscure"... And I do enjoy an FM-modeling challenge (note: I did do a test bed before choosing the model... unlike what I did with another odd vertical take-off bird that shall remain nameless) :rofl:

Right now it's a poly-heavy beast... but getting it down to it's "playing weight" should be no problem...not to mention I do low-poly lods for all my planes as well...

I'll keep posting updates as they happen...

Edited by Zurawski

Nice work Zur! Cant wait to fly it! But will you be making pylons for it? I'm asking because in a short story I wrote there are a pair of ospreys that are able to carry weapons on pylons, plus i think the osprey would look awesome with weapons!

Nice work Zur! Cant wait to fly it! But will you be making pylons for it? I'm asking because in a short story I wrote there are a pair of ospreys that are able to carry weapons on pylons, plus i think the osprey would look awesome with weapons!

Actually, after I'm done with the MV-22, I'm giving thought to converting it into the concept attack version with a nose-mounted chain-gun (Like the Cobra) and stub-wings to mount assorted munitions. :biggrin:

There seems to be an audiance for concept / fantasy birds around here... why buck a good thing?

:crazy:

MV-22? I thought its designantion was going to be CV-22?

hmm, gives me the idea of a new mexico map and some aliens a la half-life. Them, alongside the apache and falcon make a few appearances alongside tanks. maybe make a strider and organic gunships from HL2 and do the 7 hours war that's referred to.

MV-22? I thought its designantion was going to be CV-22?

hmm, gives me the idea of a new mexico map and some aliens a la half-life. Them, alongside the apache and falcon make a few appearances alongside tanks. maybe make a strider and organic gunships from HL2 and do the 7 hours war that's referred to.

Actually there are potentially three variations:

MV-22 = Marines

CV-22 = Airforce and Special Ops

HV-22 = Navy

As of right now the Marines are in the lead with the procurement numbers... But I suspect the Airforce will catch up quickly.

V-22 quite a bird. Hey how many models do you work on at the same time

"One"... In a nutshell, I maybe get three hours a night four times a week to work on this stuff (wife is a task-master...).

I wish I had the man hours to futz away on projects like some of these guys around here... But life comes first... then comes my make-believe world where I'm waited on by topless beauties and can quit literally live at my PC. :biggrin:

Edited by Zurawski

Real life is suprisingly inconvienent sometimes... :mellow:

Zurawski, are you working on the 3 variants, or just the MV-22?

Thanks!

Edited by jtin

Real life is suprisingly inconvienent sometimes... :mellow:

Zurawski, are you working on the 3 variants, or just the MV-22?

Thanks!

I'm focusing on the MV-22 at the moment... the others are a quick mod with very minor differences..

So to to answer your question... "yes".

"One"... In a nutshell, I maybe get three hours a night four times a week to work on this stuff (wife is a task-master...).

I wish I had the man hours to futz away on projects like some of these guys around here... But life comes first... then comes my make-believe world where I'm waited on by topless beauties and can quit literally live at my PC. :biggrin:

LOL, :rofl:

My wife will really get piss off if I am on the computer that long!!!!

Sometimes I sneak at night to do my Mig-21's!!!!!!!!

Don't tell my wife!!!

Actually, after I'm done with the MV-22, I'm giving thought to converting it into the concept attack version with a nose-mounted chain-gun (Like the Cobra) and stub-wings to mount assorted munitions. :biggrin:

There seems to be an audiance for concept / fantasy birds around here... why buck a good thing?

:crazy:

Cool! Cant wait till that one is released so I can pop some tanks! Any Idea what its designation would be? I am leaning towards the obvious one (at least in my mind) The AV-22. This is also the designation the Teen Military (faction in a book I am working on) uses.

Yeah, AV-22 or perhaps A/MV-22.

There will only be 50 CV-22s, so I don't know if the USAF will ever "catch up" to the MV-22 numbers as they've already got the lead.

So Zur, will you be modeling the dreading vortex ring state?? Will you? Will you?!?!? WILL YOU?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

So Zur, will you be modeling the dreading vortex ring state?? Will you? Will you?!?!? WILL YOU?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Can that even be done in the sim?

There will only be 50 CV-22s, so I don't know if the USAF will ever "catch up" to the MV-22 numbers as they've already got the lead.

Dont know if they will. But I have seen a bunch of them flying around lately. And one day near Oak island airport, which is relatively small as it holds cessnas and 1 or 2 Leer Jets, I saw an Osprey land and take on fuel. But I didnt get a chance to talk to the pilots!

Nope... 'MY" Ospreys will have a perfect 10/10 service and maintenance record...

Can that even be done in the sim?

Hmm... Must admit I'm just a FM hack, so I can't comment intelligently about it... "Guessing" however, I doubt it. If we can't get prop-wash... I doubt a vortex ring will be possible.

...Though you FM gurus out there do some amazing stuff, of which I'm quite envious!

Hmm... Must admit I'm just a FM hack, so I can't comment intelligently about it... "Guessing" however, I doubt it. If we can't get prop-wash... I doubt a vortex ring will be possible.

...Though you FM gurus out there do some amazing stuff, of which I'm quite envious!

Better get 'er right, Zur...the "Osprey" is watching.....

ov22jr2.jpg