Sign in to follow this  
Dave

F-16XL Version 2.0

F-16XL Version 2.0

F-16XL Version 2.0

Original Model by wpnssgt via Swede

Updated models by Dels, smoothed out the tail section, fixed some animations and the nose. Also all new nozzle work. Thank you Dels.

ini work by moonjumper and usafmtl

Fm by Fubar512

Skins by creepin death

Pit, sounds, effects and drop tanks used with permission from the Mirage Factory.

:ok:

Absolut fantastic aircraft!!

thank,s alot...

BEAUTIFUL!!

I've been curious about this one. Yet another fighter that could grace the skies of the real world, in greater numbers.

The hardpoints could be space out just a teeny bit (AGM-65s seem a little tightly packed on there, as it is.), but otherwise, she's a gorgeous plane.

Nice piece of work.

As a mud-mover, is it supposed to be without air RADAR?

Or did I mess something up?

As a mud-mover, is it supposed to be without air RADAR?

Spec

Did you look down between your legs in the pit?

The hardpoints could be space out just a teeny bit (AGM-65s seem a little tightly packed on there, as it is.), but otherwise, she's a gorgeous plane.

It says in the readme that we don't have the max file so you have to live with it. Sorry.

Spec

Did you look down between your legs in the pit?

Well, there was something really LARGE in the way! :biggrin:

No, really, I see it on the screen, it expands out from 5 - 80 miles, but I get no return of items within that forward sector known to be there.

I just thought their wasn't supposed to be RADAR, so now I know I am blowing it somewhere. :dntknw:

I admit to not having fired any of these sims up in a couple of months, and have a different stick, and the dog ate it and stuff.

No wucking furries, I'll get it fingered out, if I ever get back to my game system. Tougher to do anymore...

Well, there was something really LARGE in the way! :biggrin:

No, really, I see it on the screen, it expands out from 5 - 80 miles, but I get no return of items within that forward sector known to be there.

I just thought their wasn't supposed to be RADAR, so now I know I am blowing it somewhere. :dntknw:

I admit to not having fired any of these sims up in a couple of months, and have a different stick, and the dog ate it and stuff.

I just checked and I had no problem locking anything up A2A. Just might be you are out of practice.

Can i ask what did you change ?

I search but didn't found :(

I must say... WOW!!! Nice plane! Though I wonder why it's so limited in terms of carrying A2A missiles (only 2 Sidewinders on the outer wing pylons?) - I guess that's why my first A2A kill flying this bird was - yeah, you wouldn't have guessed it - a RAMMING kill!!! :rofl: Marcelo's Su-27 bought the farm whilst I kept on going, smoking though... All in all, a nice aircraft though! :good:

I must say... WOW!!! Nice plane! Though I wonder why it's so limited in terms of carrying A2A missiles (only 2 Sidewinders on the outer wing pylons?) - I guess that's why my first A2A kill flying this bird was - yeah, you wouldn't have guessed it - a RAMMING kill!!! :rofl: Marcelo's Su-27 bought the farm whilst I kept on going, smoking though... All in all, a nice aircraft though! :good:

Because there was an issue with them on the other pylons..... So I had to pull it from download to fix it and re-upload it. As I said in the readme there are bugs with it that can't be fixed since we have no max file for it. Sorry.

*ONLY* problem I've run into is just a nitpick, was flying a strike mission and when I dropped a GPU it rolled to the opposite side that it should IE it rolled to the side of the aircraft that no longer had the weapon, instead of the side that still had one.

Donno if that's an FM fix or not though

That is a nitpick though its a great aircraft!

*ONLY* problem I've run into is just a nitpick, was flying a strike mission and when I dropped a GPU it rolled to the opposite side that it should IE it rolled to the side of the aircraft that no longer had the weapon, instead of the side that still had one.

Donno if that's an FM fix or not though

That is a nitpick though its a great aircraft!

Haven't ran into that one at all. Quit jerking it and be smooth with it...... :rofl: Ok bad joke.

Fubar said you are full of it Shawn, he said you are jerking it too hard too. LOL

*bonks Dave on the head good naturedly* silly USAFMTL

:D:D:D:D

Maybe I am, I don't have my desktop with me at the moment so I can't test it again:) Like I said I'm most likely nitpicking, also I fly on Hard so....:)

Edited by Chaser617

I donno, maybe I'm doing something wrong:) laptop dosen't have SF on it and the desktop is 70 miles away.

It can carry up to 8xAim-120s and a pair of IRMs... that's not enough?? :rofl:

Good stuff Dave and crew! It climbs like a rocket and floats to eath like a leaf... This plane has to have the smoothest landing I've ever experienced! You may convert me to the Viper yet... :good:

Good stuff Dave and crew! It climbs like a rocket and floats to eath like a leaf... This plane has to have the smoothest landing I've ever experienced! You may convert me to the Viper yet... :good:

All that credit goes to Fubar for the FM work, he used real NASA data on it. I think he spent maybe 20 hours on creating the FM.

Sierra Hotel upgrade!

I am nor seriously digging the RADAR!

The range cues are righteous, and the returns are solid.

We need an above and beyond medal `round here!

:good:

Sierra Hotel upgrade!

I am nor seriously digging the RADAR!

The range cues are righteous, and the returns are solid.

We need an above and beyond medal `round here!

:good:

Loving this SIM. Where else can ya get a a talon, ucavs, f-16xl, f-23, everything from the history of flight almost :ok: Thanks for the mod. It is much appreciated and enjoyed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The F-16xl reminds me of when I was a kid looking through books and seeing the xl. There was also an F-16 with a pair of forward canards on the fuselage up front? or the FSW version? they would be sick mods.

avf16_2_6.jpg

avf16_2_8.png

Ok updated pit installed in the package rather than a separate download.

The F-16xl reminds me of when I was a kid looking through books and seeing the xl. There was also an F-16 with a pair of forward canards on the fuselage up front? or the FSW version? they would be sick mods.

The ASTI F-16 looked neat, but its main purpose was unusual flying, and you couldn't model that here. As such, other than being cool to look at, it would fly the same as the stock F-16s.

The ASTI F-16 looked neat, but its main purpose was unusual flying, and you couldn't model that here. As such, other than being cool to look at, it would fly the same as the stock F-16s.

I guess he was refering to the IAI Lavi....Israel new "F-16" :blink:

IAI-Lavi-B-2-Bukvoed-Wikipedia-GPL-1S.jpg

lavi_5.jpg

lavi_1.jpg

Nope, he was talking about the ATSI, it was if I remember right a research aircraft designed to test post-stall maneuverability applications, it had 'downward' pointing canards on the chin intake. Early artists impressions also had the JASDF's Mitsubishi F-2A Viper Zero, a F-16 derivitive (new wing as well as other differences from the basic Viper) also included these canards but it was later revealed that the Viper Zero would not have these.

The Lavi was actually a aircraft that came very close to production in Israel till poltical pressure forced the cancellation of the project (we ended up giving them more Viper airframes to help compensate) but was used as an advanced technology demostrator after the cancellation of the project.