Sign in to follow this  
Fates

Who's ready for COD 4?

I know I am. The COD series has been awesome, but I've never taken to MP. Either way, I'm still 100% satisfied with the game in SP and will still buy it. I just hope they bring more America's Army style Multiplayer simulation into it.

Any thoughts?

Fates

I do have to say, I used to cheat my ass off when playing MP.

But before you try to kick my ass into next week, lemme explain why

I noticed more and more players acting weirdly on our servers here, things like the way they'd track you through the walls of a trench in El Al, the way they'd seem to aim at your feet and you'd still die instantly. After a while, all I wanted to do was get some payback on these little punks and found some stuff that would let me do this. When playing, if I saw someone who was owning a little too much or someone who was acting dodgy as hell, I would use my hacks and hunt them down relentlessly! I'd pick on that one person until they gave up and disconnected or until my side would join in (after which the game would get boring and we'd quit).

I gave it up for a while and picked it up again months later but noticed that just about everyone seemed to have this omniscent view of the map except for me. so in order to keep a "level" playing field, I adopted the hacks and things were equal for a while, but it just kinda killed the experience for me which sucked because the single player experience was the best!!

So what 's the deal with CoD 4? Is it going to see the return of the vehicles, tanks, HMGs, bazookas etc? Or is it going to be along the lines of Cod and Cod 2?

I played CoD1 offline once, and then gave it away. Never played the MP, after about 10 mins struck me as "more of the same". Never got the expansion, only played the demo for CoD2, and of course 3 was console-only excluding me.

However, if the SP game is there I may pick it up at a discount. With no coop MP, it's not a priority for me.

I'll play SP. MP doesn't do much for me. That's the kids' dept. around here. I loved all the others (including the console versions :tongue: ) in SP, though. I don't mind console-itis on a CONSOLE. When the PC version has it (cough - MoH:AB - cough), it does bug me...

Lord Jedi, you make a great point. I'm sick to death of good FPS games coming out minus co-op options! I don't buy the crappy argument how the FPS gamer has changed fundamentally since about 2000 and that all we want is deathmatch or online play only! That's why I really got into GRAW 2 and it's co-op play. To me, I believe this has been a big negative of the CoD series.

all we want is deathmatch or online play only!

The "WE" in the statement means little boys that don't know how to play. I prefer America's Army and there are some great co-op maps. The MP is extremrly good even without co-op and the community as whole is very intolerant of hackers. It's nice to see hack free gaming almost 95%+ of the time. AAO has used Punkbuster for what it was meant for and not like Battlefield series where they only kick ya from the server for a small period of time.

Lets get the hacks out... Like you said, some games you have to have the hacks just to make it a level playing field. There are several online communities within America's Army that develop Ban Lists and them share them with other server operators. America's Army Server Admins (AASA) is probably the most well known of these. The PB screenshots are submitted, confirmed and then the name, GUID, IP is added to the lists. The Ban lists are automatically updated every 24-48 hours.

Hooah!~

I think the last games besides the tom clancy shooters to have coop were quake 2 and unreal. Everyhing else took buggy mods to do. And Coop has always been my favorite. Nothing like having useful backup in a game.

You should have stuck with CoD SP, it starts out mostly the same, but they really ramp up the intensity of fights. Especially in the addon. the fiercest fighting I've ever seen in a game.

The last non-tactical FPS game I've played with coop was I think Serious Sam 2. Before that it was NOLF2. Not nearly enough of them.

The first vietcong has a very good co-op mode and there are a bunch of co-op maps available for download. Only problem is that the game engine is starting to show its age, especially after you play something like CoD4.

Oh yeah, I forgot about VC1! That game oozed atmosphere and had great voice acting. The coop reminded me the coop in the first AvP game where you could play Marines or Predators and fight waves of Aliens.

I've not touched VC1 since before VC2 was released, though.

I have Call of Duty 4 pre-ordered for my Xbox 360. I did the MP beta when it was out a few months ago. This game is the best of the COD series yet.

When's the release on the 360? Isn't in November 4th or something like that? I guess I will have to wait until Christmas.

I just saw a commercial for it. I'm in!!!!!!!!!!

Damnit! I gots to wait till Friday... It gonna be a long week now :sad:

I am SOOOOOOOOOOO very ready for it. Especially after the catastrophe called Medal of Honor Airborne I am eager to play CoD4.

A pity the Medal of Honor series on the PC died after Allied Assault because 2015 left. Call of Duty has always captured me in

multiplay and probably will again!

If you pre-ordered it, they ship today and since mine is over night I should get mine tomorrow morning. (I took the day off lol) In the states it is set to release tomorrow. A buddy of mine from Xbox live, who lives in Germany, said it comes out Friday. So at some point everyone should have a copy by Sat at the latest. That is my guess.

-Wells

Well I bought Halo 3 Legendary and Ace Combat 6 Fires of Liberations so I'll be in a little bit of debt for a while. My friend said the North America release is tommorrow, or Tuesday.

I got it, but have to wait another 3 hours to play it. :(

Well after and hour all I can say is bad ass....

Well after and hour all I can say is bad ass....

How bloody good is the AC-130 op?!?!

:good: :good: :good: :good: :good:

I bought my copy for the PS3 today, so far I think graphically its very very nice, even on my standard def TV. The first mission aboard a cargo container is really atmospheric and quite frantic at the end (don't want to give away any spoilers) I've just tried my first multiplayer game and found it a bit disorientating at first as with most games you need to learn the maps but glad to see they've not reduced the graphics quality like they did in Rainbow 6:Vegas which looked great single player and distinctly last-gen in multiplay even if it was good fun that was dissapointing. I don't recall the name of the map I played but it was two blocks of flats adjacent to each other. The game fostered a good feeling of co-operation as my team sweeped from floor to floor clearing out the building - or at least attempting too :biggrin:

Edited by Revvin

I made lvl 55 last night on MP. I am currently ranked 43rd in match wins on the Xbox 360 CoD 4 leader boards. Right now I hold a 1.89 K/D. I was 2.73, but I have been screwing around in Death match instead of playing S&D servers.

If you think the C-130 mission is great, just wait until you are knee deep in bad guys with nothing more than a sniper rifle and a pistol to keep you company, while you wait for the bird to come get you. I don't want to give anything away, but trust me, it is a long, but very, very, busy wait.

Hehe, yeah I just played that one last night, although I ditched the pistol early on an nabbed the MP5, then threw that away for the P90. And when I ran outta ammo for that, there were plenty of AKs laying around! :wink:

I like the MP XP system. I think I was promoted to Corporal after only 51 mins of play. I find I can rack up the kills on the container ship level, and the bog (hehe bog!) but everywhere else I'm a bit average. Now if I can just unlock that AK-74Su and pimp it out with some attachments... Mwahaha!! :biggrin:

I can only get access to about 2 S&D servers at the mo, the others are perpetually full!

My only gripe so far (aside from the SAS using American aircraft) is that I kinda miss the fire rate toggle from the very first one. I mean it's very tolerant of semi auto firing, but I think it's because I'm used to semi auto in BF2.

Just bought it today.... and all i can say is WOW!!!!!!!

bought the pc ed. friday and finished yesterday,5 hours of intense play! all I can say is the major flaw of this game:"It's Perfect"!(just a little short) but I'll try to replay it in arcade mode!

I got my copy for the PS3 last sunday and it was as I expected, awesome! Although I wish it was a little longer on the singleplayer side, but the MP makes up for that! Plus I think customizing your weaponry is awesome! I currently have an AK-47 W/grenade launcher, and a jungle camo paint scheme! If you want to find me on the PSN and add me as a friend and play me I am Falcon161, same as here, definitely the best $63.36 i've spent in a long time!

Edited by Falcon161