Sign in to follow this  
FOTF

Whatcha building right now?

Very nice! I think I'm gonna get a new R/C plane of some sort soon. Haven't done that since I was a kid. Never liked the balsa & dope stuff, though. I like the newer foam ones. And the real jets! Expensive but cool. WAY out of my price range & skill level, but someday...

I'm currently building a 1/32nd scale A-10A. Heh...not much time for it though, I've been working on it about 3 years so far and don't even have the cockpit done yet. I ended up having to start over even though I had the seat built, painted, and ready to put in. My friggin' cat got a hold of the seat rails, and I haven't seen them since. So, I decided to buy another aftermarket seat from a different manufacturer which has the rails attached.

Put some much better pics of the F-20 up. Had my brother bring over his ubercamera (all I know is I don't know how to use it properly LOL) & they turned out pretty good. It's nice to see how much dust was in the cockpit AFTER he took the pics. I think I need a magnifier of some sort...

post-18931-1190409403_thumb.jpg

post-18931-1190409508_thumb.jpg

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...q=sc&cat=69\

Edited by RunsWithScissors

You know what's better for that sort of thing (pictures wise)? Use a long lens and stand REALLY far away. I find that works better for pics of objects like that. You don't get as much perspective distortion...and depth of field is much less of a player (blur in some parts of subject but not others).

Of course...you need a tripod...

FastCargo

I finally have a place to work without having to break down my kit every night for dinner....

I set up a table in the garage, and added a space heater, worklight, mini stereo. It is just dark and dingey enough to keep the women of the house out and just cozy enough for me to work on models in peace.

And...as an added bonus...the floor is concrete, so I don't have the carpet monster stealing parts!

took this pic some weeks ago,

it shows some of my models I build years ago in the 90's, some of them together with my brother.

Not touched for years.... dust all over them...

gallery_2042_69_571808.jpg

I have a whole bunch of tanks... somewhere..LOL.. and many unbuild kits:

Italeri Ka-50

Tamiya Merkava I

Tamiya Challenger I

Tamiya Tiger I "Otto Carius" limited edition

several 1/25 scale Tanks which can be fitted with R/C control

SU-100

T-34/85

Panther A ( I have 2, one Tamiya with R/C thingo and one Acedemy clone without)

I have the big, old Tamiya King Tiger with R/C ... scale is.. errr.... cant remember...

Dragon Panther F

Dragon Panther II

several more Dragon figure sets ( more SEALs and Vietnam stuff )

and more things I dont know abouot anymore LOL

Edited by Crusader

I am just about done with my Revellogram F-14 Tomcat...

This is the first model I have built in over 20 years.

Tomcat_1.jpg

Tomcat_2.jpg

Still need to weather and detail, add gear and burner cans, weapons and of course...decals. She is going to be dressed up in VF-2 Bounty Hunter colors during their last cruise.

Not much, but considering I haven't done a kit in 20+ years, I am pretty proud of it.

Id get it off of that stool before someone sits on it....looking real nice

I've got a kit im dieing to build, Its a Hasegawa F-16C in 1/32 scale.

My uncle let me raid his shed when he moved and the Viper and a unknown 1/32 F/A-18C Hornet Kit were found in badly bug and water damaged boxes. The plastic bag kept all the parts perfect but both instruction sheets and boxes were destroyed.

I really want to do the Viper right, but so far i cant find the instruction sheets online any place. Does anyone know of any sites i could check?

The real bonus was a collection of RC planes and equipment that hasnt been touched in 20 years! I got field box,2 P-51Ds,a Spitfire,a wrecked helocopter (he says would be easy to fix),Some boxed RC plane kits and a wing and fuselage of a Huge uncompleted Ju-87 Stuka. and 1 radio that looks like it might work and 2 trashed ones.

I'll try to get pics soon.

WarlordATF,

Try one of the model sites' forums. Those guys can usually help you out. There's: http://modelingmadness.com/index.htm or http://www.finescale.com/fsm/ for starters. I've gotten plenty of help from those guys. (One of the hazards of getting kits off of ebay, sometimes they're missing parts/instructions.)

Good luck

Warlord,

head over to ARC

They will get you going on the right path....and say hi when you get there

Nice shots! Feels good to back into the hobby doesn't it? Did the same thing after a 10 year absence myself.

Well I've decided to shelve the damn Nieuport 11...can't bring myself to do the rigging yet. I just finished a Dh.2, and the rigging on that thing was enough to put me over the edge for awhile.

I think I'll finish the Super Sabre. Next up is the A-4C in VA-76 colors.

Not sure if I'll post any shots...I'm not that good...but I do enjoy building them.

That's why I like ARC...lotta different skill levels represented...and Steve Bamford is a great guy.

Feels very good.

I am enjoying it very much. Very relaxing.

If you are looking for a good Skyhawk, may I suggest the Hobbycraft A-4C. It is a very very nice kit with engraved panel lines, it is a little wider than it should be in the cockpit area....but it looks the part on your shelf.

The nice thing is Hobbycraft includes the parts for other variants on the sprue, so even though your kit says "A-4E" on the box, you can easily build it into a F, M, H, etc...

Well, I've already got the Fujimi 1/72 A-4C. I need to keep my scale to 72...not much space. Although the Scooter would still be small at that scale. :biggrin:

And I told my wife that model building is my meditation...yoga never did much for me.

I just picked up two Monogram OA-4M kits. Looking forward to building those. Trouble is, decals are hard to find for that plane.

So now my "to do" list is....

Revell F-14A Tomcat

Revell F/A-18E Super Hornet

Revell F/A-18F Super Hornet

Monogram AV-8B Harrier

Academy F-14A Tomcat

Hobbycraft A-4F Skyhawk

Hobbycraft A-4M Skyhawk

Monogram OA-4M Skyhawk x2

I am starting to build a little stash....the nice thing is, the only kit I have paid full price for is the two Super Bugs. Everything else was either trades, EBay, or "scratch and dent".

I told my wife the same thing...."it is my relaxation"....she just gave me that "I don't get men" look. The way I see it, I don't bother her when she goes shoe shopping....

I just finished building a P-38 that I spent WAY too much time on trying to make it look old. Now I'm half done an A-10, and next I gotta do a P-51. I only really work on models in the winter, though.

Just finished:

Mikro72's Yak-1M. c. 1977 from Poland. Not the best kit, the plastic seemed to soak up the glue, it had no real interior, and the clear part wasn't. But it looks like a Yak when it's done! Hell, even the decals worked well.

1/700 Minicraft Japanese WW2 Destroyer Hayanami.

1/48 Monogram P-61. Hard to believe how old this is. Other than a bit (ok, QUITE a bit) of flash, it's just as nice as it was when we were kids.

Currently working on the 1/72 AMT/ERTL F-16 Thunderbirds. I used to hate doing white paint, as I've never done it well. Now I REALLY hate it. I tried painting these flat white, (then throw on some Future for gloss later) but they've sucked up every last bit of dust in the house. Makes dusting the rest of the house easy, I guess. :rolleyes:

Other than that, I have yet to do:

1/72

Italeri F/A-18F

Hasegawa Mitsubishi T-2CCV (yep, another white one, ugh)

Heller Su-27

Heller Bu 133 "Jungmeister"

1/48

Hobbycraft Hurricane

Hobbycraft EF-111

Monogram F-15C

Accurate Miniatures IL-2 w/skis (WOW what a kit! I'm getting everything they make.)

1/35

Testors Leopard I (lost a few pieces over the years from sitting around. Gonna write Testors & try for some replacements)

1/144

Minicraft Tu-22M Backfire B

1/600

Airfix HMS Fearless (TINY little helicopters!)

1/130

Heller X-15 (screwy scale. Gotta love old kits.)

AHH, unemployment has it's benefits. LOL Only have 2 weeks til I start my new job. Gotta get crackin'!

I just found an awesome hobby shop....

They are one of those places that buys old collections....

I scored 2 Hasegawa 1/32nd scale A-4E/F Skyhawks, a Monogram "high tech" A-4 with photo etched parts and some resin included and a couple of Testors kits, a RF-4B and F/A-18B...both of which are rebadged Italeri kits....for 50 bucks!

I just found an awesome hobby shop....

They are one of those places that buys old collections....

I scored 2 Hasegawa 1/32nd scale A-4E/F Skyhawks, a Monogram "high tech" A-4 with photo etched parts and some resin included and a couple of Testors kits, a RF-4B and F/A-18B...both of which are rebadged Italeri kits....for 50 bucks!

Wow! The Hasegawa Skyhawks are worth $50 by themselves. As I travel across the country I stuble across such hobby shops - there used to be one like that in St. Louis - and the hobby shop is still there - but the prices aren't. :dntknw:

I just finished the revell 1/72 F-4F (painted up as an F-4E)

I am now currently working on the old 1/720 CVN-65 made my revell.

I am also finishing up one of two F-14Ds in 1/144 (VF-31).

I am near done decaling my 1/72 RF-101C. I found it in some Korean hobby store for $5.

Here is a couple pics from my latest build.....

bigscale_scooter_1.jpg

bigscale_scooter_3.jpg

It's a Hasegawa 1/32nd scale A-4F Skyhawk. Going to be completely out of box, with the exception of decals and weapons. I am exchanging the kit Bullpups for resin AGM-45 Shrikes

holy crap! Thats pretty good.

How/where do you start with cockpit detailing? I would love to be able to do this.