Sign in to follow this  
racinglad

The best sim in town...

I´ve got Strike Fighter Project 1 and want to buy a new flight sim.

Which one would you recommend the most.

1.- Wings Over Europe

2.- Lock-On

3.- Falcon 4.0

Or if there´s a better that I didn´t list please name them.

Thanks.

Wings Over Europe. If your already accustom to the SF series why not? Plus it comes default with an F-15A, Germany, and tons of commies!

Edited by JA 37 Viggen

Honestely.....

Lock-on(flaming cliffs) is a bit hard, if you came from a SF engine, but the WoE and SF are + or - the same game(engine)

if we have mods, i preffer download the Europe terrain for SF , and the mods...

but some people simple hate lomac...

but if you are acoustumed with the game style continue in WoE!

is a really change of experience!

i think is no better than other, what happen is, one simulator is differtend by other according with yor prefferences...

i will say one think here, dont take bad

i dont like Falcon 4.0 AF, because of graphics, i preffer to change for Old Falcon 4.0 + Open Falcon, is just amazing, and much better

Edited by Silverbolt

If you like Third Wire stuff, go on with WOE. If you're looking something more complex, I'd prefer old Falcon 4 as Silverbolt mentioned.

I´ve been watching Lock-On videos on youtube and I like what I see. I may have to buy all three of them and be done with it hehehe.

One question, though. Can you install add-on aircraft and mods to Lock-On?

IMHO, Lock On is not much more than eye candy

So I should go for Wings Over Vietnam and Wing Over Europe instead...

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

i preffer to change for Old Falcon 4.0 + Open Falcon, is just amazing, and much better

What is Open Falcon anyway, a free addon for Falcon 4.0?

I´ve noticed that there isn´t much add-ons and mods for LOCK-ON. Why is that?

No add-on aircract seems wierd. I´d like to see the MiG-21 and F-4E and all available aircraft still flying today.

No add-on aircract seems wierd. I´d like to see the MiG-21 and F-4E and all available aircraft still flying today.

Well, IMHO, the Third Wire sims got an architecture more friendly to mod than LOCK-ON.

They almost ask for mods. :-)

Sorry my bad english.

To get a new bird not in LOMAC then you would have to replace a plane. Say you hated the Su-25 nd wanted an F-22A. Well youd get your F-22 but it would have the charicteristics of the Su-25.

In other words, i's better o just use the stock planes and not fiddle with the game (this is a rule I apply to all games that don't support mods).

I know it´s a rule of thumb that all games that support mods seem to have a longer life than those who don´t.

Can they at least make the AI planes flyable then?

I would sure like to fly the Mirage 2000...

Edited by racinglad

Yes although I wouldn't support it. But remember that you'll get a helluva lot more birds out of the TW series. And eventually a Mirage 2000.

If you had to choose between the two, I would pick WoE.

However, if you can find the two for cheap I would pick them both up....

LOMAC is for people who want to fly the planes included in that game, not others. Best sim of an Su-25 ever, plus the A-10 and MiG-29 and Su-27. The F-15 is ok.

Falcon is for people who want the best F-16 sim ever.

WoX is for people who want to fly EVERYTHING and get to blow it up, unlike MSFS where you can fly but not fight.

WOE. I have all of them and this is the one I always come back to.

So I should go for Wings Over Vietnam and Wing Over Europe instead...

I'm a huge fan of WOV and the YAP stuff really makes it something special. Either way, you can't go wrong with a thirdwire game; you can add so much stuff that you can really make it into just about anything you want.

WoX is for people who want to fly EVERYTHING and get to blow it up, unlike MSFS where you can fly but not fight.

I've always wondered about the military plane expansion packs for Microsoft Flight Simulator series. Is there no combat at all? Do you just fly around in an F-16 or F-15 for example? There are no campaigns or single player missions?

My favorite of the MS series was Combat Flight Simulator 2. The third version sucked.

try lockon, many addons and enhancements, many mods improving on the original.

not one to bag other sims or games as its each to their own but please do not forget to give lockon a go.

i fell in love with it a few years ago now and we are still happy together :)

have a look around sites like 'lockonfiles' etc to get an idea as to whats going on.

and visit the digital combat simulator ( DCS ) forums to see whats over the horizon.

whatever you choose, i hope you find what you are after, i did :good:

Flying a fighter in MSFS is like flying training missions. You can't do anything different from the other planes, except for the addition of carrier ops in the latest expansion. There's no combat of any type.

There ARE missions of a sort now, but they don't involve blowing up or shooting anything.

Well, I played all of them, and I'm currently in love with both LOMAC and WOE:

IMHO, LOMAC is more realistic in sensors operation and electronic stuff, and has some amazing graphics and flight models...BUT it's not very mod-friendly, as people said before...

WoE, on the other hand, is just as fun as hell, you can fly almost everything mankind ever built and blow up all the rest XD...

Considering the average prives, I'd look for both AND pick both, they're different but they complement each other VEEEERY well!

Cheers!

hide86