Yes, the renamed F-5G. I'm not sure what it would offer over the F-16, though. Same engine as an F-16 but same old avionics and weapons (2/4/6 AIM-9s, guns, limited radar, VERY limited AG options).

old avionics ? no... limited AG options.. no .... http://www.f20a.com/

Yes, the renamed F-5G. I'm not sure what it would offer over the F-16, though. Same engine as an F-16 but same old avionics and weapons (2/4/6 AIM-9s, guns, limited radar, VERY limited AG options).

singapore air force modify their F-5 to fire off an AMRAAM

@ Crusader, nice link very informativ ... sad to sea this bird dying ... but very cool is the T-38 wich should stay in service until 2050 with a mainly 100 yearsold design and airframe ...

Wasn't Taiwan going to buy it until Jimmy said no?

I was split between trading them the jets for a charizard, and in the end I just had to say no, cos my cousin Hibbert gave me one for building him a barn.

Edited by JimmyBib

This looks like it will be an awesome bird to fly

I would like to see the Brazilian's F-5EM... xD

But we have a lot of WIP to care about... ^^

Ching kuo from Taiwan is a beatiful plane...

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, YESSS!!!

The Ching Kuo is a gorgeous little bird. Smaller than an F-16, actually.

Come on guys, lets get back on topic, This thread is all about marvelling over my superb efforts creating the Typhoon :yes:

Come on guys, lets get back on topic, This thread is all about marvelling over my superb efforts creating the Typhoon :yes:

Sorry Craig must admit that we did wander off topic but in the words of a one time Oscar winner " Show us the Money"

Lazboy

I haven't taken any lately, but if you hang on, I will have some cockpit shots coming soon

I haven't taken any lately, but if you hang on, I will have some cockpit shots coming soon

:clapping: I knew waiting 2 weeks for that would work! BTW, how's the Islander?

OK heres some developments for the Typhoon pit, I am concentrating on Avionics right now (HUD and RADAR)

img00002.jpg

img00001-1.jpg

p.s. USAFMTL, I can't seem to PM you, I was wondering if your guys have looked at the FM yet?

Looking good! I really like that radar.

Very nice pit hope we can see some pics of the bird from the outside?!?!?

If you look back through the pages of this thread there are pics I posted before

Did you get the pilot's position raised? And I forgot to mention this pages back but I actually like the

lovely chav burberry skin

Goergous, goergous ....

- i hope you won't go stingy on the canopy frame polygons of the final release :D

- and i think it should maybe be thinner?

- will it have mirrors?

will it have mirrors?

HMMM!! look at the screens again

i hope you won't go stingy on the canopy frame polygons of the final release :D

- and i think it should maybe be thinner?

I'm a new modder, I haven't had to endure rivet counting too often, so I am not too offended by criticism, just be aware that some others might be, and yes I agree it seems a little thick, will prob work on it (won't change it much though), I will consider the polygons side of things in balance with the rest of the pit, I wan't it all to be looking good if I can.

HMMM!! look at the screens again

I'm a new modder, I haven't had to endure rivet counting too often, so I am not too offended by criticism, just be aware that some others might be, and yes I agree it seems a little thick, will prob work on it (won't change it much though), I will consider the polygons side of things in balance with the rest of the pit, I wan't it all to be looking good if I can.

- mirrors - my weird sense of humour, dont pay attention, (sort of rhetoric question out of excitement) :P

- dont get me wrong your work is excellent ! i dont see any reason why would you be offended at all (as far as the others concerned, who cares lol) full thumbs up here, seriously, i can see only good results if it keeps going that way. Just my 2C of my trained eye , MAYBE, which means this has to be researched , the canopy frame is thicker than it should, but i will check on that again. Frame polygon count of the frame alone (and maybe mirrors too) i strongly believe it should be as high as possible (stock cockpit level) for the sole simple reason that its a pure curve and has to be as smooth as possible. the rest of the pit details can be as minimal polys as they want maybe when they are simple primitives

- personaly when i coment is only with constructive motivation in mind , just to help, suggest and hopefuly contribute to improvement, not criticise at all. The receiver either takes it or leave it. Both directions respected. Whatever the outcome will be, still thankful for the release and honest congrats.